Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Welcome Back Han, I see I get to move up my estimates for when we hit 10k by a few days now ;)
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Thanks!!
    You've missed a lot my friend. I've also now watched Episodes 4, 5 & 6 of Star Wars.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Welcome back, I guess, I must have joined the thread after you left. I see your former self is still in the top 10 though.:D I almost reported this as spam (user with one post saying I'm back) but I see the others here welcoming you back, they think you OK, you must be OK.:)
  4. quiklives

quiklives Well-Known Member

You might find that Xubuntu is light enough for it. It's basically just a lighter front end for Ubuntu, but it has lower system requirements.

If that's still a bit too much, there's always something like Puppy Linux.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  5. BabyBlues

I like that name - Puppy Linux. Its what I would try simply because it amuses me.
  6. Unforgiven

I'll give those a shot, like I said, it's more of a curiosity. Thanks a lot.
    Yeah, goes well with my name too.:D
  7. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Welcome back sir - glad you got it all sorted out.
  8. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I had to delete my old account, so I lost my post count and thanks, but oh well.

Glad to be back. Super busy at work, so not as much time to roam and post as before, but I'll try to keep up to date with you guys!
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  9. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

WhooHoo! Yes! Welcome back HanSolo. I was worried you got lost in an avalanche on your ski trip.

As to your lost post count, we'll gladly give you "credit for time served" :D
  10. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Glad to see you are thawed out of the carbonite. :p
  11. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Hey everyone! I'm somewhat back!! I am at my parents house for 3 days so I can go about my normal duties for 3 days or so! :D This thursday I am getting PRK surgery on my eyes, 20/20 vision hopefully to follow!

Then I wait for my RMA'd Motherboard to get back...:(
  12. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

Yes, welcome back. Seriously...do people have nothing better to do with their time than use their computer wisdom to "hack" other people's business. Jeezzz.
  13. HanSolo

Yep, it was quite creepy. But the guy is now behind bars again for stalking his ex-wife and violating his parole. So all is well.

What is everyone running? I'm on Axiom Crossbreed, which frakking flies!

I unfortunately got a tiny, almost imperceptible scratch on the Nexy. Had to go with a Zagg protector after that. I hate the orange-peely texture to it now, but it's better than nothing. This screen is DEFINITELY not "fortified" or whatever they call it. I don't even know what I scratched it with. Probably a zipper from my pocket.

:-(
  14. BabyBlues

I use AOKP. Battery life isn't spectacular but the goodies he baked in make the rom awesome.
  15. Unforgiven

I went back to stock a few weeks ago but I can't for the life of me remember why. I must say that it is nice not needing to be on a custom rom to be happy with my phone. I was running liquids beta before that.
  16. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

You should try the Steinheil screen protector. Feels great on my phone. Also, just because you got a scratch doesn't mean it isn't fortified. Got a 2" gash on my OG Droid within a month of using it. It supposedly had Gorilla Glass. Screens scratch, even when fortified. Just harder to break them.

Also Welcome Back!!!:D
  17. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I'm running AOKP as well. However, I get great battery life...go figure. Great for this phone anyway. AOKP and Lean Kernel has worked wonders for my phone over stock or any other kernel.
  18. Stigy

Running gummyNex on mine.

So glad he finally included the quick PIN unlock. A small thing like not having to hit Okay after typing in my PIN makes a huge difference.
  19. HanSolo

I was on AOKP through Milestone 4, but Crossbreed is a blend of AOKP and the leaked 4.0.4.

It has all the goodies of AOKP with some speed tweaks. I've got the Cobalt theme over it, and it's really nice.

It is so freaking fast and smooth, I can't believe it. He's got Franco's kernel baked in with an overclocked GPU. Battery life is about the same as what I got on AOKP.

If anyone wants to give it a whirl, it's here:

| AXI0M CROSSBREED MONOLITH B1 | AOKP | 4.0.4 | KANG/HYBRID | 3/12/2012 | - RootzWiki

I'm Hansolo607 on that thread. Pretending to be a British bloke. (Hey, I was bored!)
  20. HanSolo

Is there a link or something that I can plug into my favorites which will always bring up the last post I read in here? I used it constantly for the Epic Nexus thread, and I'd like to do it here, too.

Oh, and thanks for the thanks, Blues! I'm feeling quite thankless lately, ha ha.
  21. Unforgiven

There is a little blue down arrow at the left end of thread title (in a thread list) that will bring you to the first unread post in the thread. I'd give a screenshot, but the firewall I am currently behind prevents that.
    HanSolo likes this.
  22. Stigy

HanSolo likes this.
  23. HanSolo

Thanks guys!
  24. Unforgiven

Figured I would give you a thanks, get your stats back in order.:D
    HanSolo likes this.
  25. Unforgiven

AntimonyER, nice new avatar. I like it.:)
    AntimonyER likes this.