• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy network setting to Tmobile question

This works for me with my cheapo t-Zones account, there may be better settings for the regular data plan. This does get 3G though (heh).

Go to settings...wireless controls...mobile networks...access points. Create a new AP:
Name: tmo (or whatever)
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
Username, Password, Server, MMSC: (not set)
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type: internet+mms
Authentication Type: None

Upvote 0
it doesn't work for my $10 data plan, it shows it is needed to update the new $30 plan......

This works for me with my cheapo t-Zones account, there may be better settings for the regular data plan. This does get 3G though (heh).

Go to settings...wireless controls...mobile networks...access points. Create a new AP:
Name: tmo (or whatever)
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
Username, Password, Server, MMSC: (not set)
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS port: 8080
MNC: 260
APN type: internet+mms
Authentication Type: None

Upvote 0
Then I guess you just don't have prepaid internet access in your current plan... What do you mean you can see 3G network? 3G is not internet, it is indeed network, over which you can access the Internet, or can not if you're not paying for that.

If you could provide a link to your plan details on T-Mobile's web-site it would be easier do advice you.

Upvote 0
can't find the plan link anymore:

my plan is $10 data plan for unlimited website
this plan works ok on my Samsung highlight.

It looks like T mobile want to charge $30 for android phone. They can detect what phone you are using and charge you different prices.

Then I guess you just don't have prepaid internet access in your current plan... What do you mean you can see 3G network? 3G is not internet, it is indeed network, over which you can access the Internet, or can not if you're not paying for that.

If you could provide a link to your plan details on T-Mobile's web-site it would be easier do advice you.

Upvote 0
Oh, I see... Sorry for misunderstanding.

Is this Samsung Highlight a smartphone as well? Can you browse normal web on it, or can it only access wap sites? Maybe your plan is for wap only?

Otherwise T-Mobile is unreasonable. Have a look at you contract details.

That's absurd. It's as if you were charged more for you home broadband if you had a router worth $150, not $50.

Upvote 0
hey samsunggalaxy do you even have the 3g icon on top of your phone? i had to config my setting to get it. This is what the tmobile rep. gave me and it worked im in vegas and bought my phone from e-bay too. here the setting.
Name: T-Mobile
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS Port: Not set
MNC:260
APN type: internet + MMS
Authentification Type: None
remove battery for 30sec and turn back on
That setting should be good for anyone haveing picture meassaging problems as well.
Hope it'll work for you im on a different t-mobile plan but the Tmobile rep. siad this is the standard android configuration.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones