Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven On to Seattle... Moderator

I've had this happen before, not with the GNex but on older phones, and I never figured it out. I think it is just kind of an Android brain cramp:(. I usually just check my gmail account from my PC to make sure everything is OK there to satisfy my paranoia:D
  2. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Morning nexicans
    jmar likes this.
  3. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

While I was not excited at all about getting a refurb, I did agree to it, and I've got to say, this one is miles better than the new phone I got previously. No way to tell this one wasn't new.

Anyway, knocking on wood still, but so far I've not had the dropped audio on this phone at all (and I use it quite often as a phone - sometimes 30 or more calls in a day.) I've had it for more than 2 weeks. It also seems to do a much better job of reading my NFC tags, than the last one, too. I'm pleased that I got THIS replacement refurb (had bad luck with one for my DX.) You might want to have them send you replacement phones until they give you one that doesn't have that problem. It's WELL worth it, in my opinion! :D
  4. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update! I'm updating the one-way audio thread with my experience with Verizon tech support. The short version is: they are sending me a replacement phone as well. I hope my experience is as positive as yours!
  5. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, could you post your baseband and kernel versions? I'm curious to know if there's any noticeable difference between non-working and (presumed) working handsets. Of course I know that ultimately I'm just grasping for straws at this point...
  6. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Sure, they are:

baseband: 1515.09V.EK05 / 1515.EK02
    Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611
    android-build@apa28#1

By the way, I did get a new sim card too, with this refurb phone (I insisted on it....they sent with no problem.)

Hope that helps!
    Lucky Armpit likes this.
  7. Lucky Armpit

EarlyMon, jbdan and jmar like this.
  8. Lucky Armpit

I posted this in the other thread, but wanted to drop this in here as well for direct comparison. This is from my existing phone (replacement on the way).

Baseband: I515.09 V.EK05 / I515.EK02
    Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611 android-build@apa28 #1
    Build number: ICL53F
  9. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

How about date of manufacture too?
  10. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning all.

Good news for me this morning -- my app got approved in the Blackberry App World! Hopefully getting my Playbook sometime in the next week or two. Just waiting for Admob to support/serve Blackberry ads so that I can release a free version. Buy WWPP Calculator and Tracker Pro - Download WWPP Calculator and Tracker Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Also broke 130,000 total downloads of the Android version, check it out here if interested -- and to think this started of as a favor for my Dad's girlfriend. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mattdonders.android.wppcalculator
    ryancmatchett, NCTurner and jbdan like this.
  11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Congrats Stigy!!!
  12. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Crap, I forgot all about that. When does that promo end? I've got one in the Marketplace I could submit.
  13. Lucky Armpit

14. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Thank ya!

You needed to register as a vendor/developer by the 15th of February.

Then need to submit a Playbook 2.0 targeted app by March 3rd I believe.
  15. blkbeltkid17

Idk about you guys but it has been an amazing day for me... Got a lot of good news
    Stigy, jbdan and Unforgiven like this.
  16. IHateMyTreo

Lucky Armpit likes this.
  17. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

And it wasn't even noon yet....you gonna leave us all hanging?
  18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

+1 do tell young padewan!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  19. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I just experienced the dissappointment of turning back around to my desk and reaching for my Dr. Pepper only to remember I finished the last of it about 5 minutes ago and had forgotten I had thrown it away. :(
    BabyBlues and jbdan like this.
  20. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

rofl! umm that is hilarious
  21. Lucky Armpit

22. blkbeltkid17

I got good news about dad and his extra tests and some other things that I am not gonna talk about publicly
    jmar, EarlyMon, chiph411 and 5 others like this.
  23. IHateMyTreo

Thanks. Just curious to know if there any January builds out there and if the 1-way audio or radio issues changed with newer builds. Hopefully yours is issue-free.
  24. IHateMyTreo

Now THAT's what's important.
    blkbeltkid17 likes this.
  25. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Dial *#*#786#*#* then look down under reconditioned status to see if yours is new or reconditioned. My replacement handset says new.
    NCTurner likes this.