Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I've learned that lesson the hard way. Sucks when you think you're good and then remember as you press ok for a full wipe that you didn't back up your checkbook. Right after paying bills.

ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BEFORE FLASHING. :p:D:D:D
  2. lovebyte21

lovebyte21 Well-Known Member

there's a checkbook app???
  3. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Yeah I usually do...but I wasn't flashing so I thought I was ok. I just took the app out of the .zip file (something altimax taught me) and just renamed the stock contacts.apk to contacts.bak and used the new one. Did that, then the phone and contacts disappeared. I said oh ok, I will just load the other one I renamed back on there and be ok. Nope, didn't decide to work. Oh well, all is well now. Just trying to get my black ICS keyboard back on here now...having trouble getting this...
  4. lovebyte21

5. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Well, I just looked into the kernals / roms thread in the main nexus forum and...

I did not see much that interested me :(

Guess I wait until the official 4.0.3 update :)
  6. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Oh and Cashman can go...yeah...Not happy about the Montero for Pineda trade. Not happy ONE bit...
  7. BabyBlues

lovebyte21 likes this.
  8. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a way to do Chrome to Phone in the reverse? Eg Phone to Chrome?
  9. lovebyte21

Wow, I guess they really do have apps for everything! I manage all my finances using Microsoft Money. I wonder if there is an app to sync with that. I doubt it though since the PC software is no longer supported and is available to download for free from Microsoft.
  10. BabyBlues

If you Google it there are a few workarounds but nothing official
  11. BabyBlues

Doesn't mint sync with that ? I think they might have an app.
  12. lovebyte21

I'll have to check that out......OK, so what is mint? I'm assuming you're not talking about candy. :D
  13. BabyBlues

Its an online money tracking system. I know a couple of the morning shows did pieces on it and I remember a few articles about it in papers. It will track your expenses. I don't remember much else about it
    lovebyte21 likes this.
  14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Wowsers! Talk about finding an old thread! :)

This plays like an old Infocom game. You're too young to know about those. :)

Brain Games, Captive of Witch Hill

Anyway, hi gang!
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  15. BabyBlues

Hi Early!! How goes it?
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Fab! Post-holiday busy with the latest crop of Android newcomers, finding the right forum, fun stuff like that. :)

How about you? :)
  17. BabyBlues

Can't complain. Been learning all sorts of new things from the friendly Nexus family (and others but I don't venture out too often). :)
    EarlyMon and jmar like this.
  18. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hey erlymon (your grave stone name from the simetery thread! Lol!).

Did you get the Nexus? I'm always on the app it seems so I rarely know of peoples devices unless in a thread like this or a device specific thread.
  19. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I love our family friendly (for the most part) nexus family!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  20. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

We all love we all hate but here in the power of android we are one
    jmar and BabyBlues like this.
  21. BabyBlues

But with mods it's soo hard to tell a device because they are everywhere. :D

I think we manage to keep it just within the PG-13 boundaries
    99.998% of the time ;)
    EarlyMon and jmar like this.
  22. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Love this phone. Really.

But voice dropped again on two back-to-back calls tonight. I thought I had the problem licked with the new SIM. Now I'm frustrated that I appear to be in some small minority of users with this recurring problem. I want to keep the phone but I won't make it 20+ months with a phone that can't make phone calls reliably. Totally torn about what to do and dreading the thought that I might be a Rezound owner tomorrow. :(

The sad thing is that the Rezound is a great phone, but I've become attached to THIS phone with so many pros that the "other" phone can't match. Why, oh why can't I have assurances that this is a fixable issue? FML!
    tluley51 likes this.
  23. clearym

clearym Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there is a 3rd party app in the market. I almost got it, but I'm pretty sure it needs access to your Google account and that was a no-go for me...
  24. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I suggest trying a replacement SIM CARD cos I know some of the early adopters of this phone had those issues. If that doesn't fix it you are entitled to a replacement. If that doesn't work then I would get an ics phone when other OEMs start launching phones with ics. No need to go to a phone that didn't launch with ics when you've already had a taste. M2C

jmar
  25. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Those are spectacular! NCTurner, you do some beautiful work on those.

That would be PEBKAC. ;)

Oh crap. I know you swapped SIMs already, but have you tried another Nexus? Hope you won't have to settle for a 2nd choice. :(
    NCTurner likes this.