Galaxy Nexus FG01 (Radio Only) (Radio Thread)

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    AARONONE, 9to5cynic and mrxkills like this.
  2. mrxkills

mrxkills Member

Thanks!
  3. frenchy714

Np.
  4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

I'll wait and see others results before flashing.
  5. frenchy714

This is an official leak btw. Sextape (lol) works for Sprint from my understanding.

I flashed earlier and my 3g signal is a little bit better, nothing amazing but I live in BFE also....YMMV of course.
  6. An UrgeTo Dance

I will probably try them out, I'm about to flash the new Jellybro, it looks promising.
  7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

:D Personally, I love these types of 'leaks' ;)

frenchy-
    What does BFE mean? I've seen a few posts of your mention it - location?
  8. frenchy714

BFE = Bum F*ck Egypt = sh*t reception

I'm out in the sticks!!! HUGE difference from So Cal!
  9. An UrgeTo Dance

I was wondering the same thing about BFE.
    frenchy714 and slyd like this.
  10. frenchy714

From what I understand, it's the truth! All the CM goodies will be making it there, native color control is functional now, extended power menu, lockscreen weather and calendar reminders, notifications and volume is much louder. Only drawback in my opinion is that the only kernel that works on it right now outside of stock is Trinity....and I'm stuck on lean kernel atm. I may flash it later this week or wait for it to support the lean kernel, then flash.
  11. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Guess I'm the only one who knew what it meant.
    frenchy714 likes this.
  12. frenchy714

I thought everyone knew that term!
  13. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Me too.

Anyone flashed that lives in a civilized area? Any positive results? 3g in my area recently improved significantly and I don't want to mess up a good thing.
  14. frenchy714

What radio's are you on right now? FD02? You can always make a nandroid, flash FG01, do some speed tests, and see if there's an improvement on your end. If you determine you were getting better signal on your old radio's, you can restore your backup. Not to mention we have all the radio's that have been released (via flashable zip's) available to us at XDA.
    AARONONE likes this.
  15. AARONONE

Yes and yes.

You are correct. Maybe I'll give it a shot this week and nand back if I dont get good results.
  16. frenchy714

So far on my end I've experienced a smidgen of improvement on my 3g speeds....Again, I'm out in the boonies, so I can't expect too much.

I've read of others in more populated areas and big cities reporting better signal and faster dl speeds. Like always YMMV.
    9to5cynic and AARONONE like this.
  17. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Ahh good to know frenchy, also in the sticks.

Also, I was unaware that nands saved radios - did they with the evo?
    AARONONE likes this.
  18. frenchy714

I believe they do. To my understanding a nandroid backs your phone up to its exact state when created. So I'm assuming that fact holds true even when flashing radio's.....I should restore a nandroid to test this theory but kind of tied up atm.

In any case that's why I referenced all the radio versions being available to us at XDA.
    9to5cynic and AARONONE like this.
  19. AARONONE

So I'm getting ready to flash the new radio and wanted to know if the process is wipe cache/dalvik then flash. Also, I have been trying to download the flash-able zip, but I keep ending up with an exe file?
  20. frenchy714

That's odd.....Here use the ones from my db:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1776755

If you want to wipe the caches, that's fine....I didn't wipe anything.
    An UrgeTo Dance and AARONONE like this.
  21. AARONONE

22. An UrgeTo Dance

and if you're like me you wipe them 2-4 times lol. Having to use clockwork made me nervous about wipes so I made sure it was wiped.
  23. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Isn't twrp available?
  24. frenchy714

Yep.
  25. AARONONE

I think urge was referring to the og days with clockwork not wiping thoroughly.

Also, flashed the new radio's (thanks french for the file) and have noticeable improvements in reception and download speeds in notoriously bad zones (ie: at work). I have not done any speed tests yet, but I do notice the improvement. Recommend flashing if you haven't already.
    frenchy714 likes this.