Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Hopefully this is the answer and fixes the issue.

Hate to see someone having to return a phone for no reason and get a Certified / Like New device when it wasn't actually a phone problem. :)
  2. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no. The first time it was just sitting on my desk, the 2nd time was while typing an email, and the 3rd time was 30 seconds after reboot. Each time it happened, the phone was not connected to anything. Good thought, though.
  3. Stigy

D'oh - never that easy.

And you are not restoring Titanium Backups or anything? These are just fresh out of the box installs while its happening?
  4. Lucky Armpit

That's okay. :) I appreciate the suggestions.

No, I don't even have Titanium Backup installed (I'm not rooted/unlocked... 100% stock). I took it out of the box yesterday and it wasn't powered on for 30 minutes when it happened. I didn't install anything I didn't already have, and even then, it didn't restore all of my apps.
  5. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Trying to connect to my office router. My office workstation is on a static IP address. However, my phone connects to that same IP address, causing major problems on my desktop (constantly loses connection.) I tried to change Nessie to connect to a different IP address, but I never get the "connect" button to change from gray, thereby not allowing me to click it.

To do this, I changed "DHCP" to 'static', and after I changed the various settings there (IP address, gateway, etc etc.) the 'connect' stayed grayed out. Note: I'm not sure what the "network prefix length' is supposed to be...it is set at 24 and I didn't change that.

Help? Thanks!
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Have you checked with your network guys to make sure the IP address you are using isn't already assigned to another machine. I think you may be knocking one of your coworkers off the network like you were your own machine. They may not be too happy with that:D
    NCTurner likes this.
  7. Lucky Armpit

Ninja'ed... pupkact is correct. If you are just typing in a random IP address, it's a good possibility that it's already in use and that's why you can't get connected to the outside world.

If I may be so bold to suggest there may be a potential problem with the way your office network and/or your workstation is configured? If your office router is set to pass out IP addresses via DHCP, it shouldn't be passing out an address that's already in use. In other words, it sounds like your workstation has a static IP address that's within the DHCP pool, and since your phone just happened to pick up that address, that's the only way you knew there was a conflict. I have no idea how your network is configured so that's just rumor, speculation, and the troubleshooter coming out in me. At any rate, like pupkact suggested, you might want to bring it to the attention of your network guys.
    NCTurner likes this.
  8. Stigy

BOOM - so stoked!

[​IMG]
  9. Lucky Armpit

Great! Congrats! <insert clapping emoticon here>
    Stigy likes this.
  10. NCTurner

LOL...yeah, checked that. (everyone is on DHCP except me, and I do that for remote purposes.) Everyone is on a lower IP address. Regardless, I don't understand why my phone won't allow me to even push the 'connect' button? (it has no knowledge of whether that IP address is being used already or not at that phase.)
  11. Unforgiven

Wouldn't this be a great stat on the left:D. Like thanks and thanked, ninja's and ninja'd:p
    Lucky Armpit likes this.
  12. NCTurner

I'm not just typing in a random IP address. :)

My wireless router is attached directly to my modem for internet access (thereby not allowing wireless connections that go on the network / domain side.) I also have a combo DSL modem/router, which is what all of my systems are connected to. The wireless is turned OFF on the modem/router combo. My desktop is connecting at 192.168.1.81, but it is to the wired IP address. My phone is also connecting to that, but via wireless. To be clear, before I connect my phone to my network, all of the above works flawlessly. However, when I allow Nessie to connect to my wireless, my desktop starts losing connectivity. Just an FYI, this is my office, my business, so I can do what I want...lol. I just want it to work.
    Lucky Armpit likes this.
  13. Unforgiven

Now that is a mouthful:eek:. Let me digest all that and get back to you.
    NCTurner likes this.
  14. Unforgiven

Once again, had to go to the phone to see the image:mad:. Congratulations Stigy!!
    Stigy likes this.
  15. Lucky Armpit

Okay cool, thanks for the clarification. I didn't want to come off as haughty, snooty, condescending, etc., as I didn't know the particulars. I just want to try to help, and as you know, tone is very hard to convey online. Thanks for not misunderstanding my previous post. :)

I'm trying to visualize your setup... so your wireless router is physcially connected to your DSL modem/router, as are your workstations. The wireless router is configured to allow Internet connectivity ONLY, hence the reason for the setup. Is that correct? If so, I'm wondering if the wireless network feature of your DSL modem/router got accidentally turned on? That could explain why Nessie is butting heads with your workstation...
    NCTurner likes this.
  16. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I am backkkkkk woo
    I have been working hard on my kernel and now a 4.0.3 rom
    How is everybody I have missed you guys
    Unforgiven likes this.
  17. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Over the weekend for entertainment to the ailing people in the Lounge, I posted the "You're Having a Bad Day?" anecdotes.

Well, here's one "ripped from the headlines" and just off the ABC news wire. I just LOVE it when the bad guys get it in the end... (see the red section).

An alleged Iranian hit squad used $27 portable radios to hide at least five bombs that Israeli and American authorities say they intended to use against Israeli targets in Bangkok, Thailand.

Exclusive photos of one undetonated bomb, obtained by ABC News, show the inside of the radio packed with tiny ball bearings and six magnets. Bomb experts say the magnets indicate the bomb was designed to be stuck to the side of a vehicle.

A surveillance photo of one of the alleged hit squad members, identified as an Iranian national named Saeid Moradi, shows him holding a radio in each hand.

According to authorities, a bomb exploded in the Bangkok house where Moradi and two other Iranians had been staying. After the blast, Moradi attempted to hail a cab. When the driver refused to pick him up, he allegedly threw a bomb, injuring four bystanders.

When police approached, Moradi allegedly threw another bomb, but lost both of his legs when it bounced back and exploded near him, according to Thai authorities. He was arrested following the incident and remains in custody in Thailand.

After the attack, police say they discovered two unexploded bombs in the house where Moradi and the other Iranians had been staying, including the one shown in the photos.

The authorities in Bangkok say they recovered more than a pound of white military explosive from one unexploded bomb that they said was to be detonated with an M26 hand grenade fuse. The photos show a pin that when pulled, authorities said, would trigger an explosion about four and a half seconds after it was pulled.

Israeli authorities and U.S. bomb experts say the bomb in the photos is strikingly similar to those used in other attacks last week in the republic of Georgia and India. "While there are small differences," said one U.S. expert, "they appear to be factory made."

Multiple authorities told ABC News the devices were either slipped through airport security or smuggled in a diplomatic pouch.

A magnetic bomb was discovered attached to the car of an Israeli diplomat in Tbilisi, Georgia and a similar device was believed responsible for the attack in New Delhi, which injured the wife of an Israeli diplomat, her driver and two passing motorists.

Iran has denied any connection with the arrests in Bangkok or to the other attacks.
    blkbeltkid17 and Unforgiven like this.
  18. Unforgiven

If his summary is correct, don't you need a bridge to connect two networks? I am pretty good with settings for an individual lan, but I don't have any experience connecting one machine on multiple IP schemes which seems like what you are doing with your work PC. Once hardwired, another with the DSL modem, and once with the wireless router.
  19. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Haha! way to go! Darwin award honorable mention! Too bad it wasn't a full one.
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  20. blkbeltkid17

Karma is a b***h lol
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Just gotta say, saw the brisk commercial with yoda and darth maul, and never again will I be able to see yoda without thinking Steven.
    jmar likes this.
  22. Unforgiven

I know I mentioned earlier that I wanted a new stat on the left. I can think of one that I'm glad is not over there, the report button. I know that that button is what makes AF the best on the web. I'm just kind of glad that the number isn't reported over there.:D
  23. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Dude!!!!!!!! Can you please send me your kernel. You know in am comfortable with stuff that isn't 100% from our days in the Incredible Root Forums.......please?

Missed you, too. How is your father?
  24. blkbeltkid17

PM me your email dude and all is good... Although I sometimes think he is a bigger drama queen then BabyBlues haha
    jmar likes this.
  25. blkbeltkid17

K do you have the capability to compile a kernel or do I need to send you a zip compiled kernel