Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

So happy the Giants won! Can't stand Brandon Jacobs. We had a helluva party and had a BLAST. My stoopid Nexus dropped a call last night but has behaved so far today. I have a phone interview with PNC in 15 minutes so I hope it continues to play nice. It's for the job I currently do.... I swear it seems like PNC doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

BTW, who the hell is MIA and why do I care about her and her middle finger? :confused:
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.I.A._(artist)
  3. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Kinda wish M.I.A. was in fact MIA
  4. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Aside from the middle finger, did anyone notice that thing that made up her skirt that had the big "M" on it? Well. Every time she would pick up her one leg she hold onto that "M" and show off what's behind it. Of course she is wearing something behind it, but it is still the symbolism of flashing. Just my opinion. Personally I could care less what they show on tv. Don't like it, change the channel.
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

DVR to the rescue. I queue up halftimes and go do things like go scream in the wilderness. :D

Meanwhile, I was googling for the M&M commercial last night after it hit, and found this instead - from M&M marketing in Australia, 2010:

M&M's Bare All clips - YouTube
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  6. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

True. That part was cheesy.
  7. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I did also laugh at the e-trade baby commercial. They aren't as funny as when they first came out but the speed dating part was great.
  8. CaptainRon

I have a kernal question. How do you judge a kernal?

With ROMs and themes you can see the difference. I guess you can try to compare battery efficiency, but my usage varies so much from day to day that's not really practical for me. So other than "feel" how do you compare kernals?
  9. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Ummm, with a military tribunal?

(sorry, couldn't resist!) Since I'm only rooted/unlocked and have never installed a different kernal, I haven't the foggiest idea how to measure how good a kernal is. :)
    CaptainRon and jbdan like this.
  10. BabyBlues

It really is by feel. Where I am getting great results with the one I'm on, there are others who got crappy results. Its truly dependent on phone usage, apps being used and I'm sure the rom has its own bearing on it as well. Sorry, I don't think there is a true way to 'judge' it.
    CaptainRon and jbdan like this.
  11. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

Like the new avatar BB.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  12. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

As I have said in the past, this is my first smart phone. I am really loving it. RunningM3 AKOP with the 15.2 kernel. With moderate to light use I am getting fantastic battery life. I am currently sitting at 1d 18h 23m 37s with 42% battery remaining. If I knew how, I would put up the screen shot ( haven't learned how to do that yet.
    This rooting thing is contagious...I just finished rooting my Kindle Fire and am trying out the Go Launcher.
    jbdan likes this.
  13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

kernEl :p

BB's nailed it pretty much Cap'n

I can really feel and see how fluid it is/or not, while using the phone. Battery life is just part of the equation, yet a bonus when it's good, obviously. Another is signal. It can and will affect it very subtly. Don't ask me how though...

A lot of debugging, unused features and device drivers are omitted from many of these custom kernels hence memory usage widely varies between them. Some make use of it better and some are tweaked for max availability. Also added modules can allow for additional hardware support. Depends on your usage.

This is my unprofessional opinion
    Try a colonel Cap! :D
    CaptainRon, chiph411 and BabyBlues like this.
  14. CaptainRon

That there is funny, I don't care who you are!
    NCTurner and EarlyMon like this.
  15. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Kewl avi BB's diggin' it !
    BabyBlues likes this.
  16. CaptainRon

BabyBlues likes this.
  17. BabyBlues

Thanks guys! It is partially how my phone got her name. The original pic say Nyx, Night Personified. I added the pic in her eye for added fun. Its probably too small to see but its Artemis.
    My phone is named Nyxie, by the way.
    CaptainRon, chiph411 and jbdan like this.
  18. CaptainRon

I love the fact you've given your phone such a cool name, but it's like a Volkswagen Beetle. Cute for a woman, but not so much for a guy. Maybe I'm just not comfortable enough with my own masculinity to name my phone. :)
    jmar and BabyBlues like this.
  19. CaptainRon

Thank you for all the input on the kernal question (especially NCT!)

I've been really happy with imoseyon's leanKernal (for one I like the name, it just sounds more efficient,) but it looks like all the "cool kids' are running Franco.
    NCTurner likes this.
  20. BabyBlues

I doubt that fact. I would go with the fact that you haven't found a name that grabs your attention yet. I know at least 1 man who has named his phone.
  21. CaptainRon

Well Nyxie is a very, very nice name. I just need something tough like Nexasauros or Nexzilla.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  22. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hasn't Steven named his phone? Maybe I'm mistaken...
  23. BabyBlues

If he did then he would be the 2nd person I know that has
  24. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

I named mine Nexyness....
    Introduced her to the World when I got her running...(on G+ anyways...)
    Had to give her a name...just wasn't right not to....wanted this phone so bad and then planned to play with her day and night.....She needed a name.
    (Its even on my mobile email signature..."Sent from Nexyness (LTE Galaxy Nexus)")
    BabyBlues likes this.