Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Just install the apk you have the option of both that way

edit: I see you edit :D
    halon and vandyman like this.
  2. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Can I send you a pm or can we maybe gtalk about it when I get home around 2p PST?
  3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I purchased SetCPU a long time ago, so I'll go re-download it. What governors do you use?
  4. lovebyte21

lovebyte21 Well-Known Member

I'm not rooted so I have it installed as an app and I still get those features. Just install apk from here

[APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based)

Edit: Quadruple ninja'd while I dug around to find my link :)
  5. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I went into Nova settings and set persistent search bar to never but it is still there. And how do you get rid of the gray bar near the bottom?
  6. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

So Day #2 on AOKP M2, lean kernal and bgill55s mod for lockscreen, etc.
    Gotta say so far I like this one a lot. I only noticed that when i installed it, that the Google maps app ran in the background until I logged into and let it find me on gps. Now its fine. I need to get setcpu set up, but I am really liking this so far. gotta give it a couple of days though, yesterday was HEAVY usage for me, and I ended up having to have the phone on a charger for most of the day (too much fiddling with it...backups, restoring apps, etc). Full charge last night, and already see a HUGE improvement in both battery and in AndroidOS usage. Love it.
    jbdan likes this.
  7. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

I just ordered 10 Formatted NFC tags.
    So when they get here I may have to ask some questions. :confused:

I quick update on what apps to use would be helpful.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  8. vandyman

I think you need to reboot to make your changes stick.

To remove the line; In settings un check Dock/Show Divider.
    halon likes this.
  9. lovebyte21

lovebyte21 Well-Known Member

Might need to reboot to get the search bar to go away. Gray bar is in Settings under dock.
    halon likes this.
  10. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I've never used the kernel that comes with aokp for more than 30 minutes so I couldn't tell you on the stock. It is set to Interactive gov as default and I'd leave it there personally.

I always flash a custom kernel, and as of late I've enjoyed imoseyons lean kernel. If you do try his kernel I use Interactive gov and I undervolt it. I can advise you on some settings if you decide to go that route feel free to ask whenever you'd like. :)
  11. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

That is odd. I've used Nova a couple of times and never had to reboot for anything to take effect it was instant
  12. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hmm, with all the awesome work BB on Avatars, you kind of make me want a new one too ;)
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

You have to actually delete it the first time then it should stay away.
    vandyman likes this.
  14. halon

[​IMG]

Thanks to BB and everyone else today!
  15. vandyman

Yeah. It has been a while since I installed it, but for some reason I had to reboot for to work.
  16. AntimonyER

I think Han ran into this once.
  17. BabyBlues

Let me know if you want him moved up to accommodate the dock icons
    halon likes this.
  18. BabyBlues

He also deleted his entire folder of saved games. :eek:
  19. AntimonyER

Weird, all of a sudden, my phone thinks I am in NYC. Anyone else seeing something weird like this?
  20. BabyBlues

Where is the mod for lock screen?
  21. BabyBlues

I was in Paris last night. But it was beautiful Widgets deciding that's where it wanted me
    jbdan likes this.
  22. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Man, reading all the ROM talk back on page 105 really makes me want to flash one! I just can't decide which. XD

And BB, great job on those Star Wars pics! They look great.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  23. halon

OMG! You can do that?!?! :eek:
  24. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I see. I was thinking Lean kernel came with it. I'll flash it when I get home and play around with the settings. I got pretty aggressive with my OG Droid, probably play it safe with this one, haha. I need this phone to last 2 years at a minimum. Even with just a ROM flash I've noticed a good battery improvement. I've played with Tasker all day and downloaded a couple of apps and still have around 40% left.
    jbdan likes this.
  25. AntimonyER

It was more than just BW, Google Maps and Weather Channel app were showing me there too. It is VZW's location services, I just went to the window and when GPS found me, it snapped to my actual location, but I stepped away from the window, and when GPS lost signal, my location snapped back to NYC.