Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Ah, 3 posts in a row. Like the good old days!

Edit:

Make that 4!

Advertisement
    jmar likes this.
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Oh man Objective-C is quite the doozy. I wish I could practice/develop at work, but I think this is the way to go for now instead of trying to write the app in Appcelerator or PhoneGap. I'd rather learn something new anyway.

Anyone have experience with Objective-C / iOS development?
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Have his kernel app (didn't care so much about it, but wanted to donate), looked for updates and it seems I'm just on a milestone build which confirms that it's only on his nightlies. Would you recommend them over the milestones?

Data is fine here.
    Han, have you gotten into the tablet world? I got my TF Prime a few weeks ago and it's awesome (the docking station is great too). If I build up the strength today, I'll root it and put AOKP on it (think it may still be in beta, but they're working on it).
  4. breadnatty08

Anyone want to take guesses on how long it takes Han to reach his previous level of "thanks"?
  5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Could take a while. We don't have a Mega thread for him. :D
  6. breadnatty08

With all the Appreciation threads going around, we could throw together a "Welcome back HanSolo" thread and see how many thanks get his way. ;):D
    Copacetic likes this.
  7. HanSolo

His latest nightlies have been pretty stable, and #89 is great so far. So you might want to try it and if you don't like it, you can always reflash the milestone build.

Haven't gotten the tablet yet. I almost bought the TF Prime, but I decided I want to wait a bit and see what Google comes out with. Latest rumors has them coming out with their own vanilla tablet some time this summer, but I'm not sure what the specs will be.

Believe it or not iPad 3 looked very appetizing, until my wife asked me to put a favorite mp3 as a ringtone for her iPhone. After an hour of tearing out my hair trying to use a song as a ringtone using iTunes, (finally succeeded) I remembered how much I hate Apple.
    GalaxyNexus, ryancmatchett and jmar like this.
  8. HanSolo

lol you guys are funny.
  9. HanSolo

Bears are favorites to land Mario Williams!!!

Man oh man. If we can get him AND Vincent Jackson, we're going to the Super Bowl!!!!!
  10. breadnatty08

Yep, my wife brought home her boss's iPad (2 I think) to put some photos on it to show to clients. She was so fed up with iTunes she nearly threw the thing out the window! It's one thing I just couldn't deal with either. They certainly are great devices, I just think Android tabs have a lot more flexibility (and with ICS, a hell of a lot better than HC).
    Also, I've had folks ask me to do some settings changes on their iPhone (given I'm the resident techie at work), and I really have no idea how to work those things!
  11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I'll call Rico:D
  12. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I haven't had the time to do a ROM switch lately. I did try BAMF during the the Google Wallet fiasco and lost my prepaid card re-provisioning for two weeks. That sucked. As much as I would like to try Crossbreed I am wary of flashing a "GetReady" Package. I need to read his OP more in depth. Plus, no disrespect to DroidTheory, but I am not to hip on supporting a ROM that is, even while he gives credit and is probably even cool with Roman, so heavily based on the hard work of others. Just my 2
  13. breadnatty08

Anyone fill out their brackets yet? Who do you guys got winning? I'd love to see Carolina make it (they're my team), but they have arguably the hardest quadrant, with KU no less (shocked KU didn't get a first seed and Mich St did). Kentucky does have to route Duke though. Maybe I'll work on mine this afternoon.
  14. Unforgiven

I haven't filled mine out yet. I got stonewalled by the firewall at work this morning. I didn't follow closely this year, so I am going to throw darts to fill it out.
  15. breadnatty08

I always like to hear the different tactics people use to pick teams: go with rank, team color, favorite mascot, favorite city etc. I usually stay pretty conservative on my picks without too many upsets, but it never works out anyway :eek: Last year I think I had to tear it up by the time of the Sweet Sixteen :(:rolleyes:
  16. HanSolo

17. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Lots of Objective C experience, no iOS dev experience :(
  18. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

There is a lot of tv talk here lately, lol, welcome back Hans! We have a different TV issue in our house. Our Big Screen is a 62 " DLP and we thought we had a bad bulb, but a new one at a cost of $150, didn't help. Been on the forums looking at solutions, looks like it is either the ballast or the light engine, both expensive, the light engine really expensive. For some strange reason we did get the bulb to come on two days ago, so we haven't turned it off since because of our Spring Break Company, lol. Now we are trying to decide between fixing (which could be an expensive guessing game) or buying a new one. This one is 8 years old but works great, when it works! We don't want another DLP, we have gone through 3 bulbs, are looking at LED, LCD or plasma. Anyone have any strong opinions? We want stay at least this size, it is a big room and is bright during the day.
  19. MSUgEEk

Think plasmas are better the bigger you go, especially when you consider costs.
  20. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

When I do any sort of bracket or pool its always by team colors.:D
  21. HanSolo

Being on the coast, I'd recommend plasma. I heard it has issues if you are above a certain altitude (thousands of feet above sea level), but I'm not sure if that is old news.

But I have two tv's. They're both 42". One is LCD and one is plasma. I like the plasma the best by far. Colors seem more vibrant, and fast motion is smoother. Blacks are deeper. But that's just my opinion.

I have no experience with LED.
  22. breadnatty08

Well, IMHO, there is no better color in the world than Carolina Blue! :D (heck, it's practically ICS blue ;))
  23. Unforgiven

I have a 42" LCD (5yrs old) that I like a lot. It is getting ready to be moved to the family room as its time for a new one. I believe plasma / lcd are the best options right now.

I seem to remember when doing my research years ago that LCD weighed less and performed better where glare could be a problem but plasma had better / truer color. I'm not sure if this is still accurate (or if it ever was:rolleyes:).
  24. HanSolo

The glare thing is true. We have the Plasma in the living room, where we watch most of our tv, and I always have to turn out the lights behind us because the glare is terrible, especially for dark scenes. But I still like it better than LCD.
  25. MSUgEEk

If you simply want the best. Do yourself a favor and go buy a full grid array LED tv with local dimming :) Warning, that gets expensive very quickly when you go big.