Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-25 00:57:39
  1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I use Firefox or Chrome at home. There is no wifi at work . Thanks for the tip.

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Hilarious!:D
  3. BabyBlues

Have you tried going to the store to get a new Nexus first? It sounds like some of the problems may be a lemon device rather than a either/or choice. My Dinc is definitely still a powerful phone but the Nexus is quicker in my experience.
    Mr. Link likes this.
  4. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

:D
    Hey, that's your 6000th post! o_O
    BabyBlues likes this.
  5. BabyBlues

I had to jump to Firefox last week. I was using Chrome and it wouldn't let me complete an order from a site I've used many times.
  6. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

I guess I will do AirDroid as well -- I love fitting in.

BTW played Monopoly (from Amazon free app yesterday) and it's really awesome. Totally shut out the computer player at work since nothing terribly exciting going on. Very enjoyable game -- honestly might even consider paying whatever the full price of it was.
    CinLou likes this.
  7. BabyBlues

Yay!!!!!! I'm on the app so I didn't realize I was that close
  8. BabyBlues

I have to look into this. I love Monopoly!
  9. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

ICS is all new. So that makes the Nexus more of a developers device.
    There will be some issues with the Nexus because of these facts.
    The Nexus will start to shine more in about a month or two when bugs are ironed out. ICS will not be available for other phones until ICS is stable enough on the Nexus.

So if you are looking for a device that runs smooth out of the box, than you need a phone that has Gingerbread.
    Mr. Link likes this.
  10. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Not in my experience. I've successfully transferred files on machines with no drivers, machines with verified good ADB and fastboot drivers, and machines with verified bad drivers.
  11. BabyBlues

Today's lunch - MacDonalds. Mmmmm. Chicken selects and fries. And coke.
    The inner fat chick is happy.
  12. Stigy

13. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

I have contacted my account reps to get that ball rolling. I really do love the Nexus and understand it's a developers phone. I dabble in developing...so I'm comfortable with bugs. It just seemed like it was lacking some power. I'll see if a new phone fixes things. :) Thanks everyone!
  14. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Gah, I always forget to check the free app of the day - and now I've missed a good one. :mad:
  15. BabyBlues

In the market it says its not compatible with Nyxie :(
  16. Stigy

BabyBlues and RazorSharp like this.
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

So, AirDroid is very cool - but slow. If you want to wirelessly transfer files a bit quicker (usually much quicker), especially larger ones, use SwiFTP to put an FTP server on your phone.

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.swiftp

Nothing fancy - just tends to work. Don't know if it's fully supported for the Nexus, but some might find it worth a shot.
    Mr. Link and BabyBlues like this.
  18. BabyBlues

19. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

does it assign a drive letter to it? that was my problem a few days ago. you can't run file recovery services on it if there's no drive letter. nothing like mass storage.

even though "MTP" was fine and i could move files, i couldn't get a drive letter, and couldn't recover deleted files. idiotic decision to not have an SD card and not have mass storage mode.
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I just did the number/browser test. I googled one of my favorite restaurants in the area (I don't have the number in my contacts, btw), and clicked on it. It was pretty seamless switching to the dialer with the number filled in, and didn't notice a lag at all.

I think you might have a lemony phone. My first one certainly was, so it's within the realm of possibility.

The problem is that if you exchange it for another Nexus, that's it. You're stuck with whatever you have (they limit to 1 exchange) unless you call customer service and convince someone.

Have you tried flashing a ROM? Revolution 2.1.2 is pretty snappy, and Kang's CM9 ROM is even faster.
    Mr. Link likes this.
  21. BabyBlues

I understand this!!! (Yeah, I'm still pretty happy about having finally watched Episode 4. )

The tag on the picture is 'Worst Toy Ever'
    [​IMG]
  22. Stigy

23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

24. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

one of the best monopoly programs ive played on anything (pc,PS2, ios etc...) the computer isn't completely stupid when it comes to trades. graphics are great and it plays wicked smooth. been playing between customers all day! top 10 apps from free app of the day so far
    BabyBlues likes this.
  25. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

So I downloaded this, and ran the exe. It put a samsung folder on my computer. So now what am I supposed to do. I don't see a folder for the nexus inside, although there are a lot of folders, and there isn't a readme file or anything.

What did you do next?