• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I got Mediashare to work with it nexus for videos, music and Mediashares built In apps to utilize Dlna to our new tv. But, l still can not view pictures. Does anyone know what format our Jpegs are? My Sharp Aquos tv does not support progressive format jpegs and I am wondering if that is what the Nexus takes pics in?

Huh. I use Skifta for my DLNA link to my Samsung UN55D8000 and it shows Nexus pics just fine. Not sure if the format compatibility is a non-issue for me since they're both Samsungs, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Hope you get it figured out... DLNA is a neat feature to have :)

Upvote 0
Huh. I use Skifta for my DLNA link to my Samsung UN55D8000 and it shows Nexus pics just fine. Not sure if the format compatibility is a non-issue for me since they're both Samsungs, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Hope you get it figured out... DLNA is a neat feature to have :)

I had the same issue with skifta, plays everything but pictures. Actually, I tried all of the media servers for android and none would play the pictures. Skifta was actually a little buggy for me. The book for the sharp aquos lists the media files the tv can play, but I don't know which jpeg the Nexus is. Dlna is very cool though, especially the HD videos on a 70 inch screen.

Upvote 0
You know folks, I really can't recall if I brought this up before so forgive me if I did:

I installed a NEAT little browser add-on on my laptop called Do Not Track +, and it is absolutely amazing. I had no idea so many companies were tracking my surfing behavior!

Do Not Track Plus

Facebook is notorious for tracking you across hundreds of websites... along with hundreds of other companies that want to know where you go, what you do there, how long you do it, and where you go next. Then they sell all that info on you to the highest bidder. Quite frankly, I don't think it's any of their friggin' business!

Example: I installed it five days ago and so far, DNT+ has blocked over 11,600 tracking attempts on my laptop! :eek:

Anyway, it's free, it's small, and it supports most of the major popular browsers. Even if the naughtiest thing you do online is read BB's innuendos, is it really their place to track you and sell YOUR information... without at least sharing the proceeds with you?

HIGHLY recommended!

Upvote 0
Hello Nexus family, just wanted to drop in real quick and say hello. I know it's been a little while since I've posted. I've been around but have been busy with my last week of work. I start my new job tomorrow and while I'm a little nervous, I'm very excited!

Lots been going on lately, and I'll catch youse up later, but just wanted to post a little something for BabyBlues (well, it's for everybody, but she's directly responsible). I finally had this made up, I got it yesterday, and added it to the multitude of stickers on the back of my car today. Taken, of course, with my Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20120325_114708.jpg
    IMG_20120325_114708.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0
Hello Nexus family, just wanted to drop in real quick and say hello. I know it's been a little while since I've posted. I've been around but have been busy with my last week of work. I start my new job tomorrow and while I'm a little nervous, I'm very excited!

Lots been going on lately, and I'll catch youse up later, but just wanted to post a little something for BabyBlues (well, it's for everybody, but she's directly responsible). I finally had this made up, I got it yesterday, and added it to the multitude of stickers on the back of my car today. Taken, of course, with my Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy! :D

erzk8vuQ

I WANT!!!!

Reactions: Lucky Armpit
Upvote 0

I squealed to see that in an actual sticker!! Awesome!!
erzk8vuQ

I WANT!!!!

I thought wifey wanted to steal your phone?

Reactions: Lucky Armpit
Upvote 0

Nice to meet you Lucky Armpit!! I am kinda new here! (hi to EarlyMon too)!

Anyway 2 things, congrats & GOOD LUCK on your new job tomorrow!! :D

2nd thing, that is the coolest bumper sticker ever!! You rock!!

Have fun tomorrow (today), you'll do awesome! :thumbup: ;)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Well, my Heels lost yesterday. I'm not terribly surprised. KU is my 2nd favorite team (lived in Lawrence for a couple years). Saw some shots of all the partying they were doing downtown on FB. Looks like a lot of fun. I just really don't want Kentucky taking it all, not a fan.

Did anyone see Hunger Games this weekend? I'm hearing all types of hype and criticism over it. Don't really have a desire to see it but wondering folks' thoughts.

Upvote 0
Good morning all!! Sorry to those who were not happy about the outcomes of the basketball games. (I have no idea who is in what place but I know some of you follow quite closely).
I hope everyone had enjoyable weekends. I am almost done with book 2 of 50 Shades of Gray. Whew, is it hot!, but there is definitely a good plot and underlying themes in it as well. Thanks for putting it on my radar. Short week for me - Friday is no work (YAY!!).

Upvote 0
Smaller, but still there almost 48 hours after it stopped raining. Thankfully we should be completely dried out by the time the next rain is predicted to arrive... oh look at that, saturday and sunday... stupid rainy weekends.
Yeah, rainy weekends are not fun. I hope all stays ok for you.
Wow, so quiet in here today.
I know. I keep checking and nothing... ..wake up people!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones