Galaxy Lite == Galaxy Spica i5700?Support

1. shaq

shaq New Member

Is the "Galaxy Lite" the same as "Galaxy Spica i5700"? If so, maybe this section should be renamed to reflect both names. My phone is called Galaxy Spica i5700 in Sweden, at least... Moderators?

Advertisement
    :
  2. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

It's the same phone, it's called different things in different markets. And I don't think it's the name that's the reason this forum has so few posts, it's just that there aren't that many Spica owners out there because it wasn't released in America
  3. Gatak

Gatak Well-Known Member

The Spica was just released here in in Sweden in December. Maybe not so many have this phone yet.....

I just got it for christmas and it is great :) Can't see it is a "lite" version of a phone at all, as it is slim and fast!
  4. EamoMcK

EamoMcK Member

i have the spica too and i live in Ireland, one thing i have found is that its battery life is terrible, im hoping that its just a software problem and wondering when there will be an update released to fix it
  5. Gatak

Gatak Well-Known Member

It is the screen that use most power, especially bright themes. So if you tinker about all the time, then battery will go quickly. This is true on HTC phones too...

Install Avanced Task Manager Free, and kill all those unnessesary apps that suck power in the background.

Turn GPS and Wifi off if you are not using.

Force to use 2G net if you are not using 3G to browse the net. Saves power too.
  6. 28064212

Really? I find it to be quite good, for a smartphone, would easily get 4 days or more (just using it as a phone). How long do you get out of it? Have you turned off bluetooth, GPS and Wifi when you're not using it?

EDIT: Or what Gatak said
  7. EamoMcK

EamoMcK Member

with bluetooth and gps off but wifi on i get about 3 or 4 hours
  8. 28064212

Definitely something wrong there. Is the screen on the whole time? Are you using it constantly for those 3 hours?
  9. EamoMcK

EamoMcK Member

not the whole time but most of it and i make sure that the screen is sleeping when im not using
  10. Gatak

Gatak Well-Known Member

11. EamoMcK

EamoMcK Member

Hate to have to tell you this but the spica unfortunately doesn't have an OLED screen which is a pity as the OLED screen uses less power than the normal screen. :(
  12. Gatak

Gatak Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right. It has a normal TFT.... Which explains even more the power drain when screen is on.
  13. PCLEJ

PCLEJ Member

How much is the Galaxy spica in Ireland on prepare anybody know??
  14. 28064212

I assume you mean prepay? It's
  15. PCLEJ

PCLEJ Member

16. EamoMcK

EamoMcK Member

dont get it, i have to charge it every 3-6 hours if i want to make full use of the phone, i find myself turning my phone off for lots of the time so that i can conserve battery life when i am out and about
  17. Gatak

Gatak Well-Known Member

I used the phone with Spotify the whole day yesterday, including a couple of calls (5-10 min calls) and I had about 60% battery left when I came home... I also had forgotten wifi on, but that is set to not autosearch ...

I find that using the phone with the screen on at high brightness really sucks power, but this seems true on most phones... doesn't it?
  18. EamoMcK

EamoMcK Member

i generally dont use a screen of high brightness, if im out all day with no 3g, wifi or bluetooth on and no apps running i get max 6 hours, that halfs when im at home using wifi, ebuddy and sometimes th facebook app
  19. Gatak

Gatak Well-Known Member

This seems wrong to me. I would complain to where you bought it. Doesn't the manual/specs say roughly how long the battery should last?
  20. packiewackie

packiewackie Member

i own a spica too. i usually leave home at around 7 am for school and my batteries about dead after 12 hours. and that includes calling, texting, a few snapshots and some bursts of 5-10 minute gaming.
  21. monnigblower

monnigblower Member

For me using the app/widget APNdroid enables me go back to 2G and my battery lasts a good few days. I can still make and receive calls fine. Also being on 2G saves me data charges. I just have to remember to switch back to 3G if I want to text a photo to someone else which I do very rarely.
    -M