• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Look at the sedio active combo case I have the surface case. And the pins are covered on my case :) and. The active case includes the surface case

I think I looked at that one. Seems like the hard plastic outer shell didn't cover the sides of the phone entirely. That's what I need for my structural support to keep the pogo pins pressed securely against the phone. I like the Otterbox Defender, but I would have to cut a hole in the inner hard shell and the only structural support providing the force to keep pins in contact would be the flexible silicone cover. I think the Commuter will be the best option as I could cut a hole in the inner liner and mount the pins to the outer hard shell.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I have been unable to download anything from my gnex. It will get to 100% but then say it is unsuccessful.

Could I have mounted, or unmounted, something in cwm?

What are you running? Try this:

I made a post about this in XDA. You need to use titanium backup and wipe data for the DownloadManager app. It tries to download the file twice at the same time resulting in an error.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to find a stand alone portable scanner, that will scan multiple documents via a page feed, but does NOT need to be connected to a computer to scan. Ideally, I could plug a thumb drive in, scan documents to the thumb drive, then transfer the scans to the computer when back in the office. Any ideas? Figured I would ask the brain trust here first! :)

Upvote 0
I'm trying to find a stand alone portable scanner, that will scan multiple documents via a page feed, but does NOT need to be connected to a computer to scan. Ideally, I could plug a thumb drive in, scan documents to the thumb drive, then transfer the scans to the computer when back in the office. Any ideas? Figured I would ask the brain trust here first! :)

Would something like this work. http://www.amazon.com/VuPoint-Solutions-Portable-Scanner-PDS-ST410-VP/dp/B002R0BFAA

Reactions: NCTurner
Upvote 0

How about this one?

Doxie Go - Cordless Paper Scanner (DX200)

313MZkQ2qiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Doxie Go scans anywhere - no computer required.
Doxie is a new kind of document scanner that scans paper, photos, and receipts anywhere - no computer required. Just charge it up and turn it on, anywhere - insert your paper, receipts, and photos to scan, archive, and share.

Tiny, fast, and rechargeable.
Why stay tethered to your computer? Doxie's tiny size makes it easy to go anywhere -- it's not much wider than a piece of paper. Scans are stored in memory, then synced to your computer next time you're at your desk. It's fast, and easy.

Create searchable PDFs with ABBYY

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion, but no. I need it to have a sheet feeder in order to do a hundred or so pages per day, in the least amount of time possible.

Spent a few minutes googling this and was only able to come up with Portable Scanner with ADF that connected to PC or ones that would scan to media without ADF. Couldn't find one with both. Sorry:(

Upvote 0
Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Spent a few minutes googling this and was only able to come up with Portable Scanner with ADF that connected to PC or ones that would scan to media without ADF. Couldn't find one with both. Sorry:(

No problem...I appreciate the help! I know it exists (one of my staff members saw it), but not sure of the name/model. She thought it was a Neat Desk, but I don't see how it could be used without a computer.

Amazon.com: NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System: Electronics

Upvote 0
It is. Puts me 24 miles closer to work :)

I'll send you my new address soon. Don't use the one you have.

I kinda figured when you said you hated moving. :D
It looks like it may be the VHS tape that isn't working. :( It won't play on any of our VCR's at home. (Yes, we still have 3 that work). And mine will play my other tapes.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Upvote 0
Have you tried to use ff or rev on the tape? Sometimes it's just a matter of the tape being stuck a bit. You can also depress the recessed lock button on the bottom of the tape and give it a turn by hand. If the problem is a matter of running but no media to be viewed.. ff through a bunch and then rewind. It's an alignment problem with the heads and this often is a remedy.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
I kinda figured when you said you hated moving. :D
It looks like it may be the VHS tape that isn't working. :( It won't play on any of our VCR's at home. (Yes, we still have 3 that work). And mine will play my other tapes.

Any suggestions from anyone?

OH NO! I really should get those transferred to dvd!

Upvote 0
Hey all :D

An update for those of you who care :)

I got two galaxy nexuses (nexi?) sitting on my desk. The bad news is, one has to go back and the one that came in today is a replacement (refurb) which is cool because I expected to be calling in an insurance claim.

The new nexus has already been unlocked, rooted and have CWM recovery. I got the driver issues fixed (I think - will see after a reboot :rolleyes: )

While I am fresh into this "new" device I am in a hacking mood. Wonder if I should flash a rom or radio or something. Off to look :D

Upvote 0
Yay! Glad you are back in business with hacking and flashing

Me too :D

I used my DroidX today while at work and it was sad. Tweetcaster was so slow, I could not use it. I would scroll down, 15 second wait then 3 new tweets would load. The Nexus spoiled me :D

BTW, I used Wugs tools and that seamed to help a bunch. I could have done it manually but with the driver issues I needed all the help I could get

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones