Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

BGR also reported on the DOJ investigation of iBooks price collusion first of all the blogs I saw.
  2. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!
    Hey Chief, just a heads up, it's actually very easy to derive someone's Facebook ID from pictures. I'd recommend you upload the pictures to a site like TinyURL before putting them on here.

Anyway, sorry that I haven't been around much, friends. It's been a chaotic week. I'm working on that big RSRSS post, but it's slow going, I've got weeks of stuff to catch up on! I haven't even gotten to MWC yet, that's going to take a while. :(
  3. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

my personal favorite:

Android Lost | Google Play

although there are several others.
  4. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Security is a big issue for me and I am willing to pay for a service that does what I need it to do. For several years, I used Wave Secure, they then sold to McAfee and my subscription was transferred to them. They offer security monitoring for virus' and other threats, web protection, app protection to review and approve what apps do, Call and SMS filter, Backup, Restore and wipe, Locking of the device with or without an alarm, with or without a screen message, remote tracking, call log retrieval via the web and some features by text. They also allow installation as an administrator to protect against it being removed and will notify and lock if the sim card is changed. They have you enter a buddy who will be texted in the event someone takes out the sim card ( you forget your pin and they will send a temp one to a buddy, or if your phone is lost or stolen, you can send a My Location link to your buddy.
    I am sure there are ways to do this all more cheaply and by using a combination of apps, but they do offer a comprehensive package.
  5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Mind me asking what the cost is?
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

A lot of people seem to like Plan B for a lost phone.
  7. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

I've stayed on M4 with M1 kernel and loving the battery life and responsiveness.
    My only complaint is that phone idle takes up an inordinate amount of battery percentage and I can't find a way to force stop it.
  8. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Got Google Wallet working on my replacement phone today. Thank you Google for buying my lunch today! Went to McDonald's, and when I paid for it by simply holding my phone up to the PayPass terminal, the lady gave me the strangest look and said "what ARE you doing?" (thank goodness she didn't say "that must be an iPhone!") My wife also thought that was pretty cool, too!

Anyway, I installed the apk from the XDA link that Stigy gave, because my phone wouldn't show the one in the market. When it made the payment, I got an error message at the top, that this was an "unsupported device." Do I need to do something differently, or is this a message that we'll always get, when using a VZW phone / Wallet?
  9. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hey everyone!
  10. chiph411

11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Hey MP, quiet out there today. Unless it is Play questions. I'm still not updated and have no issues. I also haven't seen a good answer for it yet, so I'm kind of useless to those folks right now.

chiph411, Hello, are you new here. If so, welcome to the Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole.
  12. Metroid Prime

Sorry to hear that.
  13. chiph411

Reasonably new, just a consummate lurker. But thank you for the welcome.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

No one lurked like I did, first post in August 2010, 2nd post, January 2012. Now 1,600+ since then. I quess you could say I stopped lurking:D:D
    chiph411 and ryancmatchett like this.
  15. AntimonyER

Just means your rooted, nothing to do with you being on Verizon I don't think. Nothing you can do about it though.
  16. chiph411

I try to "unlurk" every once in awhile just to keep the keyboard functioning.:D
  17. Metroid Prime

Speaking of "rooting" I am researching that subject to learn all there is about it.
  18. Copacetic

Hey BB, I now use it as part of a bundle where it protects all of our devices, 3 laptops, tablet and smartphone for a yearly subscription price. I use to have Mcafe total protection for 3 computers and the seperate Mobile security. This year they came out with a different version that covers all of our devices in one package, I am not sure what just a smart phone is.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  19. Copacetic

Hi NC! I have not gotten that message when I make a payment, but have not made one in the last few days
  20. BabyBlues

ryancmatchett and vandyman like this.
  21. AntimonyER

I know. I wish I had some extra money to burn.
  22. BabyBlues

Yeah. But maybe by Christmas.....
  23. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Thanks for the advice, Razor. I'm really not that concerned about my AF peeps finding out who I am on FB. It's not like I have naughty stuff on there or anything; and if you don't like my facebook posts, don't read 'em ;)

WARNING: You can imagine, though, that as a patriotic veteran I can post some pretty incendiary stuff... so be advised before you go there :)
    BabyBlues likes this.
  24. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

There are a few remarkably memorable times in my life. The first time I made love, the first time I flew solo (which lasted longer and was less stressful than the first time I made love) and when I found out the sex of my first born.

This is the second (the first being when you found out you were going to be a dad) of many enjoyable moments of being a parent jbdan. Relish them all my friend.

Speaking of which, my beautiful daughter just came home tonight on her first spring break. It's great to have her home even though she was rude enough to point out that her 15 year old baby brother is now taller than his dad. (But to be honest, dad is busting at pride that is son his taller even though I can still kick his butt arm wrestling)