1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

To some few demented souls (any skiers out there?) and husky mixes, it would be another Xmas gift :)

[​IMG]
  2. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Where was this massive snowstorm last week when I was on vacation!? I want to play in this thing! :eek:
  3. IHateMyTreo

Whistler :D La Nina Storm tracks seem to be staying to the Pacific Northwest.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I have a black car, and I have already got pollen on my car every day. It's barely February. Two years ago we had 3 inches of snow right now. Now given that was a 25 year fluke, but still. Last year I had a month straight of frost on my car, this year, two days. Total. I sure wish we got a winter this year, but for us, it went straight from fall to spring.
  5. IHateMyTreo

^ Razor, you're the Man :D
    RazorSharp likes this.
  6. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

@IHateMyTreo: Please get a GNex! :)
  7. IHateMyTreo

Just made my reservation to fly back on the15th. How can I possibly NOT get one and remain a lounge rat in good standing?
    :D
  8. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

morning all!!!!
    Just checking in and saying hi...I have been lurking, but not posting much, been an incredibly busy week.
    Plus I am having so much fun with this phone....had to share a quick story.
    A friend of ours that is a composer will be playing music at our wedding in September and I got together with him and his wife for a little planning meeting on Wednesday. They both own iPhones but have PC laptops for all of their work, and had everything spread out with a keyboard/piano set up so he could play some examples and show me what he was thinking about playing. But he wanted a playlist of the songs we like and will be providing to our actual DJ....which I had forgotten to bring with me....so I whipped out my Nexy, used splashtop remote to log into my server at home, set up remote access for them to access the server with all the actual music that they can listen to over the coming weeks/months, created a Word document of the playlist, downloaded the doc to my Nexy and printed it to their wireless printer right there at their house....just that quickly. I look over at them sitting on the couch......and they are both staring at me like I have completely gone nutso!!!!!
    And then asked me how to get a phone that does all of that!!!!
    I left about an hour later laughing so hard it hurt. Made my day. BIG TIME!!!!
    Hope everyone has a great Friday, and a safe weekend.
    chiph411, IHateMyTreo, jmar and 4 others like this.
  9. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Man, what I would give for a snow like that here. :( Most I've seen is about 10-12" and I think that's a record or very close to one here. We didn't even get snow this year and it's in the mid 60's now.
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  10. MSUgEEk

Same here man...except I've had frost on my car 10 or so times. Granted I get up and leave well before sun-up, but still, last year would have had many more days like that...probably 30.
  11. MSUgEEk

Anyone have the link to the Swype APK download for the Nexus? Was going to wait on them for their "end of month update" well...end of month has passed and it isn't here.
  12. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

13. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Dude where you been I been on swype for the last month
  14. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

He said he was waiting for the update.
  15. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

While I don't have an awesome story like that to share, I just love the fact that I can take a photo with my Nexus, slap a piece of photo paper into the printer and print it straight from my phone! So amazing that my aunt is secretly wanting a Nexus (iPhone user).

Morning Nexicans!
  16. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

How? What am I missing?
  17. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

BabyBlues likes this.
  18. IHateMyTreo

Kind of comforting to know that some Lounge members ninja'd the professional analysts :eek:

Analysis: A sobering look at Facebook | Reuters

(Reuters) - It's the year's hottest initial public offering, but some wealth managers find themselves having a hard time recommending Facebook to their clients...
    AntimonyER and BabyBlues like this.
  19. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

If your printer has bluetooth, you can just pair up and BOOM!:)
    Once it is paired up, the print option will show up in your apps.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  20. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

yeah....there are a few options. I use a printer I set up in Google Cloudprint, and it works very well (can print to any printer set up that way, even if not close by, which is pretty slick!) For example, I can print something on my home printer or office printer, wherever I am, as long as I have an internet connection on my phone.
    vandyman and BabyBlues like this.
  21. MSUgEEk

Oh and printing from the Nexus...for those who have Brother wifi printers, they have an app that lets you print webpages, pdfs, and pictures directly from your phone as well as scan directly to it if your printer/all-in-one has that capability. Very slick if you have their products.
    NCTurner likes this.
  22. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

I like that idea, but I prefer to be around when the printer is running.

^^^ My luck the printer will print non stop and catch on fire if I am not there. LOL

EDIT: And if you have a cat that is a bad egg and likes to play with the printer as it is printing.............