• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Good job! I'd love to modify my soft buttons a bit (would especially like to add a search button), but not really sure how. I saw the link to the downloads, but not really how what to do (he assumes people just know what they're doing.) Do you know of a step by step guide somewhere to doing this?

If you go to this site:

[MOD] [Many Choices]1%W/wo SoftKey Mod W/WO colors [ZYGOT3v1.7 compatibl] - RootzWiki

You will see a list of files that pertain to the software you're on (4.0.2 or 4.0.3). Download the one you want, and put it on your phones virtual SD card. Then reboot into recovery, go to "advanced", and wipe Dalvik. Then go to "back", install zip from SD card, choose zip, and then choose the softkey mod zip file you downloaded. Then reboot.

Reactions: NCTurner
Upvote 0
Waiting at the airport for my flight to Arizona. Playing with some editing programs on the Nexus. How do these look on the computer?

ggdgc.jpg

Edited:
vS2bK.jpg

k4RBw.jpg

Upvote 0
If you go to this site:

[MOD] [Many Choices]1%W/wo SoftKey Mod W/WO colors [ZYGOT3v1.7 compatibl] - RootzWiki

You will see a list of files that pertain to the software you're on (4.0.2 or 4.0.3). Download the one you want, and put it on your phones virtual SD card. Then reboot into recovery, go to "advanced", and wipe Dalvik. Then go to "back", install zip from SD card, choose zip, and then choose the softkey mod zip file you downloaded. Then reboot.

Thanks Hans! I downloaded the 4024 red (not sure what the difference is in that, and 4023?), and then rebooted, pressing both volume keys and the power button. That loaded the android on his back, front open. I pressed both volume keys again and it opened in to "Android system recovery", but there is no "Advanced" setting. (?) Rather, I have

- reboot system now
- apply update from /cache
- wipe data/fact reset
- wipe cache partition

There is nothing about "Dalvik". Do I simply choose the last one? I do not have CWM installed...maybe you're assuming that I do? Do I need that first? Note that I am rooted/unlocked. Again, thanks for any/all help!

Upvote 0
Thanks Hans! I downloaded the 4024 red (not sure what the difference is in that, and 4023?), and then rebooted, pressing both volume keys and the power button. That loaded the android on his back, front open. I pressed both volume keys again and it opened in to "Android system recovery", but there is no "Advanced" setting. (?) Rather, I have

- reboot system now
- wipe data/fact reset
- wipe cache partition

There is nothing about "Dalvik". Do I simply choose the last one? I do not have CWM installed...maybe you're assuming that I do? Do I need that first? Note that I am rooted/unlocked. Again, thanks for any/all help!

Oh, I assumed you had CWM. Let me look into it when I get home. Out with the wife shopping. :(

I'm sure someone else will chime in during the duration, but you might want to just reboot and hold on.

Upvote 0
Oh, I assumed you had CWM. Let me look into it when I get home. Out with the wife shopping. :(

I'm sure someone else will chime in during the duration, but you might want to just reboot and hold on.

You're gonna need CWM to flash that file. If you're rooted you should have Clockwork anyway to flash unsigned packages anyway like these.

Upvote 0

- reboot system now
- wipe data/fact reset
- wipe cache partition

you should definitely install clockwork mod. it is an indispensable tool on any rooted device. the easiest way to get it is to download ROM manager from the market, then you can flash it straight from the app. to make it your permanent recovery, you will also need to get ES file explorer. with ES, navigate to the system folder, click "mount r/w" and rename the "reboot-from-recovery.p" file to "reboot-from-recovery.p.bak", then click "mount r/o". after you have done that, open ROM manager, click "flash clockworkmod recovery" and you're done!

*if you are not running the stock software, you may not have the "reboot-from-recovery" file at all. this is not a problem, you only need to rename it if it is there.

Reactions: NCTurner and jbdan
Upvote 0
So I was going to catch up on everything I missed since last night. But now with the smell of bacon wafting through the house, I'm too lazy.

just to brag, tonight's dinner menu:
lamb shanks
brussel sprouts with bacon and mushrooms
yellow and red potatoes smashed style

^^^^ best boyfriend ever^^^^

I'm going to retry all my Rezound business tonight, hopefully I can get it all figured out before Sunday!

Gnex is very happy. I took it off the charger last night before bed around 10p and it's only now at 20% battery! I'm loving the extended battery!

Oh and for BB - I got a 2.94 average this semester :) 2 C's a B+ and an A! Not bad for never going to class :D (and turning in things late, and flat out not turning things in!)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
1440 x 1280. The trick is to get the picture lined up in the center for when scrolling is disabled. It was because of the TronVader I was able to make a template for future wallpapers. The background on him was like a grid.
Glad you like it!

I'm assuming the 1440x1280 is for 5 home screens, or does it matter. I've changed mine to 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones