• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I had my calzone yesterday, BB! Italian sausage, mushrooms & black olives rolled up into greasy, cheesy goodness by my local pizzeria! YUMMOUS

I just ate the Southwest Patty Melt 6 Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr. Felt naughty, but it was so gooooood. :)

On a different subject for just a moment...would you guys/gals be willing to check out my guide? It's here: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4156861

Thanks y'all. Off to feed the baby more than just the raisins he's snacking on right now!

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
I just found Verizon has a deal for a FREE Nexus with 2-year contract if you enter a special promo code! In fact, the same promo code will get you any accessories - like car chargers and holsters - for HALF PRICE! Gotta tell my Eris-owning son when he wakes up :D

Promo Code is APRILFOOLS :p

Upvote 0
I just found Verizon has a deal for a FREE Nexus with 2-year contract if you enter a special promo code! In fact, the same promo code will get you any accessories - like car chargers and holsters - for HALF PRICE! Gotta tell my Eris-owning son when he wakes up :D

Promo Code is APRILFOOLS :p

Am I the first person to ever quote themselves? :rolleyes:

Anyway: after showing this April Fool's joke to my son, you know what he went and did after Church? He bought a Nexus!

I can tell you this: Beam is flat-out COOL! The one thing we've found that it WON'T beam is pictures in the Gallery :( And if you beam a website to someone else, they have to have the same BROWSER or it will take them to the Market for install.

Anyway, that's what happened to us on April 1st :)

Upvote 0
Good afternoon y'all. Does anyone know how to stop the Nexus screen from dimming after a few minutes? Even when I have mine in its Seidio dock which by the way it doesn't recognize as a dock, it still dims. It is very annoying when I am trying to use it as a desk clock! I have tried every setting I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I downloaded an app called Screen Adjuster, and ever since I tweaked it I have had no such problems. You can set individual color levels, brightness and contrast. Give it a try and see if it resolves your problem :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the obviousness of my AF joke. I like to get in the spirit but am usually pretty lame.
It's been a "joke" of a day here at work. We've had another record week in the restaurant and it's been an insane amount of business the passed two days. I had to have my lovely wife drive all over the city looking for cheese for us. She was an absolute trooper and I love her for it. Should get out of here shortly. Everyone enjoy the rest of their evening!

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Why are there pictures of cats at the bottom of the page?

What cats? Where? Oh, April Fool's. Got me, made me look.

cat.jpg

Upvote 0
Am I the first person to ever quote themselves? :rolleyes:

Anyway: after showing this April Fool's joke to my son, you know what he went and did after Church? He bought a Nexus!

I can tell you this: Beam is flat-out COOL! The one thing we've found that it WON'T beam is pictures in the Gallery :( And if you beam a website to someone else, they have to have the same BROWSER or it will take them to the Market for install.

Anyway, that's what happened to us on April 1st :)

Very cool, I have yet to meet anyone to beam with. On a similar note, I love it when I pay with Google money and someone asks me what app will let them do it with their phone and I get to tell them they can't, lol

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones