• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

lol really how so?

I haven't played with any usb otg yet another thing to look forward to with the GN!

Yeah you plug a Canon DSLR (Nikon might work) and the phone automatically reads it as a external camera and opens the gallery to view all the photos on board and import them as well..

And chainfire guys have another HUGE bonus for Canon only. Try out 'remote shutter' to use the Nexus to control the shutter release and the bigger app from chainfire allows full control of the camera, with all the settings available.

Works great on my 450D (XSI)

Edit - does anyone else have an issue of not being able to use the Paste function in the app?

Upvote 0
Double post, but text is extremely readable from a picture taken with the GNEX. Just took this of my snapple fact from lunch.

JAuSn.jpg

Upvote 0
It feels like old times...I get busy with life...neglect the thread...come back and I have hundreds of posts to read!

So I get to exchange my phone tomorrow with my rep...crazy blue/grey tracking in the whites.

So I haven't had any of the fun you all are having...if you didn't know...I am a crackflasher going through serious withdrawal!

From the LG Ally to both DIncs 1 and 2, to a quick affair with the Droid X2 and now the Nexus Prime (lol), I have flashed over 50 ROMs. And that is just the number of ROMs! Hundreds if not thousands of flashes of kernels, mods, boot sounds and boot animations, etc, etc.

I have rooted the OG Droid, Droid Bionic, HTC ThunderBolt, Huewai[sic] Ascend, LG Vortex, and some other devices I can't seem to remember.

I have to wipe my computer fresh with Windows and Ubuntu dual boot as well!

Thank you for letting me share...

My name is Jonathan. I am 29 and I am a Nexaholic and Crackflasher.

jmar

Upvote 0
I love your link posts!! I save them for when I get bored at work and need fun stuff.
I love em too! Keeps my occupied while on vacation :D
Thanks guys, glad to know my work is appreciated. :p After the holidays it's pretty much dead around here, so I'll have lots more time to fool around with all of you! Hahaha.

Upvote 0
So I asked this in another thread but thought I would try the Nexus watering hole. Does the Nexus have part of its internal memory dedicated as the SD card? In other words, when moving things like saved games and pictures from the SD card on my old phone, where do I put them on the Nexus? Does that make sense?

Yes a Virtual sd card. It has 2 drives per se. Put anything you wish on the virtual sd card which is what shows up when you connect the GN to your PC

Upvote 0
guys, what's a good free app for reading forums?

or is Tapatalk the best for Android OS?

Thanks!

and for the noob question of the day, being new to droid I have never bought an App before, does it just get charged to my VZW account?

I use each forum's dedicated app. It's more work but I like keeping accounts separate.

Yes you are new to Android and that is okay. When you buy an app, you pay for it with a credit card. We don't have carrier billing with Verizon right now, to the best of my knowledge.

jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones