• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Text and calls seem to be ok. I've been very happy with the call quality even if the speaker could be a little stronger.

Data doesn't come through from what I can tell. But I'm always on wifi at home because we are in a very dead spot. We are in the middle of a dip in a winding Road next to a lake so all service is weak in the house except on the 3rd floor. I get a bar of 4g up there but haven't checked the real stats yet.

mostly I'm just confused why it dropped by -10 from one day to the next in the exact same spot.

VZ did have all those issues today (or this morn) maybe they are still working on it. Idk much about this, but don't they have signal boosters/repeaters that you can install in your home? I'm sure they cost a lot!

Upvote 0
Well, so far I have to say that I'm quite happy with the extended battery. I installed it yesterday, charged it up, cleared battery stats, and then let it run down all night. I could practically see the battery gauge recalibrating. After it got below 10%, it actually started climbing again; I guess the phone was figuring our that there was more juice left than it thought. It was actually a bit of a challenge to get it discharged all the way in time to recharge for an evening out tonight.

Today it dropped 15% in about five hours. Extrapolating, that would be 30 hours for the whole charge. I can live with that.

Upvote 0
Your probably OK as a wipe data/factory reset does that. Well it's supposed to anyways. I like to wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition, then format system under mounts and storage, then wipe dalvik cache...all before a new ROM flash. That's just me though I like to be thorough :cool:

This way, if issues arise, I know most likely it is not something I did prior to the flash, and more likely something with the ROM/kernel/CWM version/etc...

thanks jbdan. i did that and reinstalled the rom. i noticed that the original gmail app worked perfectly but when i had used my titanium backup to restore all my apps, the gmail app stopped syncing properly. i just didn't restore the gmail app and now everything is working, as far as i can tell.

Upvote 0
So I installed my extended battery...turned it off after the swap again and now it's in Odin? Did I see something about that happening earlier today? I'm not unlocked or rooted.

Yup. Did you power on with your thumb on the power button and your middle or ring finger wrapped around the phone?

Pull the battery and then put it in. You'll be ok.

Upvote 0
thanks jbdan. i did that and reinstalled the rom. i noticed that the original gmail app worked perfectly but when i had used my titanium backup to restore all my apps, the gmail app stopped syncing properly. i just didn't restore the gmail app and now everything is working, as far as i can tell.

yehah!

The dreaded Titanium. I love it couldn't live with out it (well yeah I could actually), but man that app has caused more heartache during restores.

Be careful and only restore the app... never data.

Also, I do not backup google apps as I can get those on market or by flashing certain gapps packages. So maps, gmail, streetview, voice, googs+, etc... all google apps I never backup.

Reactions: brightside
Upvote 0
yehah!

The dreaded Titanium. I love it couldn't live with out it (well yeah I could actually), but man that app has caused more heartache during restores.

Be careful and only restore the app... never data.

Also, I do not backup google apps as I can get those on market or by flashing certain gapps packages. So maps, gmail, streetview, voice, googs+, etc... all google apps I never backup.

hahaha, yeah when i think about it, it makes total sense not to back up the google apps. well you have to learn sometime, right?

thanks for all of your help! :D

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
omg that is my favorite!

Don't really like the other flavored ones.

Gummy feels very fast with the new kernel!

I miss Romans build 9 with his customizations are you still running that bright?

Nice! I'm not running anything. I still stock! :D

But I am now going to bed. Enjoy your gummy.

Good night all!

Upvote 0
Just wanted to share some battery stat info...
I have the GSM Nexus with stock android and battery. I the only battery related app I use is Battery Gauge Widget (so I have battery % displayed in notification bar).

Battery died just after 14hrs 45mins
Screen on time just over 4hrs 15mins
Android OS had a wake time over 8hrs (don't remember the CPU time)

Even though I got less than 15hrs on a charge I feel like the 4+hrs I had the screen on is pretty impressive. I'm still in the "honeymoon phase" and think I'll have no problem making it thru a day once my usage calms down a little...

Upvote 0
omg that is my favorite!

Don't really like the other flavored ones.

Gummy feels very fast with the new kernel!

I miss Romans build 9 with his customizations are you still running that bright?

yeah i am. it's the only one i've tried so far but i really like it. i thought i'd give it a couple days and then try another one, either birdman's or gummy. but you are right, the customizations in roman's build are really nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones