1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Galaxy Nexus completely destroyed...

1. pirinolsky

pirinolsky Well-Known Member

I totaled my GNex yesterday at work. I was sitting on a beam of a structure we are fabricating and it must have fell out of my pocket, I keep it in a little side pocket of my carhartts and I didn't notice it, It has a black case and I didn't see it on the beam, long story short, I lowered another beam on top of it with a crane and totally crushed it!

My question is, will Asurion be able to tell that I had my phone rooted? I know I set about 2000 lbs on top of it, so this may be a moot question, just want to be certain I will not have any problems with my claim.

Advertisement
  2. thegreen

thegreen Well-Known Member

Holy flat Nexus! Bummer...

I doubt that Asurion will care. The carriers get excited about that stuff with warranty exchanges and such, but for an insurance claims they should just replace it.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Whose your carrier?

Sprint doesn't care about rooting. I don't even bother uprooting when I bring it to them. It's their corporate policy

Asurion won't know it's rooted. There won't be anything left to tell
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I doubt they will be able to get it working again to check it :p
  5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Tell if its rooted? They probably will question if its a phone!

But seriously, from what I've read, Asurion doesn't care about rooted phones. You simply make a claim, pay the deductible and they send you a new one. Insurance isn't nearly a picky when it comes to modifications as warranties are.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Pics or it didn't happen! :p
    Seriously, sorry about your phone. AKAIK, Asurion doesn't care about whether or not the phone is rooted unlike a warranty repair from Samsung (or any other manufacturer).
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

+1 on the pics. :)
  8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Agreed :D
  9. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

yeah man show us some pics i'd just like to see it.
  10. AntimonyER

Wow, yall are so Morbid! ;)
  11. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

Like you've never slowed down to look at an accident. :)
  12. AntimonyER

Never! ;)
    Rxpert83 likes this.