Last Updated:

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Damn, did you use the phone at all?? :D

Advertisement
  2. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

Just buy THESE

1 amp per port, get extra usb cords from monoprice, you are good to go. I have them everywhere.

And I have THESE all over the house. They have a dual port one of these too.

All available from Walmart or bestbuy.
    lovebyte21 likes this.
  3. bmacgyver

bmacgyver Well-Known Member

I'm an OB/GYN, and I completely agree with sgrinavi that starting the P90X diet at 12 weeks isn't a good idea.
    jbdan likes this.
  4. lovebyte21

lovebyte21 Well-Known Member

Thanks, but this wasn't quite what I was looking for - which is something more like this:
    [​IMG]
  5. lovebyte21

Thanks, I'll check these out! I was thinking about getting a dual one.

Edit: Strike that. I looked up this adapter on Amazon and reviewers are saying that it has the same problem. Have you been able to verify you are getting 1 amp from it?

Griffin Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro
  6. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

Did you get "Skype" or "Skype mobile for verizon" (or something like that). The correct one in the market is just "Skype".

The family i skype with tell me that the picture and sound is equal or greater that my laptop. And I have a good laptop. I usually use it from wifi at home, but have used it with success driving down the road in 4g. I will check on changing the orientation thing, but I hold it in landscape with the front camera to my left. It works with my bluetooth earpiece great. It has much better video quality than Google+ via messenger for me.
  7. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

I can vouch for the Griffin products. They are great. 1 amp (1000ma) like the Griffin and the one in the picture you posted is the same output as the stock GNex wall wart. If I could find any with 1.5 amp I would try those too.

I am also thinking of trying a 2 amp tablet/ipad wall wart plugged into the inverter in my truck. As long as it is 5 volts, the extra amps wont hurt a thing.
  8. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

May I ask what ROM you are using?

jmar
  9. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

Actually, no. I dont know where to check a usb with a multimeter or I would. Alls I know is that i net a charge when plugged in while multitasking gps, navagation and streaming xm radio at the same time.

However, if you are concerned about it, try THIS
    5 volts and 2.1 amp output.

I think I will try it too!

Lots of hi power optionshttp://store.griffintechnology.com/ipad/ipad-2?griffin_product_categories=Power
    lovebyte21 likes this.
  10. BabyBlues

For anyone who is still wondering - the double data for Verizon ends on the 15th. I just heard a commercial for it.
    mistermojorizi likes this.
  11. lovebyte21

Yeah, thats why I was trying to find one rated at 1 amp. The thing I'm questioning is whether that is what you are actually able to draw from it though. Some people are saying that your phone can't distinguish whether it is a data connection or a charger and limits the draw to 400 ma.
  12. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

That, I do not know. Please share if you find out for sure.
  13. lovebyte21

I read somewhere that there are apps that can measure the current draw, but the only one I could find is CurrentWidget. However, based on one of the reviews, I don't think it will work on the Galaxy Nexus.
  14. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Just Skype by Skype. I try to avoid Verizon apps whenever possible ;)
    ryancmatchett and DSCR like this.
  15. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

16. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

jbdan likes this.
  17. BabyBlues

Did android forums start using tapatalk again? I got the prompt when I signed in from the browser.
  18. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Well, my current hunt is failing so I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I have been searching on XDA and Rootzwiki for a themed ICS keyboard and can't find anything. My internet is acting up right now and its taking 2 minutes to load 1 stinkin web page so my search as been painful...but if anyone can point me in the right direction to some themed, stock ICS keyboards that'd be great!
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I'm interested in this as well. I'm interested in a neon blue color, but stock ICS so I can keep the excellent voice to text feature.
  20. BabyBlues

Did you try this?
    It's supposedly got themes in it.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=inputmethod.latin.ported.full&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiaW5wdXRtZXRob2QubGF0aW4ucG9ydGVkLmZ1bGwiXQ..
  21. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

Thought I would share here.

Extended Battery
    Not light use, not heavy use
    3 hours of xm app streaming
    2 hours getting a stock tether app to work
    a few phone calls
    majority of the time on wifi
    emails and tweets
    a few pics
    Bluetooth on all day
    30 minute skype call with video

[​IMG]
    sgrinavi likes this.
  22. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Hans weren't you looking to get rid of the line in the stock launcher? Just in case you still are check this & this out.
  23. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Not bad. You had it on the charger 3 times, maybe 2 hours worth?

How much was your screen on time during that 20 hrs you remember?
  24. clearym

clearym Well-Known Member

I've used Google Goggles for that. I've never compared it against any other dedicated apps, but it usually gets all the relevant information and has an option to add as Contact.
    adjuster11 and BlueBiker like this.