Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Woohoooo!!! One less flash

2. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

Is anyone having issues receiving an MMS? Every time I get one I have to manual download it (by clicking the Download button in the thread) and more often than not it doesn't download.
  3. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

The screenshots still show a blacked out nav bar, where the soft keys are. Does it now include the nav bar?
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Ahh my bad I think the only nav bar that's transparent is for CND Rom. I get so confused nav bar, status bar, notification bar...

If your into tinkering that page tells you how to modify the transparencies
  5. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

So jbdan and ncturner. I have been able to write tags with NFCL with no problems using your instructions but I wanted to use tasker in conjunction with NFCL and I guess I need to spend a little more time researching the functions of tasker. Having buyers remorse right now:(

Thank you for helping me though. NFC tags will be popping up everywhere!

jbdan likes this.
  6. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

link wasn't working before, it's fixed now. enjoy! :cool:
  7. BabyBlues

I'm resourceful- I quoted the post and grabbed the link from there. :D
    SolidOrange likes this.
  8. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello my awesome people
  9. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

10. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Glad they are working for you. To use tasker, I would suggest something very simple, then build from there. Try this:

Open tasker
    Choose 'tasks" at the top
    Click the green plus
    Give it a name. for this, simply type "popup"
    click green check
    Now click the blue plus sign to add an action
    Click on "alert"
    Click on "pop up"
    In the text box, type "this is a sample" (or whatever you want)
    Click green check
    Click the green check -the tasker app should close but you should have the notice of it running in your notification bar
    Now open nfc launcher
    add tasks
    Choose tasker tasks
    Click on the magnifying glass and choose the task you added, "popup"
    Write a tag
    Close nfc launcher
    Now when you put your phone over the tag it should give you a popup window. You can add as many actions to the tasker task as you want. I'm on the app now but search back to my screen shot of the car dock that I run, for an example. Hope this helps!
    jbdan and BabyBlues like this.
  11. mfish123

mfish123 New Member

That's awesome! Looking forward to the navigation bar. I assume you'll be posting the mod on this site?
  12. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

I just used google wallet for the first time. It was awesome. Yes, I am a geek!!
    ryancmatchett, BabyBlues and jbdan like this.
  13. BabyBlues

My Nyxie made matching fabric for my mother so easy. I brought the block of fabric we had to match up, held it against the possible ones in the store and hoped for the best. Well, the piece arrived today and it was a perfect match. Yay Nexus!!!
  14. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

yes! Worse than my dumbphone was...and all the iphone people looove sending me mms
  15. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

has anyone tried faux kernel? The word on xda is that its better for battery life than Franco's. Leankernel was good for sleep but as soon as I used the browser the batt dropped.
  16. BabyBlues

I've found that my fruit loving friends messages come in as mms even if there's no pic
  17. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone in here can help me...the people over at Rootzwiki that are trying to help me are basically telling me I am stupid and can't get it to work.

Anyways, I am running Codename 1.1.1 and not having issues with that, but I flashed a theme and it is working great. The themer has you download the keyboard seperate...Now as far as I know, there are 2 ways I can install this. Either just flashing the .zip through CWM or by just extracting the apk and putting it in the /systems folder. The apk of my keyboard is named LatinimeGoogle.apk and so is the apk of the themed keyboard. Now, it doesn't matter whether I just replace the apk or flash it in CWM, I try to use the keyboard and it just says "Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped."

Anyone have any other ideas? Apparently it is working for some but it isn't working for others. (so far the only success stories I have heard are people running prior versions of the theme...but the creator of the theme has broken english or is just too lazy to type and doesn't really enjoy helping out)
  18. blkbeltkid17

If you can't get any keyboard to open then something happen while trying to get it to work.... I don't have a direct fix other than nandroid backup wipe your phone and start the teeming again might be the easiest way to get it done
  19. tluley51

Yeah I actually went as far back as wiping my phone, reflashing Codename 1.1.1 and reflashing the theme...twice...and then of course flashing/replacing the apk multiple times and it still force closes.
  20. BabyBlues

Did you rename your keyboard and see if that works?
  21. tluley51

Rename the keyboard? If you mean rename the stock one in root explorer to a .bak file then putting the new one in there then yes. That is how I would prefer to do it...but neither that or actually flashing in CW worked.
  22. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Are you sure you downloaded the right keyboard apk? There is a Latin one and a different one, and I know one definitely doesn't work with 4.0.3 roms.
  23. blkbeltkid17

Tell us the exact steps you are doing after a wipe... And I'll flash the mods following your steps and see if I get the same problem
  24. willyjay

willyjay Active Member

what about checking/fixing the permissions? Not sure if that's it, just a thought.
    jbdan likes this.
  25. blkbeltkid17

That shouldn't have anything to do with it... :l