Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Evening all! Lucky I also noticed difference in quality control between my two phones, you are not alone in your observations, here is hoping this one will work good as a phone! On your market issue, when I first got my replacement, it loaded everything flawlessly. However, when I unlocked and rooted, it reloaded nothing and acted similar to how you described yours. I am not sure why, but even though it was the same handset, it behaved two different ways. On a positive note, I have not had the one way audio issue for almost two weeks; of course I still don't trust it but I can hope!

Advertisement
  2. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Anyone else had issues with pictures you send to Sprint phones via mms taking several days to get there on occasion?
  3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Man, I feel like an idiot. Dug through tons of information trying to find something that would allow us to install a piece of conduit longer than 72" but couldn't find it. Looked everywhere. Started writing an exception that would allow us to which required my boss's signature who was at home asleep. Called him in to tell him they wanted it done now so he drove in and we start working on it. During the process of gathering bits and pieces for the exception, we find the piece of information we needed that negated us having to write the exception in the first place.

Woke my boss up and had him drive near an hour to come in for 10 minutes and find that. No way I would have known to look there because I never do that kind of work, the electrical half of our group does that and I'm in instrumentation and controls, but I was the only one here so I had to do it. Felt so stupid.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  4. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

they don't bother me. android bothers me. because that's a super useful feature and i'm not being able to take advantage of it.
  5. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

[​IMG]

EDIT: This is Lean Kernel 2.1.0 at 350/1200 interactivex.
  6. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

I didn't know you worked for the US Government :-|
  7. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Slow night in here?
  8. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

CM9 nightlies for our lil buddy are up. Anyone jumping ship from their current rom to try it out? http://get.cm/

I just got Black Ice up and running and am loving it. Might hold off for a lil bit.
    jbdan likes this.
  9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Hmm, I might give it a shot tomorrow. Was looking into rooting my Prime yesterday, but I guess I'll give it some more time. I guess Asus finally unlocked the bootloader on it so I'm hoping some fun ROMs will be showing up soon.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen this video, it's both hilarious and horrific at the same time. It'll probably give you a laugh either way. :D
    6 year old BEAUTY QUEEN - YouTube
    (and for all those parents out there, please don't do this to your kids :rolleyes:)
  10. sgrinavi

sgrinavi Well-Known Member

Anyone else get a phone call from VZW for a Gnex user survey ? It was about 15 minutes and they asked about all the common problems that have been reported.
  11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

The sad thing is he probably doesn't, but there are so many regulations affecting every aspect of business nowadays, this sort of thing is common anywhere you go. I was recently a part of a material certification for a thermal protection barrier, took a year and a half, and 2 million dollars, just to certify the material. Then you have to redo it all to certify the application. Its ridiculous.
  12. AntimonyER

Haven't got it, but am pleased to hear about it... First time I have ever heard about a user survey asking about problems...
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Quick question. I'm a little stupid when it comes to Light Flow. How do I disable the LED when the screen is on?
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Government, yes, different level:p
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  15. Unforgiven

I can't find a setting for that. Mine doesn't work if the screen is on. Email the dev, he is very friendly. I've emailed him before and had a response within a few minutse.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  16. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

ROFL! Been there, done that!

I actually had a Naval Officer call me because his computer wouldn't turn on. Turns out he had the computer plugged into a power strip, which was then plugged into itself :rolleyes:
  17. AntimonyER

LOL. Probably an admiral too. ;)
  18. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Actually a Lieutenant... but I have Commodore/Admiral stories that would have you in tears :D
    AntimonyER and ryancmatchett like this.
  19. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

No, but I'd love it if they would call me. I've got several things I could mention. ;)

And everyone, thanks for listening to me bitch. I'm still a little frustrated at the whole situation. I understand nothing is perfect but the variances in manufacturing/assembly/etc. should not be this wide for a $300 device. This is like the drama with my Galaxy Tab 10.1 all over again. Here's to hoping it fixes the one-way audio issue!
  20. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning all!

Might jump ship to CM9 tonight after work. Depends how busy I get at work today, if not terribly busy I will do it today.
  21. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Chief, are you actually teasing us? C'mon, we're your AF buddies.

Share!

Who wants to hear a story from the Chief? :)
  22. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

morning all....TGIF!!!
    So I finally got to order our new home PC system this morning, will be here Wednesday. We have been without a home workstation for about a month, so REALLY anxious to get it going again. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!
  23. Unforgiven

I haven't turned on my home PC in like two years. I actually gave my sisters boyfriend one of my OG Droids so he could learn. He is a linux guru and wants to learn Android. He is going to set up my PC with a good distro (to get me going) with a network attached storage for all our laptops to be able to have central photo storage.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  24. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I do I do!!!
  25. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Wanted to run an idea by you guys before I started coding. I was reading Reddit this morning and someone had said their niece had gotten into a car accident and went scrambling through her glove box for an index card to take down the driver's info and couldn't find anything. Also took her forever to find her information.

What do you think about an application that lets you enter information for a car accident? Most of us drive so even though we don't ever want to use this it might be useful to have it on our phone just in case.

You could enter all relevant accident information:
    Basic Info: Date, Time, Location, Weather
    Car Info: Make, Model, VIN, etc
    Driver Info: Name, Address, Phone, etc
    Insurance Info
    Police Report Info

Then you could save this information on your phone and/or email it to yourself for later review and record keeping. Maybe incorporate some Beam technology (just to learn) so you can store your info in the phone and if their phone supports NFC beam them your info into the app (maybe, just thinking).

What are your thoughts? Would you use it / keep it on your phone just in case?
    ryancmatchett likes this.