1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Nexus NFCSupport

1. chris7426

chris7426 New Member

I have a Galaxy Nexus(which I love) and my wife recently picked up a Galaxy S3. I am having an issue when we try to use the NFC feature. I can send things to her but I error out immediately when she tries to send to me.

It opens up the play store and says item not found.

I haven't been able to find any info online about it and was wondering if anyone else has ran into the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

yeah i have. is her S3 still on ICS (android 4.0.X)?
    i had the same issue with my buddys S3.
    then he got the 4.1 update and all seems OK in the world.

i believe it was a problem with ICS to JB sending....since ICS was so limited (believe it was just web links and app links) and JB supports more file sharing.

before we couldn't send pics or videos, it would just take one of us to the play store....now it works great.
  3. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

The Galaxy SIII has added software, called S-Beam, to aid in transferring large files across NFC. Basically, with S-Beam the connection/transfer is started with NFC but then it switches to WiFi for the actual transfer. The Nexus, since it does not have the added Samsung software, does not have S-Beam. I'm guessing that your phone opens up the Play Store in an attempt to find the S-Beam app -- which naturally isn't there since it is a proprietary Samsung app.

Try turning S-Beam off on your wife's phone and see if that will fix the problem.
    tube517 likes this.
  4. chris7426

chris7426 New Member

I initially thought the same thing as I noticed it with one of my friends phone(he has the gs3) before I got the Jellybean update but it is still an issue.

Thanks for the info, I will try turning off the S-beam on her phone.

That all for replying.