• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy Light Root (MetroPCS) 4.4 KitKat

Hi Everyone, This is all from ShabbyPengiun method, I just decided to make it a lil more easier to understand and be a lil more convenient to grab the files.

Note : A PC Is Required, And a USB Cable, And Your Galaxy Light.... ;)

~Link For Files To Root~

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vs5i6modw6hrdf4/AABpsDyEaj90nrXS3sO7RZcPa?dl=0

~Guide To Root~

(1)Install Samsung USB Drivers,To PC

(1.1)Copy SuperSu Update v2.45. zip to Android Root (Or whatever folder you like)

2)Extract Odin into Folder, Open ODIN
3)Uncheck Auto Reboot
4)Under Files (Download), Click PDA, Select TWRP 2.7. TRP FILE
5)REBOOT Android into ODIN. HOLD
(VOL DWN+HOME+POWER)
6)Plug-in USB TO PC (A blue or yellow (COM) Should be visible now.
7)Click START in ODIN on PC
8)Android should Reboot into TWRP Recovery Mode (If not remove battery and usb, HOLD-VOL UP+HOME+POWER.
9)Select INSTALL on Menu, And Select The SuperSU v.45.zip file.
10)Restart Android. Enjoy ROOT

Let Me Know If Any Problems occur. or If missed a step.

Tried this and had some initials issues. First of all you have to take out your battery and put it back in prior to booting into odin. I couldn't boot into odin until after I did this. Second you need to uncheck auto reboot in odin or else the recovery won't flash through successfully. I was able to root successfully though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tried this and had some initials issues. First of all you have to take out your battery and put it back in prior to booting into odin. I couldn't boot into odin until after I did this. Second you need to uncheck auto reboot in odin or else the recovery won't flash through successfully. I was able to root successfully though.
your issues must be with your pc. I followed these same steps from shabbypenguin and everything worked fine. only for me I had to switch from super su to superuser app to get script manager to run scripts don't know why but error message read device improperly rooted even though root checker showed true and many root apps ran fine.

Upvote 0
Hi, I seem to be having a problem installing superSU. I have TWRP 2.7.0.0 installed and after re-inserting the battery and booting into recovery, flashing the SU zip always shows "failed".

Yet when I restart the phone, a cleanup app I have called SD Maid, says I am indeed rooted.

But again, their is no supersu app in my app draw, I get no SU permission dialog boxes, and my root explorer keeps telling me it will not work on this phone. (ES File Explorer)

I need help please.

Upvote 0
Hi, I seem to be having a problem installing superSU. I have TWRP 2.7.0.0 installed and after re-inserting the battery and booting into recovery, flashing the SU zip always shows "failed".

Yet when I restart the phone, a cleanup app I have called SD Maid, says I am indeed rooted.

But again, their is no supersu app in my app draw, I get no SU permission dialog boxes, and my root explorer keeps telling me it will not work on this phone. (ES File Explorer)

I need help please.

What are you doing specifically?

Upvote 0
What are you doing specifically?

I don't know how more specific I can be, other than to repeat what I said.

I can't seem to install the superSU zip. TWRP keeps saying the su zip "failed" to install. And even though some apps on my phone say I have root access, I don't. It's like it's not installing fully thus the "failed" message in TWRP.

Been years since I last did this, and now it's with totally different programs, but I read the threads here, have the correct files and followed the proper procedures.

Are there any more steps, after flashing the superSU zip that I'm missing? Cause even though TWRP says the install failed, I gather it was partially installed otherwise, my apps wouldn't say I'm rooted.

Upvote 0
I don't know how more specific I can be, other than to repeat what I said.

I can't seem to install the superSU zip. TWRP keeps saying the su zip "failed" to install. And even though some apps on my phone say I have root access, I don't. It's like it's not installing fully thus the "failed" message in TWRP.

Been years since I last did this, and now it's with totally different programs, but I read the threads here, have the correct files and followed the proper procedures.

Are there any more steps, after flashing the superSU zip that I'm missing? Cause even though TWRP says the install failed, I gather it was partially installed otherwise, my apps wouldn't say I'm rooted.
I mean if you're really just installing from twrp nothing should be going wrong. Especially if you don't get any kind of error message aside from failed.

Upvote 0
I mean if you're really just installing from twrp nothing should be going wrong. Especially if you don't get any kind of error message aside from failed.

Well it is going wrong. Unless you and everyone else also received the "failed" message in red type after flashing in twrp. But I gather you all got the message "successful" in green type.

There must be more steps involved in installing the superSU app that are not explained in these pages here.

I have tried numerous twrp versions, numerous superSU versions. You don't uninstall these things you just flash over them, correct? You can't uninstall twrp or superSU and start fresh, right?

Update:.... Finally got root access, thanks to DeadHack's procedure in another thread. Still said "failed" in twrp, but after booting into the OS, a dialogue box popped up and prompted me complete the superSU install. Hallelujah!

I don't know why my install was so different than everyone else,.... but it's usually the case with me and cellphones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I need help please.
i had this same problem with mine. i switched from supersu to superuser. worked fine. try it. down load from play store and update binary

Reactions: ohbaby
Upvote 0
I was just about to try that. Downloaded a version of superuser, (was looking for the most stable) when I decided to give the superSU one more shot, with a different procedure suggested in another thread. And sure enough it worked, not exactly as it should have, but it worked. Still got the failed message in twrp, but when I went to reboot a popup appeared and prompted me to finish the install. Guess it was doing like you said, updating/downloading the binaries. Anyway, the superSU app is now in my app draw and my root explorer has full access to the system.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones