Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

No reason to. I have my phone now. It'll change for holidays probably.
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Ah, I miss the variety, lol
    BabyBlues likes this.
  3. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Afternoon loves
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

5. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

LOL - yeah, when it's as nice a guy as Steven! :)

I'm just glad to come out of that one with people still talking to me! :p :D :D

PS - if the need for more than Color Notes comes up, check out Catch Notes or Evernote. I prefer the Catch, myself.
    RazorSharp and jbdan like this.
  8. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Hey, half the time you were the GOOD cop! ;)
    EarlyMon likes this.
  9. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

You and OTD handled that thread very well. :D
    OfTheDamned and EarlyMon like this.
  10. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm having this EXACT same problem. I also uninstalled / reinstalled. Not sure why it started acting up. I suspect maybe another app updated, which caused a compatibility issue?

What version are you using, the free or paid? BB - free or paid app (since you're not having the same problem)?
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  11. BabyBlues

Paid.
    NCTurner likes this.
  12. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Anyone else play Tiny Tower? For some reason this game is super addicting.

[​IMG]
  13. BabyBlues

No. But it looks like I might have to try
  14. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

The newest version, 2.11.0LITE
    It just started working, well doing the same thing. I uninstalled again. Still wondering if there's a fix :confused:
  15. breadnatty08

Afternoon all!
    Had a fun encounter at the bar for lunch today. The woman sitting next to me was trying to get some work done on her laptop and could not connect to the restaurants' wifi. She was nearly in tears on her phone trying to figure it out and was coming up on a deadline. I was reading a book on my Nexus and thought, hey, let's see if I can get wifi tether to help her out. I didn't have it DL'd so I grabbed it from the net booted it up and asked her to look up local networks on her pc. She found it, got connected and continued working! She was so happy and wanted to buy me a drink but I turned her down and said it was no problem. She said she wished her iPhone could do that and I said probably if it was jailbroken!
    Also had the manager ask me to check out his tasting menu for tomorrow night and advice on it. We went back and forth on a couple of items and he certainly appreciated the advice.
    Karma points all around! :D
  16. NCTurner

yeah, that's what I'm running too. Looking at the market reviews, there are lots of GN folks having problems with it, apparently. I wrote to the dev, so hopefully I'll hear something soon. I like the program, but he's apparently had some compatibility issues with ICS, so I'll wait to see if he gets them ironed out, and if he does, I'll definitely buy it. I do like supporting devs for their hard work.
  17. NCTurner

Nice story!

I had lunch with my daughter today. She has one of those iThingies. I asked her something about using voice to text to send text messages. She said "I can't do that". I said "oh yeah, you have an iphone." Then a bit later, I asked her if she streamed music to her iThingy, and she said no. I only got as far as "Oh yeah, you have an..." when she cut me off..."I KNOW, I HAVE AN iPHONE." :)
    BabyBlues and breadnatty08 like this.
  18. breadnatty08

VtT is great on the Nexus! I honestly don't use it too often, but it's nice when I have my other hand full and just want to send a quick text.
    About streaming, is she not on iOS 5? I thought the big part was iCloud? Either way, I don't put any music on my phone; more than happy with Rhapsody (we used to have a Napster account but Rhapsody bought them out; awesome app for ~$15/month).
  19. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

I also had this problem but when I checked in the settings of the app I found it had changed the settings under led flash rate to always on. Switched it back and all is well .

Version 2.110 lite
  20. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

i usually hit long hold the search softkey and then just say "note to self: ....." I get an email with my note. for things that i need to do I use tasks n to do's pro. it syncs with my google tasks.
    jbdan likes this.
  21. breadnatty08

Thanks a ton! It was driving me crazy and I really wasn't in the mood to figure it out :eek: Knew someone here would help us out.
    Copacetic likes this.
  22. NCTurner

Wow, odd. It had also done that on mine. However, I don't understand why the notification light would only be the default (slow, white.)

I reset everthing to 'fast' speed....hopefully that'll take care of the problem!

Thank you again!
    Copacetic likes this.
  23. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thx =)
  24. BabyBlues

The movies are at my house!!! And while browsing my favorite time wasting website I found this
    [​IMG]
    Stigy, Lucky Armpit, MSUgEEk and 8 others like this.
  25. breadnatty08

BB, you're just full of humor today!
    I figured I'd get in the reading spirit today and after downloading the Kindle app (ours was dead, needed to be recharged) bought the Steve Jobs bio book as it seemed to be all the rage. Have to say, I'm not far into it, but it's an amazing read. Guy has an incredibly storied past to say the least. Highly recommended.
    BabyBlues likes this.