Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-18 22:41:31
  1. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

and the fact that at least 50% of you posts had 5 posts in them :)

Hi guys/gals!
  3. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

Edit: posted in the wrong forum... glad to be here just the same.
  4. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

ok overnighting matte "smoke" right now...I was actually too afraid to buy it ahead of time. I really wasn't sure this thing was coming at all until this morning! Plus I didn't want to jinx it ;)

thanks for the advice!
    Mr. Link likes this.
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Hey, hey, don't get a big head! I took several sabbaticals, remember? :p

Seriously, I hadn't looked at the thread count for like a week until today and I was SHOCKED that you were so close!!! :eek:
  6. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

CRAP!!! Been so busy at work ( WHAT!?!?!? Work??!?!) that

1) haven't been able to keep up with the Pre-release thread this am
    2) Now its closed... ..understand, but still bummed

and most importantly...
    3) I haven't been able to play with Nexie!!!

So who's already rooted? I'm new to that and a little nervous... I was thinking about just unlocking the bootloader for now so I can go ahead and start adding stuff to my phone.

And yeah.. I need help with that. I have a PC here at work and a MAc at home. Which is easier...
  7. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

My 'more info' email just came in from Google. *smh*

Thanks Google - I already have it.
    DizzyMP and IndecisiveElle like this.
  8. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

Get out! We promised Leia! :p
  9. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

Hey y'all! Can I play? :D

Just got my GNex a couple hours ago. I've never loved a phone so much! :cool:
  10. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

I never realized I had so many posts in the GNex thread :eek:

When I first posted at the beginning of October, I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in again. :rolleyes:

I have one stat that only steven can beat me in though....top 10 poster in the 2 most epic threads of AF history. What a run :)
  11. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

I'm glad people appreciate it. :) I like sharing knowledge!

Here's a few more:

5 Things to Do When You Get Your Galaxy Nexus [Setup and Security] | GottaBeMobile

Meet Alfred, Andy the Android's Helpful Brother | Pocketnow

Nova Launcher for Ice Cream Sandwich | Pocketnow

Not phone-related, but probably of interest to many:
    Timeline is Now Available for All Facebook Users | Lifehacker

A story with my picture from the Nexus thread!! (Though I didn't give permission for it to be used...)
    People Are Lining Up For The Samsung Galaxy Nexus At Verizon Wireless | The Droid Guy
    Penguissimo, ASC, DaGeek215 and 7 others like this.
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

BB,

I see that Steven credited me for creating your watery hole. I sent him a PM correcting that!
    Just FYI.
  13. BabyBlues

I knew I shouldn't have done so many multi's! :D
    woodraskam likes this.
  14. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

All right guys, off to real life for a while.

I'll be back later.

Still not rooted, I'm a bit apprehensive about it. I thought it would be a 1-click root, but doesn't seem that way. I don't like the word ADB.

TTYL!
    IndecisiveElle likes this.
  15. BabyBlues

Thanks - I did too.
  16. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Here is a comment someone left in reply to me on a DL thread just now explaining how to unlock the bootloader on a Mac pretty clearly:
    Next up, rooting!
  17. Andhily

Andhily Well-Known Member

Anybody having trouble getting a 4G signal I had one when I was first driving home from the store and haven't had it since.. Only like 2 blocks away too so I don't think it's the distance
  18. akellar

akellar Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm hoping future updates address the signal strength for sure. I was easily getting LTE in my office with the rent-a-rezound and can't get it at all on this.
  19. carpmike21

carpmike21 Active Member

I'm glad they had enough to go around at downtown xing. I was worried for the people in the back when a bunch showed up around 7:45. I think the yellow spot up front in that pic is probably me. I ended up being 5th a little before 7:30. The first two guys in line got there at 6:20! (think they overshot a bit with that one).
  20. Andhily

Andhily Well-Known Member

I think I saw on here or on reddit that they were having some problems because so many people are activating this device lol
  21. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

BabyBlues.
    Queen of the multipost. ;)

Or should I say, multi-postmic.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  22. ssick92

ssick92 Well-Known Member

Currently in my corporte store, got a 1 hour wait until my new GNex. Lots of people here actually...
  23. Sports1131

Sports1131 Active Member

Google just auto-downloaded all of my apps (which is cool) and I went in to do a little bit of cleanup and see a built in app called VZWAPNService. Any idea what this is?
  24. Shades.549

Shades.549 Well-Known Member

One strange thing I noticed on my new GNex (nice saying that) is that every time I download an app from the market it places the icon for the app onto the home screen. This was before I upgraded ICS so maybe its fixed now or, maybe there is a setting for that somewhere.
    I hope that the watering hole sees some action, although I am sure it will be no where as busy as the epic thread.
  25. tomato88

tomato88 Well-Known Member

This is great! I've seen many, many great posters who I really want to keep in touch with. :)
    Mr. Link likes this.