• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Anyone have any idea why my gnex just signed me out of my Google account? Phone was sitting here doing nothing and when I checked the time it told me "sign in error" touch to sign into account. Earlier today I checked my gmail no problems.

I've had this happen before, not with the GNex but on older phones, and I never figured it out. I think it is just kind of an Android brain cramp:(. I usually just check my gmail account from my PC to make sure everything is OK there to satisfy my paranoia:D

Upvote 0
They offered a refurb Nexus. Having already tried two handsets, I'm not sure if a 3rd would be the miracle cure.

I want to believe that it's either a network or account-based issue which could be fixed by Verizon/Samsung. My concern isn't that it can't be fixed so much as whether it will be fixed and more importantly, when.

While I was not excited at all about getting a refurb, I did agree to it, and I've got to say, this one is miles better than the new phone I got previously. No way to tell this one wasn't new.

Anyway, knocking on wood still, but so far I've not had the dropped audio on this phone at all (and I use it quite often as a phone - sometimes 30 or more calls in a day.) I've had it for more than 2 weeks. It also seems to do a much better job of reading my NFC tags, than the last one, too. I'm pleased that I got THIS replacement refurb (had bad luck with one for my DX.) You might want to have them send you replacement phones until they give you one that doesn't have that problem. It's WELL worth it, in my opinion! :D

Upvote 0
While I was not excited at all about getting a refurb, I did agree to it, and I've got to say, this one is miles better than the new phone I got previously. No way to tell this one wasn't new.

Anyway, knocking on wood still, but so far I've not had the dropped audio on this phone at all (and I use it quite often as a phone - sometimes 30 or more calls in a day.) I've had it for more than 2 weeks. It also seems to do a much better job of reading my NFC tags, than the last one, too. I'm pleased that I got THIS replacement refurb (had bad luck with one for my DX.) You might want to have them send you replacement phones until they give you one that doesn't have that problem. It's WELL worth it, in my opinion! :D

Thanks for the update! I'm updating the one-way audio thread with my experience with Verizon tech support. The short version is: they are sending me a replacement phone as well. I hope my experience is as positive as yours!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, could you post your baseband and kernel versions? I'm curious to know if there's any noticeable difference between non-working and (presumed) working handsets. Of course I know that ultimately I'm just grasping for straws at this point...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, could you post your baseband and kernel versions? I'm curious to know if there's any noticeable difference between non-working and (presumed) working handsets. Of course I know that ultimately I'm just grasping for straws at this point...

Sure, they are:

baseband: 1515.09V.EK05 / 1515.EK02
Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611
android-build@apa28#1

By the way, I did get a new sim card too, with this refurb phone (I insisted on it....they sent with no problem.)

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Lucky Armpit
Upvote 0
Sure, they are:

baseband: 1515.09V.EK05 / 1515.EK02
Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611
android-build@apa28#1

By the way, I did get a new sim card too, with this refurb phone (I insisted on it....they sent with no problem.)

Hope that helps!

I posted this in the other thread, but wanted to drop this in here as well for direct comparison. This is from my existing phone (replacement on the way).

Baseband: I515.09 V.EK05 / I515.EK02
Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611 android-build@apa28 #1
Build number: ICL53F

Upvote 0
Good morning all.

Good news for me this morning -- my app got approved in the Blackberry App World! Hopefully getting my Playbook sometime in the next week or two. Just waiting for Admob to support/serve Blackberry ads so that I can release a free version. Buy WWPP Calculator and Tracker Pro - Download WWPP Calculator and Tracker Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Also broke 130,000 total downloads of the Android version, check it out here if interested -- and to think this started of as a favor for my Dad's girlfriend. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mattdonders.android.wppcalculator

Upvote 0
Good morning all.

Good news for me this morning -- my app got approved in the Blackberry App World! Hopefully getting my Playbook sometime in the next week or two. Just waiting for Admob to support/serve Blackberry ads so that I can release a free version. Buy WWPP Calculator and Tracker Pro - Download WWPP Calculator and Tracker Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Also broke 130,000 total downloads of the Android version, check it out here if interested -- and to think this started of as a favor for my Dad's girlfriend. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mattdonders.android.wppcalculator

Crap, I forgot all about that. When does that promo end? I've got one in the Marketplace I could submit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones