• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Wow. Finally caught mostly up in the old thread and read the endings. Touching. I find it fiitting that it concluded on page 1776 as we celebrate independence from UI overlays with our (mostly) unadulterated Nexus! Thanks, BB, for giving us this calm place to relax and have fun. I'm stuck at work now til 7pm since I didn't get in til 10:30 after grabbing my Nexus. It's the end of my pay period, so can't make up hours later. No biggie, though. Save for not being able to have my phone in here with me. Alas, it's in a locker downstairs powered off with about a 39% charge since activation this morning. (At least I got to play with it during my short commute). It downloaded 4.02 minutes after it was turned on. Tonight I suppose I'll have to charge it the rest of the way before playing with it more. I wasn't enthralled by the low max volume level when playing a youtube video on the store's demo unit, but perhaps there will be a fix for that. I'll do some more testing this weekend with the knowledge that I'll be in good company with this lot when I do. More importantly, though, I'm way overdue for some rounds of Angry Birds from my saved games. :D

Reactions: IndecisiveElle
Upvote 0
But.. But... are we not real people too...? :(

Yes, yes you are. I promise I didn't mean it like that. I mean I had time to interact with people face to face today. Not sure I like it. I like you guys better. :D

Isn't that why you started the Watering Hole thread?:D

Yes. It's not the same pace though. Lol.

Upvote 0
Just HAD to get some of these today (this was my third pic I took with Nessie...picked up the details pretty well I think, for taking a pic of the box!)

icecreamsandwich.jpg

Upvote 0
If Han's farewell was a blank, that is the most hysterical post of the entire thread.

I've had problems with the AF app FC'ng , plus the AF servers have been wonky. So just tell me if it really was blank.:)

Huh. It's blank for me now even after a page refresh. Too bad, I thought it was an excellent conciliatory post. I had thanked it, but that doesn't seem appropriate now. :thinking:

Is it wrong that I feel like a dirty, whorish, unfaithful tramp as I sit here typing this message......... on my new Galaxy Nexus??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, those of us who bolted for Rezounds are the dirty, whorish, unfaithful tramps. :p

Well, I am enjoying my GNex for the most part, although I do have a couple of things that I do not like and that is with the contacts part of the system. I'll list those issues here in case someone knows a solution.

Whoaaaa, whoaaa there: You're not allowed to post on-topic stuff in an off-topic thread! j/k, but you'd be a lot better off posting it in the actual I-have-a-new-Nexus-pls-help-me location.

Reactions: Shades.549
Upvote 0
I picked up two Nexi today, with two extended batteries and a couple of double covers. They will be Christmas presents for the wife and I to each other. We have 3 kids, 1 who firmly believes in the guy in red suit, 1 on the fence, and 1 who knows the secret. So there will be no early opening of Nexus boxes. We must wait to put on a show for the kids.

But they are sitting in the Verizon bag, taunting me....

...must...wait...until...Christmas!!!

Upvote 0
Whoaaaa, whoaaa there: You're not allowed to post on-topic stuff in an off-topic thread! j/k, but you'd be a lot better off posting it in the actual I-have-a-new-Nexus-pls-help-me location.
Isn't that here? :p

:eek: Wow, that would be way too tempting for me! I admire your willpower.

Reactions: Captain Mal
Upvote 0
Huh. It's blank for me now even after a page refresh. Too bad, I thought it was an excellent conciliatory post. I had thanked it, but that doesn't seem appropriate now. :thinking:

No, those of us who bolted for Rezounds are the dirty, whorish, unfaithful tramps. :p

Hmmm..... since *I* bolted for a ReZound, said I was keeping it, sang it's praises over and over (it IS an AWESOME phone), and then ran out and bought a Nexus today (I DID manage to hold out...... until lunch), does that make me a LYING, dirty, whorish, unfaithful tramp TIMES TWO?!?!?! :p

Upvote 0
I picked up two Nexi today, with two extended batteries and a couple of double covers. They will be Christmas presents for the wife and I to each other. We have 3 kids, 1 who firmly believes in the guy in red suit, 1 on the fence, and 1 who knows the secret. So there will be no early opening of Nexus boxes. We must wait to put on a show for the kids.

But you need NORAD to show you where Santa is on Christmas Eve!

Upvote 0
I picked up two Nexi today, with two extended batteries and a couple of double covers.
doublemint-twins.jpg

Hmmm..... since *I* bolted for a ReZound, said I was keeping it, sang it's praises over and over (it IS an AWESOME phone), and then ran out and bought a Nexus today (I DID manage to hold out...... until lunch), does that make me a LYING, dirty, whorish, unfaithful tramp TIMES TWO?!?!?! :p

No, that makes you a GOP candidate for president. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I guess you are right, I'm just used to the other thread where the occasional on topic post was encouraged as long as you didn't get carried away with it.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
So I just went through to read any farewell posts I missed, and both mine and Han's are blank on my browser... Haven't read Han's yet, can anyone see it? If so would you mind PMing to me? Thanks!

If you didn't blank your post then presumably neither did Han -- especially given the short Edit time intervals. That really sux. Do you think it was a mod or some forum snafu?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones