Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Anyone else having something weird happen if you hit the Thanks button? It takes me to another page that says I don't have the authority to do that and then when I go back on the browser, it shows that I thanked the post. Just started this morning.

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Nothing weird for me, but I'm on tapatalk.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Here's all the chatter we missed from last night!
    Dumb question:
    Is there any way to disable the screen from going on once I disconnect it from the charger? I recall my Droid screen always came back on but the Bionic does not. Don't know if it's possible through settings or if it's in a custom ROM? Not a big deal, just a little annoying.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I stopped in there on a cruise about 12 years ago. If I am remembering the right island, you will want to get out of the touristy part (at least where the cruise ship docked) and visit the rest of the island. It was beautiful and the people were very friendly.

My 20yr is next year, and I was valedictorian too. But I haven't gone to one yet and I don't plan on starting now.

I left for basic training a few weeks after graduation, that's the quickest way to lose touch with everyone. I run into folks from time to time and that's enough.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to float around here a little bit more today.:)
    BabyBlues and breadnatty08 like this.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

My daughter is both valedictorian AND salutatorian! Of course, she home schools herself so she's in a class of one :p

High School - to me - was the worst 4 years of my life. I couldn't wait to get out of there... and other than a slight desire to show everyone how well I actually turned out, I feel no compulsion to go to a reunion.

Ever.
    BabyBlues, MSUgEEk and breadnatty08 like this.
  6. breadnatty08

Pupkact, the place she's looking at is the Ladera Resort (unfortunately, she hasn't found a date that's not completely booked in the summer). Just check out this view from the room: :eek:
    [​IMG]
    Unforgiven and MSUgEEk like this.
  7. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

That is awesome!
  8. breadnatty08

Anyone watch the show "A Day in the Life of"? It's exclusively on Hulu, directed by Morgan Spurlock (of Supersize Me). Pretty cool show; fun to see what Mario Batali does. I'd have none of that as a chef though.
  9. MSUgEEk

Wasn't quite the worst 4 years of my life...think that would be middle school, lol. But I hated high school. College was a different story. really came into my own and loved college. I'm sorta like you though. The only reason I would want to go back to a high school reunion would be to show everyone how well I turned out.
    The_Chief likes this.
  10. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Here is to hopefulness. I have had 1 very close friend die of lung cancer age 34. My Aunt just passed from pancreatic cancer age 69. My best friend since elementary school was just diagnosed with Lymphoma age 43. It's an ugly experience and I will always hold much hope that one day this disease will be cured
  11. breadnatty08

12. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Good morning, peeps! Been super busy at work lately. Big case, big headache.

Did I miss anything spectacular?
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

breadnatty08 likes this.
  14. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Here's another one I just got of my great nephew LOL

[​IMG]
    MSUgEEk and jbdan like this.
  15. BabyBlues

Halon the captions are great!!
    halon likes this.
  16. HanSolo

Check this out, guys. I got 5G signal!! The future is now!!

[​IMG]
    jbdan and breadnatty08 like this.
  17. breadnatty08

Han, the 5G is great, but it looks like it's killing your battery! :eek:;)
  18. HanSolo

Ah yes, that's the only downside to the super fast 5G, I'm afraid. It's 20 times faster than 4G, but the average battery life is roughly 25 minutes.

Oh well! I have 10 extra batteries to last me til lunch time!

lol
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  19. HanSolo

Hey Chief, check this out!

Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Dark Lord Trilogy: Labyrinth of Evil Revenge of the Sith Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Star Wars (Random House Paperback)) eBook: James Luceno, Matthew Stover: Kindle Store

I'm halfway through the first book, and it's fantastic! (I converted it to .epub format and am reading it on my Nexus.)

I watched Episode II beforehand, to get me up to speed, and dived right in. Book I deals with events about 3 years after Episode II, and Book III deals with events between Episode III and Episode IV.

I wanted to share it with you, but there was no attachment option for a zip file in PMs.
    The_Chief likes this.
  20. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning all - more Solaris training today.

Taking a break for lunch right now. My allergies are killing me, my nose is stuffy and my throat is scratchy and it sucks. Trying to find some good medicine for me to take, but nothing seems to help. This huge change in temperature in NJ hasn't helped either.

Ugh gonna be a long week if I continue to feel like this though. Going to try to take my wheels apart for the car today. If not gonna try to refinish them while they are together -- we'll see how this goes.

I wanted to read these, might be time to now that I got my Playbook and cause use as an eBook reader.
  21. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I really like 24 hr Zyrtec stigy have you tried it? I'm a huge allergy sufferer and everything in GA is yellow (my car, the streets, literally everything) right now with pollen. Zyrtec makes it seem as if there was no pollen at all, for me. With the added bonus of no drowsiness
  22. MSUgEEk

This may or may not help. Have heard from several that it does, but regular sinus rinses (netti pot or similar) as well as a tablespoon of locally farmed honey every day when the season begins.

Edit: by local I just mean within the same pollen region.
  23. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Steven pokes his head in to say hi to his war comrades.
    The_Chief likes this.
  24. BabyBlues

Hi Steven!!!!!
  25. breadnatty08

Why don't you join us more often? :confused: