Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-25 00:57:39
  1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I honestly think they're very similar. I know go SMS has a boatload of themes for it as well as the ability to make your own. I'm not sure handcent had that. That and the emoticon plug in were what convinced me

Advertisement
  2. BabyBlues

Did you look at the incipio case that Verizon has?
  3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only problem with that one is that the plastic doesn't cover the pogo pins, only the silicone rubber does. I'm thinking of creating something custom and need the structural support there over the pogo pin contacts.
  4. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Emoticons meaning emoji? Handscent has that as well.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Haven't seen the official one, but how about the Otterbox Commuter? What you describe is how the one for my Bionic was. Rubber covers for all inputs and a hard plastic shell.
  6. BabyBlues

Ohhhhh. I see.
  7. BabyBlues

Yup. Those. And I like bring able to make a doodle and send it to other go sms users. But I think it comes down to just personal preference between the two.
    Copacetic likes this.
  8. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

We teach our kids cursive just so that they can actually read America's historical documents. It's sad that a teenager in public school today couldn't read the Declaration of Independence on a field trip to DC...

I'm totally on board with #18 and #19 though. I thought boredom and hunger WERE the same thing, and I am already conditioned to nod my head after the first "huh?". It's only embarrassing when the the comment is a question that doesn't require a yes/no answer. ;)
  9. MSUgEEk

You know, I think that commuter series might work. Here's my idea. I got the inspiration from the work some are doing with the Palm inductive charging system. Hopefully, I'll be able to take a case like the Commuter series, cut a hole in the silicone right there over the pogo contacts, possibly dremel a little bit of the hard shell away too if needed, maybe even cut a hole there? ?? Then epoxy the following into the case and use conductive tape to trace a path to the inside on the back and put the inductive charging circuitry there. There you would have an inductive charging case without taking up any usb port or anything.

Here's the pogo pins:
    Digi-Key - ED8110-03-ND (Manufacturer - 811-22-003-30-000101)

They are 3.48mm tall uncompressed and 2.49 mm tall fully compressed, so you're looking at 0.1" thick. I'm not sure how thick the Commuter case is on the side, but I would think I should be able to make something work with that? Any ideas?
  10. MSUgEEk

Eh, I disagree with the cursive writing thing, we teach it so everyone will be able to sign their name, that's the only thing cursive is used for (and so doctors can write prescriptions that only pharmacists can read). I say get rid of it.
  11. MSUgEEk

Sucks that I have a desk job now and can't go out in the field like I could my last job....I'm in dire need of a set of digital calipers and none of us "desk" engineers have any. Had my own set at my last job....I don't even have a ruler with metric markings on it :(
  12. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

I use cursive all the time when I write. I can not print very well.
    My printing looks like a 2 year olds finger paintings. :p
    NCTurner likes this.
  13. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Yep! The calipers are a must have. I keep a set a work and a set at home. :)
  14. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning all! The funeral yesterday was real sad, but it was nice to see everyone who he touched come out to remember his life. Thanks again for all your condolences - it truly means a lot.

Anyone running LeanKernel seeing high vbus-tuna_otg in Kernel Wakelocks? This is on 1.9.0, but has happened in previous versions as well.

[​IMG]
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  15. MSUgEEk

Hmm...what are you using to find that out? I can get back to you with some results later today.
  16. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Looks like all the cool kids are trying out goSMS, I guess I'll give it a shot too. :)
  17. Stigy

BetterBatteryStats -- thanks.

I loved goSMS on my OG Droid -- loved that you could use Emoji. I wish Android would support it by default. Wonder if it has improved since I used it on my Droid -- only one way to find out though.
  18. MSUgEEk

Handcent ftw.
  19. MSUgEEk

Dang, thought it would be a free app :(
  20. Stigy

Its not free? Hmmm I don't remember buying it.

No worries then, posted over at RootzWiki for some support.
  21. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Someone beat me to it (oooohhh, what I Ninja'd?), but I'm using the Otterbox Commuter series case. I wasn't sure about it at first but after dropping Precious twice and it coming out unscathed, I like it. Hopefully this is what you're looking for. Linky.
  22. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

You crazy EEs, always coming up with brilliant ideas that require damaging/removing/reducing well designed structural supports. :rolleyes:

;)
  23. Stigy

24. MSUgEEk

LOL I don't know if I would have to do anything to the plastic/structural part of the phone yet...if I did, I might have to figure out a way to patch it back up with somefiberglass resin or something.
  25. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Oh, I was talking about the case. If you were talking about cutting into the phone, I would have said something other than brilliant to describe the idea ;)