1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Are you on less than 1x?!
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Lifting you and family up Stigy
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Stigy - sorry for your loss, if you need anyone to talk to, I speak for myself as well as many here saying that here or via PM is not a problem.
    jbdan likes this.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Nope, 3G according to my phone... Pretty sure our work has a booster which throttles the connection. Either that, or packing so many tech savvy engineers into a 5 acre R&D facility in Verizon country is causing major bandwidth issues.
    Stigy likes this.
  5. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your family's loss Stigy. Thinking about and praying for you guys.

Ok, so I take it 4.0.4 is worth it? You have to downgrade to 4.0.2 to upgrade first
    though, right? I haven't read much about it as you can tell.
    jbdan likes this.
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I want to try the new stuff but I'm unwilling to give up my rom and theme.
  7. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

No and yes. It is totally worth trying. Make a backup, if you don't like it, you can restore it. No you do not have to downgrade. If your coming from anything other than a stock .1 or .2 ROM then you just need to do a complete wipe before flashing.

Go here (if you want the whole she-bang: radio, btldr, kernel, ROM), dnld, complete wipe if not on stock .1 or .2 image, flash. Check Md5!
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Stigy, I'm sorry for your loss...
    jbdan likes this.
  9. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Condolences Stigy.
    jbdan likes this.
  10. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

You don't have to give up anything :) Backup, then go have fun

If you have some time on your hands it's worth trying. Neat to see what is headed our way. The improvements are noticeably noticeable...or you can live vicariously through moi :p
  11. MSUgEEk

I think I'll wait for now. I've flashed so much the last week I don't know if I could really get an objective view of improved or not and from what, haha. I'll leave my AOKP M3 and Lean 1.9 on for now and get a baseline performance from that and then when AOKP comes out based on 4.0.4 I'll have a good comparison.
  12. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I've been using my phone way too much to want to turn it off for any reason, even am update right now. :p
    So I will live vicariously through YOU!
    jbdan likes this.
  13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

The soon-to-be custom ROMs based off 4.0.4 will be very nice. Looking forward!
  14. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Thanks again everyone -- its nice to be able to have so many people to talk to, most of which I've never met in person.

Also remember that you can run 4.0.4 RADIOS on a 4.0.3 ROM, which I am doing right now. The script I posted above requires you to downgrade to 4.0.2 RADIOS first then the script upgrades you to the 4.0.4 RADIOS, but I highly suggest them. The 3G/4G switching makes it VERY worth it alone as well as the better signal I am seeing.
  15. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

16. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Understood. Completely. I'm in an interesting position :)eek: j/k) as I have 19 apps, 2 email accounts, and everything sync'd with the Googs. Nandroiding, TiBu, and re-setting up my phone is almost effortless. I guess one could say it's simply my phone instead of what it could be, my personal tablet/laptop-organizer-device thingy.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  17. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

That is why I am on Android Forums. We are a community.

As far as the radios go, I am on stock 4.02 with the leaked radios. Will I have to downgrade the radios to apply the 4.04 OTA? BTW, I still have stock recovery.
    jbdan likes this.
  18. MSUgEEk

Think I got ya beat Antimony....going on 15 minutes downloading Chrome Beta on a 3g connection.
  19. breadnatty08

Not sure what phone/service you guys are using, but it took about 6 seconds to download on my Nexus via the Market :rolleyes::D

Edit: Man, I really just prefer the stock ICS browser. Full screen browsing FTW. But, I'll let Google move the mobile Chrome browser ahead and see how it develops.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  20. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Yeah if anyone wants to try the new radio stand alone or with the new bootloader you can flash it on any ROM no wiping no nothing. I did, but I also had to see what was available in .4 so I ended up with the whole kit&kaboodle.

You can find everything you need here and here. Just read the OP's for clarification on which to flash....or not to! :rolleyes:
  21. MSUgEEk

Just in a poor service area at a low elevation inside a metal building. :(
  22. breadnatty08

jbdan likes this.
  23. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

24. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

So, who has done the 4.0.4 update yet?
    I take it a re-root would be needed, correct? What about unlocking the boot loader. I am unlocked and rooted at 4.0.2, would I need to do anything before attempting to install the 4.0.4?

Download to internal SD card, boot up into CWM recovery and flash?
  25. breadnatty08

The link I posted a few up is already rooted. It's stock (yet deodexed) 4.0.4 and already rooted. Give it a shot!