Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

That's really cool! I could probably spend hours looking at the art and fun stuff you guys have. I should go to museums - I like looking at fun artsy stuff.

I got a mini nerdgasm reading that. Sounds so cool.

Stigy and EarlyMon like this.
  2. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

I received my replacement phone today. Right off the bat, I can tell the display has that reddish hue... almost as bad as that first replacement device. I checked the born-on date and this one was made on 11/23/11. As I thought, right around the same time as my original and all the others. Not sure if Samsung has production runs but it appears this one was crap. :mad: I took a screenshot of the two screens but interestingly enough, nothing happens when I plug the USB cable into the new phone. I'm using the cable that came with it. It will charge when I plug the cable into the charger, so the port isn't bad. Moved it to another computer, same thing. The original phone mounts fine when I plug it in, so it's not the cable.

Needless to say, Verizon is about to get a phone call from me.

What do the Nexus gods require of me? Blood sacrifice? My dog? Swearing off beer for a week?
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I've got to tell you, this was cool. I've had $300 remotes before, but this is the best. I literally just hooked it to my PC, entered my Man / Model and it set up activities for me and configured my remotes. It is stupid simple. Somehow, it knows whether the device is on or not (or sends commands that the native remote cannot like if your on, do this, if your not on, turn on then do this). I think this remote may be smarter than my phone. I am really impressed so far. I'll report back as I use it more. Now to my homework.;);)
    EarlyMon likes this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

WOW - New Guides! :D

Congratulations BabyBlues and Pupkact!

The day is coming soon when everyone here will either be red, green or gold :)

WOO HOO!

EDIT: I had to send our Harmony One remote back. It's great for basic tasks and I highly recommend it for the casual user. But with a 3D system, there's just too much that it cannot do; ergo we were always using the other remotes anyway.

Glad it works out for you, though :)
    Unforgiven, BabyBlues and EarlyMon like this.
  5. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

:eek: Surely even the Nexus gods wouldn't be that cruel!!
  6. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Agreed -- they know how delicious beer is. They wouldn't wish that upon anyone.
    Lucky Armpit and EarlyMon like this.
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Glad you liked it. I messed up, his visor is in 3 parts, the middle part is a grill. I'll try to post a bit more of the stuff around the house, from time to time. :)

+ 1

Halon - that sloth video was full of win!!

Lucky Armpit - I haz such a big sad for you. I have had to return phones, it's made me crazy. You're made of tough stuff, I wouldn't have been able to maintain. I know that I am not alone saying that I am pulling for you!

Chief - Exactly! :)
  8. Unforgiven

So far so good, I can get to all settings so far. I don't mind having to grab the native remote once in a while, but we were at the point where we needed three for almost any change. Blue-Ray is 3D but the TV isn't. Plus I'm not big into 3D. HD is for sports, surround sound is for movies. I have yet to see it differently (although watching Top Gun in HD with dolby 5.1 was way cool:D).
    The_Chief likes this.
  9. BabyBlues

I wanna watch it in HD with dolby 5.1 *pouty face*
    Its my favorite movie.
    Unforgiven and EarlyMon like this.
  10. Stigy

Sweet - orange now! Woot.
  11. Unforgiven

Nice, congrats Stigy. Good to see you in gold.:D
    EarlyMon likes this.
  12. Unforgiven

I actually only watched it upscaled through the blueray, but holy cow did it look better. And the 5.1 is really cool for movies. I have watched a bunch of mid eighties movies on Netflix that come through in HD, it's pretty cool seeing movies from back then as they were seen in the theater.
  13. Stigy

Good to see you in green too. ;)
    Unforgiven likes this.
  14. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Congrats BB
    BabyBlues likes this.
  15. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Alright, much too big of a thread for me to read everything, but gratz to all the new guides! :D

PS: I still am loving this phone.
    EarlyMon, Unforgiven and BabyBlues like this.
  16. BabyBlues

Same to you! (And any of the other new ones that might pop in here!)
    Thats and Unforgiven like this.
  17. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Congrats Pupkact!
    Unforgiven likes this.
  18. Unforgiven

Goodnight AF.
  19. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Sleep well Pupkact! Thanks for chatting!
    Unforgiven likes this.
  20. BabyBlues

Unforgiven likes this.
  21. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Wowzers 3 new guides! Congrats Thats,pup, BB's, all worthy and all bring even more value to AF! I've always liked the color green :D
    Unforgiven, EarlyMon and BabyBlues like this.
  22. Khatmandu

Khatmandu Well-Known Member

Congrats on the guide status, two deserving folks!
  23. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Congratz baby blues, pupkact and iowa! Can't believe you folks finally made it!
  24. Yadao

Yadao Well-Known Member

BabyBlues likes this.
  25. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone. Dumb question, how do I disable email notifications for threads I've subscribed to? They fill my inbox like no tomorrow.
    Unforgiven likes this.