• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy Nexus & Nexus s,one click root toolkit ! Unlock bootloader+CWM+Su(or)SuperSu

msabra

Lurker
Apr 8, 2012
This tool will root you nexus s/Galaxy Nexus install su or super su and ClockWorkMod recovery!!
For Nexus S:4G,I9020T,I9023,I9020A.
Galaxy Nexus:GSM/Verizon/Sprint

Disclaimer!
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices
YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Current Version (Nexus S + Galaxy Nexus) 3.0: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Old versions (Nexus S ONLY):
1.0: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
2.0: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

just unzip the content and run the tool ! drivers are included in case you need them.

CHANGELOG
V3.0
-added support to galaxy nexus and all it's variants.
-added support to install super su.
-moved from *.bat to *.exe
-new icon
-su/super su, will now automatically flash no need to touch "install zip"
-skip bootloader unlock if you are already unlocked.
-update drivers

V2.0
-Removed "sticky.bat"
-modified su flashing script.
-the recovery now will stick automatically no need to flash any file after rooting or running any script.

V1.0
-initial release

ALL DATA WILL BE WIPED FROM DEVICE(only if bootloader is locked)
credits
-Chainfire for super su
-ChainsDD for superuser
-Pdanet for drivers
-Clockworkmod team for recovery
-my friend for the icon

Originally posted by me here [OCR]NS & NS4G any version one click root tool with touch cwm recovery (updated v2.0) - xda-developers

Used this with my Nexus S 4G. I had previously rooted it. Yesterday the OTA 4.0.4 update came and I applied it without any issues, except that I lost root (kept my Bootloader unlocked, though). Been looking for a specific mention of rooting procedures after the OTA update somewhere, but couldn't find it. Decided to give this a whirl, since it was the most recent post I could find and I am happy to report that it worked great! So when this script got to the unlock bootloader prompt, I just rebooted the bootloader (since it was already unlocked) and continued. Probably could have just hit continue without the reboot, but whatever.

Worked like a charm! Thanks! I feel complete, rooted and tethered, again.

Upvote 0
I am guessing that the data wipe is something that happens when you unlock the bootloader (mine was already unlocked), since my data and apps survived the rooting.

So, BONUS!!

Hey there...I had another post (here) asking whether I should root BEFORE or AFTER the ICS OTA update from Sprint. I juuuuust got a Nexus S (today...still in the box) and was trying to figure out what to do until I saw your post above....

I have a couple questions:

(1) If my Nexus has Gingerbread installed out of the box and I accept the OTA ICS update, can I unlock the bootloader and root the phone AFTER the OTA update??

(2) I was aware of what mentioned about unlocking the bootloader causing a data loss. EVEN IF I can root the device after the OTA update DO YOU SUGGEST I unlock the bootloader BEFORE accepting the OTA update?? That way, if I root at a later time after the OTA and my bootloader was previously unlocked, I would NOT lose my data, right??

THANKS!!

Upvote 0
1) Yes you can lock and unlock the bootloader when you want.
2) I would unlock ASAP so that when you decide to root the phone you do not have to worry about losing data. Unlocking the bootloader does not change how the phone behaves in any way. It just allows you to flash files via fastboot.

Ok, understanding better now. Like I said, I apologize, I just didn't require this understanding and steps with my EVO...THANKS!!

Upvote 0
Ok, understanding better now. Like I said, I apologize, I just didn't require this understanding and steps with my EVO...THANKS!!

NP, Once you get used to it the phone is nice. It seems like a lot more work with all the one clicks and stuff out there but once you get into the Nexus arena a little more you start to realize this is how it should be on all phones. Since so much is hidden behind the 1 click stuff. No exploits just pure ease of use. It's the same across the Galaxy Nexus too. Get the phone unlock the bootloader, flash the recovery then flash SU and away you go.

Reactions: scudder
Upvote 0
my bootloader is still unlocked, or at least I still have the unlocked lock when booting up, but I lost root when I accepted the 4.1.1 ota. anyway to do a simple root without a pc/laptop bkuz I won't be around one for a few days...

Edit: I found a great way. I
successfully rooted this with ease by using this one-click http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1544940 just install the drivers then run the root.exe as admin & follow the instructions. it's simple

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones