1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

I agree, our Nexus does quite well when you don't have your dslr. Captured this one yesterday on the side of the road in Newland, NC with the Nexus.

[​IMG]
    breadnatty08, jmar, BabyBlues and 2 others like this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

We haven't had much snow up here in my area this year. A couple of thoughts came to me that I thought I would like to share here as we are getting some snow now.

1. I love to stand outside and listen to the silence during snowfall. It is different from any other silence I know. I hope other folks can confirm this for me. I can't explain it. It is just peaceful to stand outside for a few minutes and listen to the snow fall.
    2. I just went on an ice cream run for the family, and there is nothing cooler that the star wars effect when you put on your high beams in a snow storm.
  3. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

pupkact, did it snow by you today? We got a fair bit today here in Boston; started around noon, though by 7 when I left work it was mostly just raining.
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

As much as I dislike snow I will say that I agree with you on the silence. We have a highway that runs behind the house and when it snows hard its eerie how quiet it gets.
    Now I'm going to have to try the headlights thing since I understand that!
  5. Unforgiven

I'm in Douglas Massachusetts. It's snowing like mad here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  6. Unforgiven

Think millennium falcon going to light speed and enjoy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  7. Copacetic

+1 on the unique quiet of the snow and on the amazing look of snow in high beams. Looks like our natural sound and light show has ended for the night here.
  8. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Really? Wow, that's not that far. Interesting. It's almost exclusively rain here now, and mostly finished.

Oh hey, did I mention the AndroidForums Boston group to you? You should join up :)
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I think it's unanimous. The quiet of snow is like no other. I love during heavy snow to just lay down and watch it floating down, I think there is nothing more peaceful.
  10. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

I wish I had a drift car in the snow or something I didn't care about much so I can sit in a parking lot and do donuts in it. Oh well - snow just becomes a nuisance after its done falling. I'm definitely not partial to it and probably will be moving south of NJ when I want to settle down to leave it behind.

So I decided 7" is the perfect size for a portable tablet -- this playbook is killer so far. Super quick, the touch sensitive bezel is real nice. Honestly if this had apps from the start it would've been real popular. Some screenshots below for those interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BabyBlues likes this.
  11. Unforgiven

Yeah, I'm just above the T where CT and RI come together. It seems we are always on "the line."
  12. BabyBlues

Let me just say how much I love Triple A. I went to use my mother's vehicle this morning but it wouldn't start. So I ended up in my own and called Triple A after dinner. Came within the hour and its all better for now.
    Unforgiven and Stigy like this.
  13. Stigy

I just up'd to AAA Premier -- has some really nice perks. Definitely worth it after my accident that was 170 miles from home. Really expensive tow trying to get it to my body shop.

www.aaa.com redirect
    jmar and BabyBlues like this.
  14. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Man, it's been a SUPER mild winter here in DC. Today is supposed to be 70! :eek: I grew up in MA and really miss the snow. Couple years ago we had a huge snow storm that completely crippled the city for days. Of course, the restaurant never closed :rolleyes:.

Wasn't a huge fan, but it's some nice upbeat music. RIP Davy Jones
    The Monkees - Theme Music - YouTube
  15. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I remember that one. Pictures circulated around work of the hanger at Dulles which collapsed due to all the snow, damaging a nice collection of expensive business jets, including some of our own. Here's a pic I found:

[​IMG]
    CaptainRon and breadnatty08 like this.
  16. breadnatty08

Yikes, yeah and a few large business stores' roofs collapsed. Here's an article. It was quite a site to see. I've never seen snow come down this fast and I've spent plenty of time in snow country in NH/VT.
  17. Copacetic

Good Morning all! The wild weather of last night has moved on and today is projected to be a very pleasant 70. Hope everyone has a great day!
  18. Stigy

Going to be 43
  19. BabyBlues

20. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

+1 on that. I got the Galaxy Tab 7+ and absolutely love it. Perfect size for a tablet.
  21. breadnatty08

I'm still a morning guy from the baker times. Today (since I don't have to go to work until 1pm), I slept in to 6am :eek:
    Tonight we have our manager's outing. We close the restaurants a whole 1 hour early and tonight we're going bowling. While I love bowling, I don't love being out past midnight and getting up 5 hours later to go to work :(
  22. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Let me ask you guys a questions. How would you feel if you found out your workplace had provided a list of names, job titles, and salaries for every employee to your local newspaper so they could do whatever they wanted with it?
  23. breadnatty08

I've had 2 ~10" tablets and 2 7" ones. I say they almost have two different applications. I love the portability of the Flyer, but I think the Prime just can be more widely used. If you spend the majority of your time reading books or surfing the web, a 7" is perfect. But, I guess I just like the larger screen real estate of a 10" tablet for all my tasks and can suffer the added weight and size to transport.
  24. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Sue them.
    ryancmatchett and breadnatty08 like this.
  25. Copacetic

Love the 10 inch on the Transformer, seems perfect to me. However, it rarely leaves the house so size is not an issue. I bought it for my husband, he is not a techie. Once I had it set up for his ease of use, he uses it as his main device mostly for web surfing. The larger screen makes the touch everything easier for him and easier for me to see the screen when he turns it towards me and wants to know where what he was looking at went, lol :D