• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

BTW panorama mode on this camera is ridiculous.

Took this last Friday afternoon -- missed my train for it, but totally worth it.

jNHPM.jpg

Wow. :)

Upvote 0
Ok guys, I bit the bullet and sold my Gnex and bought a Razr Maxx. I plan to pick up another GNex when the prices start dropping and will stay subscribed to this thread and other Gnex threads.

Regardless of my phone, I am still honored to be part of the history making pre-release thread!

Grats on the Maxx! Looks like a dandy marathoning battery life of a phone.

And we're still honored to have you as part of our family :D

Upvote 0
Ok guys, I bit the bullet and sold my Gnex and bought a Razr Maxx. I plan to pick up another GNex when the prices start dropping and will stay subscribed to this thread and other Gnex threads.

Regardless of my phone, I am still honored to be part of the history making pre-release thread!

What caused you to ditch the Nexus?

Upvote 0

I hope you stick around!

Upvote 0
Gun stuff -
The regimen here in Nebraska is the same. Some in the class were startled by the restrictive nature of when the weapon can be brought out of concealment. I was glad to see that restrictive nature, especially the part about "don't wield it to look tough or 'bad,' only bring it out to shoot somebody in defense of you or somebody in the vicinity's life." Many examples were talked about, some court cases, news items and personal experiences.

There was one guy there who got up and left right after one of the instructors said, "Don't carry a gun because you are not getting along with somebody and you want to show them who is boss. You'll go to prison."

That may differ from state to state. Court cases mold all those details, as superimposed over the actual laws on the matter in that region.

I look at it in this way: most tense situations out there can be walked away from, but if that person has a deadly weapon showing, mine is coming out and it's not just to frighten the person away, it's to stop that person from killing me (or somebody else right then).

I went to my local watering hole this weekend, danced, talked with pals, had a blast.

Over the bar, they had a sign that said firearms are prohibited.

We've made the same determination about this Watering Hole.

Everyone, please take the 2nd Amendment stuff to the Politics and Current Affairs lounge where we have great threads for that, thanks! ;) :)

Upvote 0
i am jealous of all the panoramic pics! it makes me feel dumb, but i still haven't figured out how to use that feature correctly. i tried it several times on vacation in miami and always ended up with incomplete panoramic sized pics, or oddly compressed normal sized ones. :eek:

Just make sure you go slow enough. It usually warns you if you swipe too fast. A hell of a lot cooler than the shoot and stitch that the Motos have. :)

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
Just make sure you go slow enough. It usually warns you if you swipe too fast. A hell of a lot cooler than the shoot and stitch that the Motos have. :)

i guess my main problem is that i seldom get a clear picture when i'm NOT moving the camera around. moving it for the panoramic shots results in extremely blurry shots. :mad:

the camera is honestly my only complaint about the GNex. a still subject in bright sunlight looks good, but i have yet to take a good picture of anything that moves or anything under incandescent/low light. yes, there are apps that make it better, but from the reviews i have read, you need about 3 different ones to cover every situation. while i will admit that at least some of it is user error on my part, the camera on a device of this quality SHOULD be better. :(

Upvote 0
Man NOW I know what your avatar photo is!! My eyesight isn't great and I could never figure out, until now, that it was a pizza! Doh! [Dough :D)

Haha, it actually isn't. It's a loaf of rosemary meyer lemon bread we made at a bakery in California (Della Fattoria) during my externship at culinary school.
Should you ever make it out to DC, come stop by our shop!

Upvote 0
i guess my main problem is that i seldom get a clear picture when i'm NOT moving the camera around. moving it for the panoramic shots results in extremely blurry shots. :mad:

the camera is honestly my only complaint about the GNex. a still subject in bright sunlight looks good, but i have yet to take a good picture of anything that moves or anything under incandescent/low light. yes, there are apps that make it better, but from the reviews i have read, you need about 3 different ones to cover every situation. while i will admit that at least some of it is user error on my part, the camera on a device of this quality SHOULD be better. :(

I have had no problem with motion photos / video on the GNex. It took me a time or two to get used to the panoramic photo, but those came out clearer than many of my stills. I have been very happy with video, even streaming to a 1080p TV. I am even getting used to taking stills by tapping the screen (to force focus) and then using the zero shutter lag (it seems to hold the forced focus).

On Sunday we had my mothers birthday party and tried to snap a photo with all of her grandsons (she would like a granddaughter some day but none of us have stepped up to the plate yet :D). I opened the photo app, clicked on the display area, to force focus on faces, then snapped off about six photos in ten seconds (based on photo names) until I had one where all were looking at the camera and smiling. Anyone who has tried to photo 17, 13, 4, and 2 year olds knows what kind of challenge this is:mad:. All of the photos had the same clarity and were at least on par with the photos from my OG Droid and D2 (which both took awesome pics without the extra force focus step).

Maybe it should be an option in the camera to focus first, then allow zero shutter. Maybe Google focused on the gimmicky zero lag shutter as a selling point. My point is the phone can take good stills.

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
That bakery was in Sonoma County. Actually on a ranch and the bakery was a converted garage. We used two wood fired ovens. It was a hell of 4 months there (actually lived on the property). If you want to see some photos here ya go:
Della Fattoria Breads
Sadly, DC has one of the worst bread scenes I've ever lived in. :(

But you have pizza, which means the next logical step is that you'd have calzones. And pizza or calzone are comfort foods and some of my favorites even when I don't need comfort food. :D

Upvote 0
But you have pizza, which means the next logical step is that you'd have calzones. And pizza or calzone are comfort foods and some of my favorites even when I don't need comfort food. :D

Well, the owners are looking to expand the concept once they open at least one more Pete's. The concept I'm most salivating over is a hybrid bakery/cafe/wine bar. Nothing like it in the district. And I'd most definitely be heading up the bakery operations! :D

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones