Galaxy I9000 - Internal SD card not mounting :(

Last Updated:

1. galaxy00

galaxy00 New Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying to install the latest Froyo update on my new galaxy i9000 and ran into problems. The update was JP3. First the phone kept on flashing i.e. screen off and on. and then i had to reboot the phone and same problem. I tried to flash it again with odin but this time I got an error message:

Update Media please wait
    E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory) E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD:"

Your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions
    copy default media content failed.

When I boot it moves past the Galaxy I9000m screen shows me the galaxy screen with animation and sound, the screen then goes of leaving me with a black screen and the buttons lit.

Now, no matter what I do I kept on getting this message. I have a feeling that somehow it messed up the internal sd card of my device.

Is there a way I could repartition my card (if that would solve it) and then reinstall a froyo 2.2 update.

It is a brand new phone and i am very nervous. Please help :(

Advertisement
  2. dsyzug

dsyzug Well-Known Member

3. cuem

cuem New Member

4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Moved your post to the Samsung Galaxy i9000 forum, where it belongs. ;)

Good luck with the issue.

5. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member

so did you find a way to get around this problem? cuz I have the same problem as you and it's driving me nuts