• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Mega 2 randomly unresponsive

KristiH

Lurker
Sep 24, 2015
I've had the Mega 2 for roughly a month now and it randomly becomes unresponsive...screen and buttons... until I take the battery out and pop it back in. It has been happening a couple times a week since I got it before and after updating to Android 5.1.1. The memory isn't full and it's not over heating or anything because it's always when I'm in an air conditioned building and I'm just picking it up to use after being inactive for a while. The weird thing is the notification light still blinks even though everything else is dead. I can't even hold in the power button to power it off.

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't found anything in my google searches...just that the touch screen becomes unresponsive for some. Other than this and the awful camera, I really do like the phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones