Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't so annoying when it happens, I'd laugh at the absurdity of the situation.

Advertisement
  2. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Thank you so much BB. I have always been reluctant to put my son's face out on the net but I have come to trust this place to such an extent that I found it too overwhelming to hold back from sharing with my peoples. He is currently napping for which I am very grateful (he is teething hard; molars and whatnot).

Daddy is kickin' it right now, resisting a fresh flash of something. I love my setup right now and I am really only missing notification pane toggles. I tried a couple third party apps some had suggested but it wasn't at all like it is in Roman's AOKP. I know I can nandroid and whatnot but I am not sure if Wallet has been "fixed" so that I can keep my balance (less than 10 bucks, mind you) if going to a different ROM.

Twiddles thumbs. :)
    Unforgiven likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I assume I'll actually get to see your photo when I get home:D
    jmar likes this.
  4. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Any suggestions for a good, cheap router?
  5. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

6. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hard for me to read that iPhones "just work." Not an iPhone hater but I know iPhone users that didn't even know it had a "multitasking" feature. Loved Android for its ease of use before my Nexus. Now it all is that much better! :)
    halon likes this.
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

halon likes this.
  8. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

I agree with him. My girlfriend is a Graphic Design major who's going to be buying a smartphone in the next month. I'm going to recommend the iPhone. She doesn't care about rooting, setting it up her way, or any openness. The main thing she needs is something that will communicate quickly and easily and work well in a Mac driven environment.
  9. Unforgiven

I totally agree. I am an Android enthusiast, but if it isn't right for the person, it isn't. I'd rather see someone happy with an iPhone than tolerating an Android phone.
    NCTurner likes this.
  10. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues with Nova 1.0? I downloaded and installed, but am unable to select it as my default launcher! Tried when it first downloaded, and also checked in Nova Settings - under "Set Default Home", Nova isn't there as an option to choose! :( Anyone have suggestions?

EDIT: Weird, works now. Never mind. :eek:
  11. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

How are you liking it? Did you get Prime? I am loving it.
  12. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I feel like I should hang my head and be banished to the corner. I haven't upgraded anything for Nyxie recently. :eek:
  13. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I got the 13" base model since it was pretty much an experiment :)
  14. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

I'm just about done setting up my 3rd Galaxy Nexus. I have to say, I'm more than a little disappointed in what seems to be poor quality control. This 3rd phone (my 2nd replacement) didn't ask me to activate it. I wiped it just to make sure, but it still didn't ask me upon initial bootup. I manually added my Google account and it restored all of my contacts but I had to go out and manually download all of my apps. And why aren't all of my apps listed on the Market? I find it strange that one replacement phone went through the normal activation process and auto-downloaded every single contact, app, (even my wallpaper and owner information) but this one didn't. Not a big deal, but strange.

Also, the brightness on this phone seems a lot dimmer than on my original phone. I downloaded an app to correct this (haven't played with it yet) but again, why are the three phones different?

Are there that many differences in manufacturing? Is Samsung and/or Verizon quality control that bad? I understand that none of these issues that prevented me from using the phone. But it's the principle of the thing... if you make 100,000 of something, I expect them to be as close to identical as possible.

All of my "stats" such as the baseband, etc., are all identical to the other two phones. The only advantage I've noticed is that this phone boots a lot faster than the other two. Not like the others booted slowly, but this one boots in what seems to be several seconds quicker. I'll let you all know about my one-way audio issues. Honestly, I don't want to get another phone (I don't like the Razr Maxx), but I need a phone that operates, well, like a phone. If someone like Google or Verizon would just acknowledge that yes, there's a problem and we're going to fix it with a software update, I'd live with the problem. But the fact that no one has stepped forward and admitted there's an issue concerns me that it won't ever get officially fixed.

So don't mind me while I complain, piss/moan, kvetch, whine, etc., about what's becoming a love/hate relationship with my Nexus. :rolleyes:
  15. BabyBlues

Complain, piss/moan, kvetch, whine and anything else that makes you feel better - we're not going anywhere and will listen. :)
    Lucky Armpit and Unforgiven like this.
  16. Unforgiven

Hey, they put up with me.:D
  17. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Finished my Palm Touchstone charger Otterbox Commuter case mod tonight. :D

Attached Files:

Lucky Armpit and BabyBlues like this.
  18. MSUgEEk

While we're all pissing and moaning (strange combination don't you think?) I'd like to state that the place I work for is run by idiots. I just had to call my boss and have him call and wake up someone else so we can all come in and work for about 30 minutes on something and then go back home. Apparently they had to have something done right this moment instead of waiting till morning.
  19. Unforgiven

In the spirit of this, I am working on something very important at work (60% of our annual revenue) that needs regulatory approval worth about $17 million annually. The site that they have set up has zero feedback and it used to. I have been asking for two weeks if I'm OK to proceed because what I have submitted so far I have heard nothing about. Today I find out that my stuff was approved ten minutes after I sent it in. If I was only smart enough to click 17 non intuitive links (nevermind someone answering voice mail or email) I would have known that I could have moved on. When I did this last year, I couldn't edit my data without getting an email letting me know. WTF.
  20. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

i need some help guys. how do you handle the group messages. i get them all the time, and i know they're group messages because they come as pix messages, but i don't see the other receipients and don't know how to reply all. and then i get replies to the group message from other receipients. using the stock mms app. shouldn't this be like a basic function for a smartphnone?
  21. MSUgEEk

Frustrating isn't it. We try to automate things to the point where we don't waste time sending e-mails, making phones calls, etc when in the end, it would've saved time and money to have just had someone make a simple phone call, lol.
  22. BabyBlues

They're from iPhones 99.9% of the time. I handle it by pissing and moaning on Facebook. Haven't gotten one in a while. :D
    I don't know that there is a solution though.
    mistermojorizi likes this.
  23. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I got a confession for you... my first nexus I had a love / hate relationship with myself. SERIOUSLY thought about paying for the razr maxx and actually had two on order but the internet crashed right as we submitted the order. The second one is a bit more of a battery hog, has banding on some screens my data sucked today but I think I have just numbed up to it.

My sister now has her own gnex. Not sure if she is having issues or just less discriminating then those of us who waited for so long.

Since I switched numbers, the phone I swapped with had a year left. Now my Nexus has LESS then a year left on that number.

Apple has a SERIOUS chance of winning me over with the next iPhone. And don't even get me started on my 4g Xoom :mad:

I have been using android phones since the G1 on t-mobile
  24. MSUgEEk

I get that occasionally too, pisses me off, lol. I think it's mostly from iPhone users and I think sometimes it depends on what carrier it comes from too as to how your phone interprets it. No fix as far as I know. I always text them and ask them not to include me on group texts anymore.
    mistermojorizi likes this.