• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

That's a really cool watch. After I busted mine (for the second time) on our honeymoon, I've still been out for a new one. Bought a simple Lacoste one a couple months ago but still on the hunt for a "higher end" watch. Checked out a bunch at the mall on Saturday. Love black bracelet bands (like the one you have). This is the one I'm digging now:
Amazon.com: Citizen Men's AT0815-51E Eco-Drive Sport Chronograph Black Plated Stainless Steel Watch: Citizen: Watches
Wife has a rose gold (apparently all the rage now :rolleyes:) Michael Kors watch. It's really nice and I dig the black ones. Just can't get myself to throw down the coin for it :eek:

I like that one as well. Now the I have a GNex I need to get a new watch too. I currently have a seven year old Citizen Eco-Drive thats getting pretty worn. I only take it off when I go to bed so it gets pretty beat up. I used to replace my watches when the battery died, but this one solar charges through the face and doesn't die. I must say I have never had a problem with it. The only time I have to do anything is on DST or months with less than 31 days.:D

Upvote 0
Check out this awesome watch my even more awesome wife bought me for Valentine's Day :D

Nice watch -- I love skeleton and automatic watches. I'm a watch whore -- I have 12 watches and always looking to buy more.

For those not wanting to spend a lot of money on a good watch that keeps good time, Kenneth Cole watches have really stepped their game up lately. They make skeleton and automatic watches that have the look of an expensive watch and keep just as good time. Highly recommended.

Upvote 0
OK, time to hit my piggy bank again. Thanks svt_geek:D. Methinks I like this one, I'm into simplistic look with my watches.
FS4704_main

Upvote 0
I smoked for a few months so it was easier to quit, but congrats BB on all that.

Me and the lady did V-Day on Saturday because she has class tonight. Still going to make her dinner and give her more candy tonight - I just love giving people presents.

Good morning all!

That sucks man, similar situation here too. We did v-day Saturday because the wife has a school board meeting tonight and won't get home till late. I'll have candy, a card, etc.. for her when she gets home though. I bought her several Pandora charms and gave them to her Saturday.

Upvote 0
Pupakt, love it! Fossil makes some great watches that don't kill the piggy bank too much :D Mind sending me a link to that one, can't seem to find it on Amazon? Only problem I have is I definitely have to get it adjusted (did on my last Invicta). Not a huge deal and the guy at our local watch store did it for just a few bucks.

Well, I guess I'll build up the "effort" to make some nice dinner for the old lady tonight. I haven't cooked at home in months :eek: Stove pilot is still out, damn gas so no baking that can't be done in the toaster oven. I'll pile through some recipes online; feeling like pan frying some fish for her. Looks like a Whole Foods trip is in the making. We have a cool looking Virginia hard cider (big bottle) that my sister in law got for me that would make a lovely pairing. If I get any ideas, I'll be sure to share em! :)

Upvote 0
Well, this one looks simple and easy:
Pan-Roasted Sea Bass with Citrus and Avocado Oil Recipe at Epicurious.com
Think of pairing it with an herbed orzo salad. Should work well with the cider.
Anyone else want to share some menus for their V-Day plans?

Edit: and since I don't want to clog this thread with too many posts, just got notice my bonus went through! Shopping spree for ME coming up!

Upvote 0
Pupakt, love it! Fossil makes some great watches that don't kill the piggy bank too much :D Mind sending me a link to that one, can't seem to find it on Amazon? Only problem I have is I definitely have to get it adjusted (did on my last Invicta). Not a huge deal and the guy at our local watch store did it for just a few bucks.

Well, I guess I'll build up the "effort" to make some nice dinner for the old lady tonight. I haven't cooked at home in months :eek: Stove pilot is still out, damn gas so no baking that can't be done in the toaster oven. I'll pile through some recipes online; feeling like pan frying some fish for her. Looks like a Whole Foods trip is in the making. We have a cool looking Virginia hard cider (big bottle) that my sister in law got for me that would make a lovely pairing. If I get any ideas, I'll be sure to share em! :)

here's the link to the watch (http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/men/watch_collections/machine/machine_stainless_steel_watch_black-fs4704p.html?parent_category_rn=316086&departmentCategoryId=30001&N=0&Ns=p_msc0|0||p_weight|0&pn=c&cm_vc=316098&rec=3&imagePath=FS4704)

I haven't looked around at other sites for it, but $115 from Fossil direct isn't bad.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Well, this one looks simple and easy:
Pan-Roasted Sea Bass with Citrus and Avocado Oil Recipe at Epicurious.com
Think of pairing it with an herbed orzo salad. Should work well with the cider.
Anyone else want to share some menus for their V-Day plans?

Edit: and since I don't want to clog this thread with too many posts, just got notice my bonus went through! Shopping spree for ME coming up!

The lady wants Sloppy Joes tonight so that is what I am going to make for her. I love cooking anyway -- I end up cooking most nights at my apartment.

My bonus gets processed tomorrow -- so excited.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The lady wants Sloppy Joes tonight so that is what I am going to make for her. I love cooking anyway -- I end up cooking most nights at my apartment.

My bonus gets processed tomorrow -- so excited.

Congrats! :D
I eat about 99% vegetarian, haven't had real sloppy joes in ages. With some extra ingredients, hot sauce, these are really great if you ever want to try a veggie option:
Fantastic World Foods

Upvote 0
I love cooking too! I like really starting from scratch with foods. We are going to have our V-Day dinner this weekend. Homemade pulled pork.

I'll start Thursday night with an 8lb pork butt, yellow mustard and my home made rub. Let that sit in the fridge overnight. Friday, I'll fire up the smoker around midnight and throw it in with some hickory chips that really compliment the rub and the pork. I'll get up every 4-6 hours and add more wood chips as needed. ~15 hours later we have dinner for Saturday (maybe longer as it is cold outside).

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I love cooking too! I like really starting from scratch with foods. We are going to have our V-Day dinner this weekend. Homemade pulled pork.

I'll start Thursday night with an 8lb pork butt, yellow mustard and my home made rub. Let that sit in the fridge overnight. Friday, I'll fire up the smoker around midnight and throw it in with some hickory chips that really compliment the rub and the pork. I'll get up every 4-6 hours and add more wood chips as needed. ~15 hours later we have dinner for Saturday (maybe longer as it is cold outside).

Thought I was one of the only guys that liked to cook, lol. Actually asked for a Kitchenaid mixer a year or so ago, lol. I make my own pizza from scratch and a few other things. Love to grill and BBQ too!

Upvote 0

Thought I was one of the only guys that liked to cook, lol. Actually asked for a Kitchenaid mixer a year or so ago, lol. I make my own pizza from scratch and a few other things. Love to grill and BBQ too!

Cooking guys FTW! My girlfriend loves when I cook for her as do my parents and hers. Always whip up fun things with leftovers on Thursday or Friday night and random things in the cabinet.

BTW anyone in here do any Android development? If so I would like to pick your brain about a few things. Just found out today that AF has a Development section too: Application Development - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Cooking guys FTW! My girlfriend loves when I cook for her as do my parents and hers. Always whip up fun things with leftovers on Thursday or Friday night and random things in the cabinet.

Haha, my lady can't cook at all! Lucky for her she has me :rolleyes:
I have a ton of gadgets in the kitchen: Vitaprep blender (BD gift), 6qt Kitchen Aid (grad. present), CuisineArt processor, some beautiful knives, lots of fun chemicals when I'm in the mood for molecular stuff, 2 siphons, lots of large pots etc etc.
What get's the most workout though? The damn coffee maker :(
I need to start cooking at home more.

Upvote 0
BTW anyone in here do any Android development? If so I would like to pick your brain about a few things. Just found out today that AF has a Development section too: Application Development - Android Forums

I don't do Android Development yet but I'm gettin my machine set up for it with a Linux environment. But I might be able to help ya depending on what your question is. I have a real strong coding backround with Java, C, and even assembly. What's your question?? You can shoot me a PM if you want or just ask here.

I have a ton of gadgets in the kitchen: Vitaprep blender (BD gift), 6qt Kitchen Aid (grad. present), CuisineArt processor, some beautiful knives, lots of fun chemicals when I'm in the mood for molecular stuff, 2 siphons, lots of large pots etc etc.

Haha!! Sadly, the utensil that gets the most use in our kitchen is the toaster oven, lol. My wife and I are on the same level when it comes to cooking. She has her specialties that she makes better than me, I have things I make better than her. She's more of the baker, my specialty is the grill/smoker. However, I enjoy making the pizzas.

Upvote 0

I am also in your boat, do 99% of the cooking around the house. I am not a gadget man, but a decent set of pots and pans (Emerilware, great stuff for the money, and made by all-clad), and a decent set of knives (Although I have my eye on building a top notch set of Shun knives here soon). I love using my knives so I rarely break out my processor or mandolin, would rather do it by hand. I have been recently going through all the cookbooks I have, trying to add some recipes to our "favorites" list. So far we have added Shrimp Creole and Chicken Paprikash to our list the past month. Jerk Chicken and a Massaman curry were a flop however.

Upvote 0
I am also in your boat, do 99% of the cooking around the house. I am not a gadget man, but a decent set of pots and pans (Emerilware, great stuff for the money, and made by all-clad), and a decent set of knives (Although I have my eye on building a top notch set of Shun knives here soon). I love using my knives so I rarely break out my processor or mandolin, would rather do it by hand. I have been recently going through all the cookbooks I have, trying to add some recipes to our "favorites" list. So far we have added Shrimp Creole and Chicken Paprikash to our list the past month. Jerk Chicken and a Massaman curry were a flop however.

I have a Shun 10" chef knife I love. They're a great investment. Just like my expensive culinary education, it's not the quality or how much it cost it's what you do with it! :)

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0

Yum! My wife requested beef brisket, smoking/low heat since morning, will serve with coleslaw, fresh sweet corn on the cob, potato salad, bread, and pulled vinegar based bbq'd brisket tonight!

Happy V-Day all <3 !!

Upvote 0
Yum! My wife requested beef brisket, smoking/low heat since morning, will serve with coleslaw, fresh sweet corn on the cob, potato salad, bread, and pulled vinegar based bbq'd brisket tonight!

Happy V-Day all <3 !!

What temp do you smoke your brisket at? I usually run beef around 240 and cook until internal temp of 200. Also, what type of wood do you smoke it with? Its usually apple for me. I also like to cut a pocket in the brisket and stuff it with bacon and onions and "sew" it closed with skewers. Just a few, you don't want to overwhelm the flavor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones