• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

WHOOT!

From a user at... uh... an Android Developer Forum:

Alright guys listen up, I spoke with someone very important at corporate, and she told me that we're going to be seeing some new units come in next week, my guess is by humpday. You see what happened was that they didn't anticipate so much demand so they didn't really have many devices. She said to expect more and that she's going to look into a little issue about software and getting all this Samsung support so we don't brick our phones. She confirmed warranty is only 30 days and that the site is wrong. She said she'll call me back on Monday or Tuesday or something like that and I completely insisted that they set up some sort of representative to be our liaison for the developer community. Fan...tastic love this s*** love this s*** just wait a few more days... it's going to be a great Christmas I mean Thanksgiving I mean whatever. This post was brought to you by my speech to text program on my defective Note 4.

So everyone waiting on these stupid backorders for the Note 4 Developer Edition should start seeing orders being filled this week... possibly TOMORROW! This time I expect Sammy to comp me overnight shipping, since they botched my first order...

:D:D:D

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0
You're really reliving the epic GNex prerelease all over again.

Well EM, it's only been 3 long years! I'm having "EPIC" withdrawals

:D

EDIT: Yayyyy I actually ordered a unicorn! It came available momentarily online: so I quickly placed my order and got the order confirmation for NEXT DAY SHIPPING! But guess what I don't have yet? A shipping confirmation! GRRRR

So here I am, waiting on a phone I bought but that may or may not arrive...

o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am loving the NexSix. This phones design is sexy as all hell. It feels great in the hand. Screen is beautiful, UHD video is nice. Android 5.0 is wow. It is so awesome being back on a Nexus and ON VERIZON!

do you have your N6 stock? have you ventured into or looked at encrypting it to make it super fast?

sorry for double post

Upvote 0
Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
You stumped the band with that one (there's yet another show biz idiom). I had to look it up. And see if the movie is available. EM continues to amaze.
This Island Earth is just a camp killer. I thought you won our last lightning round on that one.

How did I go wrong?

Your pal,
Exeter

Reactions: IHateMyTreo
Upvote 0
yeah I though I put that lol and it really does make a difference in read/write speed of the phone some users have seen upwards of a 200% increases in speeds after unencrypting

if you would like some light reading on the topic with pics take a stroll here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/development/disable-forced-encryption-gain-root-t2946715
If you'd like some heavy reading, note how Anandtech tested the prerelease version and how it goes 200x faster if you compiled to include the Qualcomm hardware functions for that.

Don't even start me on what a poodle in a Scotty jacket that AnTuTu has become. :D

Reactions: blkbeltkid17
Upvote 0
This Island Earth is just a camp killer. I thought you won our last lightning round on that one.

How did I go wrong?

Your pal,
Exeter

I see what you did there. The man on the screen. EM, you are a puzzle wrapped inside an enigma housed inside a cranium. Apparently I have a lot of catching up to do. :D

And to quote one of my favorites "Game over man, game over!"

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I see what you did there. The man on the screen. EM, you are a puzzle wrapped inside an enigma housed inside a cranium. Apparently I have a lot of catching up to do. :D
I'll bring the popcorn. Or king crab legs.

Either go insanely well with watching the documentary about the Metalunans.

:)

Reactions: IHateMyTreo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones