1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

General Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery

1. moosanator

moosanator Member

1) My battery life is garbage. I took my phone in to Bestbuy to get a new battery and they said to contact samsung and get a new one, but I can't figure out how to do this. Has anyone done this/or should I just buy another battery and swap throughout the day?

2) If I just buy a battery can I get a bigger one and buy a new battery cover or can I only buy the same battery, any recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Well-Known Member Moderator

I bought a big battery on amazon, the hyperion 3800 mAh battery with nfc and is wonderful. It came with a replacement battery cover and it has doubled my battery life. Also only cost me like 20 dollars.
  3. Dmeeks90

Dmeeks90 Well-Known Member

I like the samsung factory extended battery it is still slim and way better than stock, plus otter box still fits
  4. KaztheMinotaur

KaztheMinotaur Active Member

Defender or Commuter?
  5. vaccdroid

vaccdroid Well-Known Member

Same here. Got this battery with the back door. Barley adds size and the battery last me 2-3 days now. Love it.
  6. Dmeeks90

Dmeeks90 Well-Known Member

commuter i havent tried defender yet
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Any chance the one linked that says it works for VZW works for the sprint one as well?
  8. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Well-Known Member Moderator

They should, only the gsm is slightly different in size.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  9. darkodroid

darkodroid Member

I have also purchased this battery and not one complaint about it I highly recommend purchasing this.... Hyperion 3800 with nfc capabilities
  10. foo

foo Well-Known Member

+1 for the hyperion 3800 w/ nfc. grabbed it for 18$ on amazon (was on sale). can't beat that.

it's superb. may want to get a case with it as well, since the back cover is a POS that comes with it.

you get used to the size of it after a week or two & it no longer is an issue