• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

These are the settings I use. Indoors at my office you can see at the top I have 100-150 level range ambient lighting and that is from the past 2 days of watching at different times of the day and these have been bright and sunny days. I wanted that to be the lowest I could stand it to be which was the lowest minimum setting. From there I worked my way up the scale. Never saw any place I would experience anything over 10,000 that wouldn't be full sun so I made the big jump to full brightness there. Even on a bright day in a shady area, I could tolerate a 125 setting easily at the only place I could get the sensor to read in that 6k-10k range. I'm sure there'll be more tweaks. 15 levels in all right now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenlevels1.png
    screenlevels1.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 172
  • screenlevels2.png
    screenlevels2.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0
morning all. Finally done with all the management walk throughs and meetings that have been happening at work. Whew!!
Update for BB....we finally finished our wedding Save the Dates. Took some work learning PSE but we finally got it last night. I will be printing them and the address labels tonight. Side note...we ended up using 2 of the fonts from a site you all recommended so thanks for that. Not easy to make, but doing them ourselves has saved us more then $400...so I would call that a win!!
And I used a template, so we will be using the same graphic and fonts to do all of the other stationary like the invitations, menus, programs and usher cards. We should be saving an average of $200 per 100 prints we do, so that is a huge bonus in the DIY category!!
Happy Hump Day to all!!

Reactions: NCTurner
Upvote 0
morning all. Finally done with all the management walk throughs and meetings that have been happening at work. Whew!!
Update for BB....we finally finished our wedding Save the Dates. Took some work learning PSE but we finally got it last night. I will be printing them and the address labels tonight. Side note...we ended up using 2 of the fonts from a site you all recommended so thanks for that. Not easy to make, but doing them ourselves has saved us more then $400...so I would call that a win!!
And I used a template, so we will be using the same graphic and fonts to do all of the other stationary like the invitations, menus, programs and usher cards. We should be saving an average of $200 per 100 prints we do, so that is a huge bonus in the DIY category!!
Happy Hump Day to all!!

Awesome! Feels good to save money doesn't it? Haha The wife and I did all the invites, programs, and even some of the food for the reception ourselves with the help of some family members as well. I actually thought it was a very fun experience and it saved tons of money.

Upvote 0
Happy Hump Day to all!!

Woohooo! Do we get to see them once they are sent? :)
Saving money is good! If you had eloped you could have saved even more! :D

Upvote 0
Morning everyone!

Trying to decide if I want to take the time to fully polish my wheels for my car or if I want to just polish the lips and keep the center of the wheel silver to match my car.

Drinking a Rockstar Punch (my second favorite energy drink) this morning. Not sure why I am so tired - got a nice 8 hours of sleep last night, but woke up tired.

Well anyway glad its hump day! Running OSX in the VM is hanging a bit, but I figure its only cause I am giving it 1 Core and 1.5GB of RAM so hoping to get it running on my Netbook so I can give it all the resources of the machine. If not I might end up grabbing an old Macbook or Mac Mini to develop on.

Phew morning rant, but hi everyone!

Upvote 0
My best friend was going to do that. Then she got a case of the guilty conscience.
Me - if I do it again it will be either a beach (in Mexico or the Caribbean) or Vegas.

Same here. Whole wedding process was a pain for the both of us. Nothing to do with us and what we wanted, but what everybody else wanted and could/couldn't attend. Started from day 1 too. One of her friends got upset because she had been engaged for 6 months and we had picked out a date a month before her wedding and we had only dated for 3 months. Wife didn't want to burn that bridge so what did we do? We moved our date to 2 weeks after hers eventhough that put the wedding 1 week after school started and my wife is a teacher and was starting at a new school. Meaning no honeymoon right after the wedding...delayed till Thanksgiving break. After that it was just a constant flood of we wanted one thing and friends couldn't do that or didn't like it, wedding planner telling my wife her ideas were dumb, etc. We ended up having our wedding the way we wanted it and we wouldn't change a thing. We didn't compromise on the things that were important but made adjustments on things that didn't matter to us but did to others. Neither of us will ever marry again unless the unthinkable happens and one of us dies, but we've both said if we had to do it again we'd do a destination wedding and invite family and minimal friends to come if they want, if not, oh well.

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
as soon as we send them I can post a pic...sure!!

And although eloping would have saved money...the family would NOT have been happy. I don't think either of us would have, but the amount of $ the whole thing costs...well worth the time and effort.

You'll enjoy it. You'll be glad you invested all the time and money in it in the end, just don't let the process get to ya :D Was getting to this point in my previous post, but in the end, do it the way you two want and don't give up anything important to you. If it's minor stuff to make a family member happy, ok, but don't let everyone else ruin YOUR (you and your bride) day.

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Good morning peeps!!

My Nexus just called out to Verizon for programming... AGAIN! This is happening wayyy to often, like every 7-10 days: in fact, Tier 2 tech support told me that if my Nexus keeps trying to call *228 (or an equivalent) for programming, it'll eventually fry the SIM card.

Naturally, they can't just look into their computer system and tell my what my phone is doing, so what is their solution?

Factory reset. Of course.

They suspect that an app is wreaking havoc with the system and telling it to call out to Verizon. :thinking: Well, on the other side of the reset all my apps are gonna come back so what good will THAT do?

I really, really don't want to reset my phone. Can anyone in here shed some light on what Ginny is doing?

Chief, have you updated to the 4.0.4 radios by any chance? I had a problem (not sure if it's the same as yours), when I'd wake my phone up after an hour or two and find a screen that said I'd just had a successful activation. I didn't like that and asked around at rootzwiki, and someone told me to upgrade to 4.0.4 radios. I did, and the problem went away.

Upvote 0
lol Hello!

4.0.4 radio was dumpsville for me ;)

If only the weather could be this way year 'round oh what a joy! So nice I wished I lived outdoors for about 6 weeks during this time of year in the ATL

+1 on that. Beautiful weather here. Upper 70's/low 80's for the next 10 days with minimal isolated showers. :D

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Well ladies and gentlemen we've been friends for quite a while now and I'd like to say "Thanks". The phone is indeed wonderful but it's the friendships that will outlast the phone and the friendships that I am most grateful for. I consider myself very lucky to have met all of you and thoroughly enjoy learning little bits here and there.

10000posts.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones