Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

A total of around 240 minutes of actual phone usage in the past couple days. :D

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

You got a bf, you got a bf!! :D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  3. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Night night all
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

5. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Ha I lied I ain't tired no more
    jbdan likes this.
  6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Let me guess....your coding something, some kind of mod for your GN :cool:
  7. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Question for those of you using tapatalk: Can you upload a photo directly from your device to the forum (this one) from the app, or do you still need to upload to like flickr or something and post the link here?
  8. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

U can upload right from tapatalk. ( upload from gallery/camera)
    ajdroidx likes this.
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Good morning everyone. I saw things moved to breakfast conversation yesterday, and didn't even know it. We had breakfast for dinner, pancakes, bacon, eggs, and cheese grits. yum. My kids love breakfast for dinner, they are pancake fanatics. Wish I had some more right now myself.

Talking about screen burn-in, sounds like there would be a market for an app to combat that.

Well, another dreary day here in SE GA, and looks like the weekend is ruined too. I know the rain is near perfect timing for the farmers, but between the cold last weekend, and the rain this weekend, and the kids were off school the whole week, my poor wife is probably going to go bonkers. She left as soon as I got home last night to go to the gym, store, and deliver some arbonne products to people who bought them.
    jbdan likes this.
  10. AntimonyER

Here is a little forum statistic info.

Droid Incredible Lounge:

Time to 7608 posts: 461 days
    Posts in last week: ~ 50

GNex Lounge:

Time to 7608 posts: 72 days
    Posts in last week: ~ 500

We are now about 800 posts from passing the Dinc thread. At the current rate, we will pass them in less than two weeks. Which means it will take us less than three months, to do what it took them almost 2 years...
    jmar, chiph411, jbdan and 3 others like this.
  11. BabyBlues

jmar, chiph411, jbdan and 2 others like this.
  12. BabyBlues

What's funny to me is that I still post in there too.
  13. AntimonyER

Well stop! You're helping the enemy! ;)
    jmar and jbdan like this.
  14. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I've only parsed that thread briefly and looks boring :p
    Anywho, I think we're just a chatty bunch composed of less than 10. BB, jbdan, Antimony, martino, myself and a few others write the majority. But, I like that it's a nice tight family :D
    jmar, jbdan, BabyBlues and 1 other person like this.
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Copacetic likes this.
  16. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Boss is away today....what to do, what to do, lol.

I really want to get started in Android development, Stigy, I know you do a bit as well as blkbelt. I know quite a bit of code and general principles, but know nothing of linux. Where would you two suggest I start? It's quite a bit to take in if I try to tackle it all at once and learn on the go, so I want to start ground up. I guess learn the basics of linux would be best, right?
  17. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Just wanted to share this pic I took with Nessie last week. I was on my way to a CLE, early morning (I am NOT a morning person!), but just had to stop and take this pic. It was still fairly dark, but the GN did a good job of grabbing the data from the darker areas (I used the stock camera app.) For those that say the GN doesn't take good pics....pffft!

[​IMG]
    jmar, chiph411, ajdroidx and 11 others like this.
  18. BabyBlues

You know we've all done it at least once:

[​IMG]
  19. breadnatty08

Great shot, NCTurner!
    As much flack as the Nexus get's for its camera, I think it's just fine. I'm a complete photo buff (use a Cannon G10 as my main rig, nothing fancy but doesn't break the bank), and if I want something for posterity, I'll use it. If I want something to share with friends (on the fly no less), I'll use the Nexus. Anything is better than the crap cameras on Motos. If/when Google decides to use them for the next Nexus (which I really hope they do), I would love for them to spend the time Nokia and Apple puts it on their cameras.
    jmar and NCTurner like this.
  20. breadnatty08

BB, have you flashed the .4 radios yet? I have and am not seeing a huge difference. I am in a great service area, but wife's Bionic consistently get's better service (though, granted, she does have more frequently dropped service. Haven't upgraded her radios since it's rooted and not as easy as an unlocked phone)
  21. BabyBlues

Nope. I haven't. I really can't complain about my signal so I have been holding off.
  22. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Thanks Pupkact, I have done that already but it did not change threading in the gmail app on the Gnex, only on the gmail web page. BB may be right, maybe it's not possible in the Android App.
  23. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

OK, I'll dig some more :D
  24. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Nothing like breakfast for dinner....absolutely friggen love it!
  25. breadnatty08

I'm a huge fan of the show Scrubs (RIP one of the best on tv). In one of the episodes, for their anniversary, the husband implores the wife to make "brinner" (breakfast for dinner). Funny stuff. Huge fan myself.
    AntimonyER and jbdan like this.