1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I can't help you but I'm hoping someone can because this happened at my brother's house.
    mistermojorizi likes this.
  2. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

weird...it's a westell dsl modem (verizon) by the way, and there is no password on it.
  3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Someone might have posted this already, but Tiny Flashlight + LED was just updated in the market and now has this super cool "shake while on lock-screen" to turn on and off. There are also some other fun/gimmicky options to play around with. I'm always using an LED flashlight and used my Inc as one on CM7 all the time. For rooted and unrooted users :)
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Forget the saved network on the GN, power cycle the router, and try to connect afterwards. It could be anything, but try this
    BlueBiker likes this.
  5. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

When it first shows as available, does it mention WEP or WPA or other connection type?

Kewl. I've been using TeslaLED but I don't think it has that feature (yet).
    BabyBlues and jbdan like this.
  6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I have yet to be able to try beamin' with someone. Initially my wife was getting a GN too, but priorities changed. My sound guy is getting a GN soon so I'll be able to try...please let me know if you get to try it out and if it works! :)

EDIT: btw good luck with the tags and NFC it is super fun! Be sure to check out NFC Task Launcher por dos dollares
    jmar likes this.
  7. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I love Chrome and only just recently started using it!

If you sync your browser in account settings and are using the stock browser on your Nexi then anything you do in CHrome, and vice verse, anything you do on your GN in the stock browser gets sync'd (bookmarks, history, favorites, etc..) it's awesome!
    jmar likes this.
  8. mistermojorizi

it doesn't show any kind of protection level. my computer connects. and i've already tried "forget" and reboot the GNEX but it's not my house and I can't start messing with their router just cause my phone is the only one that won't connect.
  9. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Was a long time user of 3 of Kevin's apps they're all great, but couldn't resist trying out Tiny and I love it!
  10. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Restarting the router would most likely fix it. Maybe they're limiting how many devices can connect to the router. Or there could be a MAC filter.

Can't you just use 4G (it is faster than a lot of wifi connections) or did I miss something in your original post?
    BlueBiker likes this.
  11. BabyBlues

That's where my problem will occur. I can't stand the stock browser. :eek:

I'd be willing to bet for me it's the mac filter hindering my ability to connect.
  12. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Awe I adore it :p it's just so simple/plain jane!

You just need to access the router via your PC/iPad and add your MAC ID to the list of permitted users ;)

Of course you need the password to access the router, but sometimes people don't set it up....hint hint hint
    BabyBlues likes this.
  13. BabyBlues

Just like his Netflix - I have the password for the router too! :D

I'll look into it next time I'm there.

And I found I much prefer dolphin browser for 2 reasons - it has the 'speed dial' buttons and an actual exit button.
    jbdan likes this.
  14. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

lol

I totally understand about browser choice :)

PM me if you have any questions about adding your MAC ID if you don't already know how to. (is this legal to discuss here :p)
  15. BabyBlues

I'll let you know next time I'm on my way over there. It's not often though.
    jbdan likes this.
  16. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I don't know what to suggest other than what jbdan already has. Hope you can find a solution or at least use 4G/3G while there.
    mistermojorizi likes this.
  17. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

These are nice pictures. I prefer the black/white version though. I think when it comes to pictures, the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is true. Personally, the first one I think is overly saturated, giving a slightly animated look. If that's what you want, that's great.

I use Photomatix too. Below is a picture of a waterfall I took with my DSLR. I think it's 5 images, processed with Photomatix. I tried not to overprocess it.

[​IMG]

So much of photography is subjective. If you like what you see, stick with it!
  18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

ajdroidx and NC both are beautiful thx for the share!
    NCTurner and ajdroidx like this.
  19. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Have y'all (pronounced yawl for you yanks) ever tried Sea Salt and Peppered Cashews? WOW they are delish and are not helping me at 2:30 AM! :D

[​IMG]
  20. mistermojorizi

the 4g here drops to 3g after a couple minutes. could be mac filtering but I doubt it because my laptop connects.
  21. Troponin

Troponin Active Member

God I love this phone. I was a heavy user of Apple, with an iTouch and iPad prior to buying the SGN..but do I ever love this phone. I love the screen, it's sexy as can be and it's as fast as I could imagine. I could not imagine having a smartphone with less customization...life is grand
  22. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Good morning Gnexers! :)

As heavily invested as Google is in their precious Roboto font, I would be surprised if you could globally change that font to something else without rooting. I know I had to be rooted with ClockworkMod to flash font packages on my Droid...
  23. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Mornin Chief!
    The_Chief likes this.
  24. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Sure it's been discussed in the past, but what are folks using TODAY as their daily ROM?
    I just updated to AOTK nightly 14 and it's been nice and smooth. Haven't slapped on a new kernel yet but was using the lean kernel at 1.35. Might try and see if Fabs 1.4 works well with it (was great with Pete's ROM). Honestly, I just love stock ICS so not looking for an overly skinned/themed ROM.
  25. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I run what you're running dread and using it with lean kernel 1.2.0 no OC'ing no UV'ing and use interactiveX governer
    jmar likes this.