Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Evening all!
    Unforgiven likes this.
  2. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Got my replacement Nexus today. It was born on 12/3/11. I'll post the other specs when I activate it.
    jmar and Unforgiven like this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Really nice shot, NC!!
    NCTurner likes this.
  4. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

ryancmatchett and Unforgiven like this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

It sucks when your ethics and your emotions are in conflict:(. I will go with my ethics everytime but it sucks. Enough said.
  6. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Evening everyone!
    Congrats. :)
    Hmm, cool! Setting the oven to preheat so that it's ready to have something put in by the time I get home could be cool, or making sure it's off when I get that nagging feeling I've forgotten something after I leave.

Hey pupkact, are you a member of our AndroidForums Boston group?
    Unforgiven likes this.
  7. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you're in turmoil.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  8. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

9. Unforgiven

Not in turmoil. I know I did the right thing. Just isn't fun. It's AF related so that is the last I will say about it. Just wanted to vent a bit among friends.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  10. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Evening all how are my nexican doing
  11. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

12. blkbeltkid17

Hey hey how you doing man
  13. MSUgEEk

Inductive charging mod project to my Otterbox Commuter case coming along nicely so far.

Attached Files:

jbdan likes this.
  14. blkbeltkid17

How are you doing
  15. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Great my man how art thou?

Modding ftw! sweet!
  16. Unforgiven

Half of my concern is OK, the other half I will never know about which is probably a good thing. Let's get back to non venting subjects.
  17. MSUgEEk

18. Unforgiven

blkbltkid17, I'm like to ask a few questions based on your screen name. My 4yr old is currently a yellow belt ready to go on orange in Kempo. If you want to answer in PM, that's OK.

What discipline?

What age did you start?

Would you change discipline if you could?

Did you do the "show" team (I'm not sure what its called)?

If you did, is it worth it?

He loves his karate class. I just want to know if I have him in the right discipline and whether I should get him on the demo team (you have three years to answer, he can't join until he is seven).
  19. MSUgEEk

Anyone still up?
  20. ajdroidx

Yeah, sort of :eek:

If you want to know why, mostly caffeine intake and planning on doing some minor upgrades to my laptop and perhaps help my sister with some tinkering with hers.

She likes her Acer but the bloat and nagging she is ready to buy a full version of windows and a new hard drive (so we can keep the old drive just in case). Her computer gives me windows rage :eek: (so does my desktop).

She is thinking about an SSD drive, I got a 128gig sitting around but I may put it in my laptop and order another for her or perhaps she will get a 7200 rpm 500-750 HDD. Not sure yet. Also double down on her ram and mine.
  21. MSUgEEk

Ahh... I put a 64GB SSD as my OS only drive on my desktop. Works great. Re-linked all the My Documents type folders to another secondary drive which is a 1TB HDD. Have both split into 2 partitions with 3/4 of the space for Windows 7 and it's storage as it will be the main OS due to Photoshop and such and then the other 1/4 of each for Ubuntu OS on the SSD and storage on the HDD. Love it so far. Boots in about 10 seconds to login screen and login is almost instant. Also install main programs like Chrome, Lightroom, Photoshop on the SSD for fast load times.
  22. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I've been running SSD's in my desktop for a little over a year now (Crucial M4 atm). Along with a 1TB HDD. I can't imagine ever going back to a HDD for the OS and my main programs. Working on PC's for clients during the day is oh so painful :p

I have had one fail on me though...was an earlier generation drive (Corsair Force series). Just got a new one free in return good customer service!
  23. MSUgEEk

I'm rocking the same setup :) Crucial M4! Very nice SSD experience so far.
  24. ajdroidx

I think we will doing her laptop first. 128gb crucial m4 ssd firmware 9 with a fresh copy of windows 7 64bit. Hope most of the drivers are automatic since this is a pre built laptop. Aurgh I hate the bloat. I should have bought her the dang MacBook pro I was thinking about when I got the Acer for her but she said she preferred windows. I'm looking to ditch windows :eek:

When I installed the ssd in my desktop and installed windows 7 64bit the install was fine but updates to sp1 would not take. Kept downloading on exit and failing to install on boot. Could have been my motherboard or BIOS setting. Hope the SSD is not junk

My MacBook pro needs a bit more prep to it and I am unsure what direction I want to take.