Support GALAXY J3 2016

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ANDYBAZ, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ANDYBAZ

ANDYBAZ New Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Hi all, im looking for some help, i am trying to stop my J3 from updating software., any one know of any setting screen i need to be looking at, i have looked at seperate items on phone gone to settings and tried to stop as they load to phone etc, but i wish to stop all updates, as it currently eats into my internet allowance, so no internet usage for a month untill it renews etc.........

Either that or sell the phone on ........

Advertisement
  2. xyz666

xyz666 Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Male
    La Paz, Bolivia
    If you mean updating apps from Google Playstore, you can easily disable this feature. Open "Play Store", go to the menu (slide your finger from the left edge to the center of the screen). Then in Settings, the first option allows to update only via Wifi or not update automatically at all.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. ANDYBAZ

ANDYBAZ New Member

Jan 11, 2017
    thank you for the reply, will look at this later this evening, its a brand its a brand new phone, and i dont want if updating goolge/address book/ etc etc the phone is ook as it is, but if continually it searches the internet as soon as it it turned on, then it will have to go, it drained my internet package the first night of purchase, so eager to see when it renews jan 27th how long my internet useage is present.
    I dont do games or video or facebook on the phone, just text an calls. But thank you for your comments.

4. xyz666

xyz666 Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Male
    La Paz, Bolivia
    Ok, remember you can always keep "Mobile Data" disabled. Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) come with Android 5.1.1, so you can slide your finger from the top edge to the center of the screen and open the Android shortcuts. Be sure that "Mobile Data" it's not enabled. Doing that, your phone it's not going to use any kind of internet package from your operator. This is very useful when you are in any place that have WiFi, so you use that and not the "Mobile Data".
    If you are in the street and need to use the "Mobile Data" enable it and remember disable it later.

5. ANDYBAZ

ANDYBAZ New Member

Jan 11, 2017
    thank you for that info, have just found the MOBILE DATA in the data usage setting and is greyed out saying modile data is turned off, but this morning phone said 15updates pending and 2 updated, these show in a grey tool bar on my lock screen, but when i click on them i am trying to see what app etc they are, if i could see the 2 that were updated then i could then go to that app etc and turn off, then over time they should all be turned off, will hve to take a screen shot an upload next time it shows the messages about updates, its prob just me, new to modern iphone & touch screen .....

6. xyz666

xyz666 Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Male
    La Paz, Bolivia
    Do not worry, if you turn off mobile data and change "Google Playstore" settings, as I said in my first post, your Internet package will be safe. Those 2 apps were probably updated via WiFi (yours or another WiFi without password in the area).
    You can always check your credit / internet package to be sure.

If you open "Google Playstore", go to the Menu and select the "My Apps and Games" option. There you can see which applications was updated.

There is a time of adaptation when using any new technology, so there is no shame in asking any question. ;)

Jfalls63 likes this.