Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Exactly. Depends on your hand size. Extremely thin phones are kinda like really long....well, ...I'll stop there...they're fun to brag about but in the end they're awkward to use.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I love when we have potential clients coming in. :rolleyes:
    I was once the receptionist here so the duty falls to me to sit here when we have to have a 'dog & pony show' day. Wouldn't be too bad if they moved my computer with a power cord but just putting the computer on the desk pisses me off.
    /rant
  3. MSUgEEk

??? They moved a computer to make it look like you had one but gave you no power?
  4. BabyBlues

Yup! But I threw a minor fit and amazingly enough they gave me a power cord.
    This is crazy today! Just to fill desks they have 8 freelance graphic designers in.
  5. MSUgEEk

Gotta love a good dog and pony show. :rolleyes:
  6. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Morning every one
  7. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

8. blkbeltkid17

Haven't worked on it in the last week I am still where I am the last time I tried it
    jmar likes this.
  9. sgrinavi

sgrinavi Well-Known Member

Glad to see that it's still all about smoke and mirrors.... Doesn't it make you wonder if the potential client is doing the same? LOL
  10. BabyBlues

Yup. Wouldn't surprise me to find they are stringing us along
  11. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

This reminds me so much of this joke:

A lawyer was opening a new office. He heard the door open, and not wanting to look like he had nothing to do, he picked up the office phone and start spouting some "legalease" to make it appear that he was a busy professional. About then, the man that had opened the door walked in to the lawyer's office, and said, "hi, I'm the phone installer...and I'm here to hook up your phones so they'll work." :)
    breadnatty08, jbdan and sgrinavi like this.
  12. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  13. blkbeltkid17

14. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Customers don't visit where I work ever (Mainly because I work in a secure area due to working on secret stuff). But they instituted a policy of no napping on lunch breaks at your desk company wide, because one time they brought customers through a non-secure area, and 3 out of 5 guys were snoring at their desks. So much for the dog and pony show, haha.
    jbdan and BabyBlues like this.
  15. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Too funny, but true. Years and years ago I was starting in private practice and had a totally open schedule but to not convey the level of my newness to the profession or how young I was, I would only give the person a choice of one or two appointments when they called in. Lol, by the end of my career, I was hoping for that one open appointment somewhere in the week to catch up on paperwork.
    IHateMyTreo, BabyBlues and AntimonyER like this.
  16. blkbeltkid17

must be nice to have that borring of a job lolo
  17. Copacetic

Boring would never describe it, no appointment meant no income, you spent all your free time drumming up business for your business. lol
  18. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

19. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Back-to-back business calls with dropped mic on me again today. The first was 20 minutes in, the second was just 5 minutes in. If not for this issue, the Nexus would be a perfect phone. I just don't know how many more times I can be embarrassed on an important call, and I don't understand why it only appears to affect some users...
  20. BabyBlues

21. Copacetic

Do you have Skype installed on your phone?
  22. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

No. Are you suggesting I start relying on VOIP instead?
  23. Unforgiven

Unforgiven On to Seattle... Moderator

I had this happen a couple of times when I first got my phone (a few days after release) and there has been a lot of discussion about it in the VZW GNex forum. I haven't had the issue in a long time and I can't remember if when it happened to me it was before or after I loaded the leaked radios. I am going through the thread now to see if I can come up with some info for you.

http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/472451-other-person-cant-hear-me.html
  24. Copacetic

No, sorry, I should have been clearer. I have had the same problems, I got a new SIM, different variety and that did not help. I then got a new handset (almost two weeks ago) and have not had any problems since. However, I did not install other apps that use the microphone like google talk and skype as a test. i have just now re-installed skype, so far, I have not had enough calls to test it to see if it had any effect. I agree, it is a major frustration to loose the mic and then have the other party hang up. It makes you hesitant to use the phone as, well as a phone.
  25. BabyBlues

It's a phone???
    jbdan, esmith818 and Copacetic like this.