Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Like the new avatar BB.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Thanks. I know a few people said they only get the tiny pic so I figured I'd post the full size for anyone who wanted a better view.
    [​IMG]
    chiph411 and CaptainRon like this.
  3. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

5. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Hmmm. Just noticed the date. I wonder? I haven't seen anything that says it is an April Fools joke.
  6. HanSolo

The people commenting on the site, although only 2, seem to think it is. I don't know, I think I would have seen that elsewhere if it was legit.

Especially the "quote" of him saying that he will hunt down those who have copies of them before he dies? Smacks of a joke to me.

While on the topic of Star Wars, just finished Revenge of the Sith, the novel. It's a fantastic book. Better than the movie, in my opinion. Most, if not all, the conversations presented in the movie (Jedi Council, Anakin with Palpatine, etc.) are so much longer and detailed. I always wondered what Mace Windu and Yoda meant when they said that the Jedi Prophecy might have been misinterpreted, but the book presents that conversation in fuller detail and clears it up, and makes you wonder.
    jmar and halon like this.
  7. halon

I want to start reading all of the Star Wars books. I need to finish the book I have now, first.
  8. adjuster11

adjuster11 Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a car parking application?

We parked the bikes, and rode a 30 mile loop on new roads.

It would have been handy to mark it, on the phone, so if we didn't get get back to the truck, I could open it up and see which way to the car.

Thankx
  9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Looks like Liquid 1.25 is pretty fast :rolleyes::D
    [​IMG]
  10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Yep.

Carrr Matey is free in the Market. It's a fun, piratey sort of theme but it does a bang-up job at telling you the direction and distance to where you started (or as the app says, "dropped anchor" :D )

Give it a shot: I think it's just what you're looking for.
    adjuster11 likes this.
  11. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all! Was a busy, busy weekend, so I wasn't on here at all. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend though.

We went to the Conservator's Center here on Saturday and took some photos (see below for some samples.) It's a pretty cool place - they basically take animals that have been adopted as a pet by someone or if they've been injured, then rehab them if they are injured, and either try to get them back to their habitat or, more often, give them a comfortable home. I can't believe the number of people that actually think they can raise a tiger as a pet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

So I just finished watching the Verge podcast with Neil deGrasse Tyson, whom I love. He said the reason he goes with the iPhone over Android is that Androids clock is off by 15 seconds. The nerve of these astrophysicists!
    jmar likes this.
  13. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

The first thing I do after a wipe/ install of AOKP is flash a different boot animation. I'm partial to the Nexus 1 ani.
    jmar likes this.
  14. CaptainRon

Thanks for posting the large image. When I'm on the app I don't get to enjoy your avatar.
  15. MSUgEEk

16. MSUgEEk

Beautiful creatures
    NCTurner likes this.
  17. HanSolo

breadnatty08 likes this.
  18. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

19. halon

20. MSUgEEk

From what I got from that review, it isn't that much better. Maybe a tad better screen (which I would honestly have to see it to believe it, videos look amazing on the Nex) and a quad core processor. We all knew before we bought this phone that quad cores were on the horizon. But honestly, how many of us would utilize quad core processors to justify having them? Honestly, the Nexus is overkill for what I do, haha.
    NCTurner likes this.
  21. HanSolo

Quad core is total overkill at this point. Not to mention the atrocious battery life. No thank you, I'll be glad to stick with my trusty Nexy for the next year and a half!
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

I'm with Han on this. I generally ignore device specs until I am close to an upgrade. My GNex was awesome when I got it, it's awesome now, and will remain relevant until I am close to an upgrade.

I know that 6 mos from now there will be phones that are "better" than my Nexus. Until my financials allow me to drop $600-$800 on a new device when it strikes my fancy, I don't worry about it much.

I do like to keep up with the general advances in technology so when I do upgrade I know what features I am looking for (rather than having the brilliant minds at VZW telling me what phone is right for me;):rolleyes:).
    NCTurner likes this.
  23. BabyBlues

I might possibly start paying attention around January. My daughter will be up for an upgrade in February but at the rate she is going there will only be a hand-me-down in her future. Little brats do not get good new phones.
  24. CaptainRon

Well if there is something hot out there come February maybe she'd like a hand me down Nexus and mom will enjoy the upgrade?
  25. BabyBlues

Exactly. Either way she will have something better than the continuum but if its a really hot phone I'm pulling rank.