Galaxy Nexus 4.2 update problemSupport

1. Giga Ginger

Giga Ginger New Member

I have a galaxy nexus and recently updated to 4.2, but am now having an issue with my phone unlocking itself. Did not have that problem before. Has anyone else had this issue since the update?? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Can you please expound upon what's happening. How is it unlocking exactly? You mean you take it out of a pocket and the screen is on without your having swiped the phone in any way? Or are you talking about something different entirely?
  3. pbekesi

pbekesi New Member

I also noticed that on my GNexus since the update. The screen wakes occasionally without touching it. It doesn't unlock, only the lock screen appears.
    I experienced this while the phone being plugged to charger, but also happened while the phone being unplugged and sitting on my desk.

Previously it happened only when I pressed the power button, or when plugged/unplugged the phone to power.

When this happens while the phone is in my pocket, it can easily unlock itself and make phone calls, for example. To avoid this you can enable face unlock, or PIN/pattern lock, but you can still make photos of your pocket accidentally. :)

After the upgrade from 4.1.2 I have only cleared cache partition in recovery, no full wipe happened. Phone is not rooted and I would like to save myself from the wipe if it is possible, but if someone says that is the only way to avoid this, I'll do it.