1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Thats very purty!!

I know. Its kinda fun :D

Advertisement
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  2. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Walk? I was under the impression she ran into those situations at full speed!

Remember, it's not her fault. Trouble just finds her.
    breadnatty08 and BabyBlues like this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Wife is at work today so I'm scoping out the newest wine bar in our neighborhood. Really small and cute. Enjoying a glass of Barbera.
  4. CaptainRon

I'd love to join you, but I'm at my own wine bar at 35,000 feet. (don't worry, I'm not flying the airplane) Never tried Barbera. Good?
  5. CaptainRon

So how did it go yesterday? A?
  6. breadnatty08

7. CaptainRon

Thanks dread. When I hear Italian wine I hear Chianti and I haven't been too impressed with any of those. Barbera on the other hand sounds interesting and I'll have to try a glass next time I get a chance.

I have quite an eclectic range of tastes when it comes to alcohol. Beer (Chimay from Brussels or Heineken from Netherlands), red wine, (Malbec from Argentina) and scotch (Laphroaig from, well where else?)

I don't mean to sound like a snob. I still can enjoy a good cold PBR with my cheeseburger!
  8. breadnatty08

Oh, I love all things alcohol! :rolleyes:
    If you're able to get some Chianti Classico, pick it up. It's a touch pricier, but much deeper and richer. Loves me some Malbec as well. I'm generally more of a new world wine fan as it's bolder and more flavorful. Beer, don't get me started, it would take all day (I'm a certified BJCP judge and homebrewer). Liquor: I love it all. I just recently got into Scotch. Laphraoig is great, super smokey. When I was at my old job there was a rep from Remy Martin in with some tastings. No on in the kitchen wanted to imbibe, but I stepped up! :eek: And what did they bring? Remy Martin XO and Louis XIII! :eek: I'm generally not a cognac fan but that stuff was out of this world delicious, and so smooth. If you're looking for something new and a little out there, try some of the marcs or eau de vie from Clear Creek Distillery. Fantastic stuff.
  9. CaptainRon

Okay, I can see now are we going to be great friends. District of Columbia? Damn, I don't get into that neck of the woods anymore. IF I ever do get a DC layover I'll send you a PM!

On another note, have you rooted your Nook? My daughter has one and I'm dying to take it out for a spin when she comes home for summer break.
  10. breadnatty08

You should! We have tons of great beer bars, wine bars, and liquor haunts! :D
    For the Nook, haha, I rooted it the second I bought it :rolleyes: Never even signed into B&N. It's super easy and very safe as you're basically booting off the SD Card. Take it out and you're back to stock. It wasn't the best tablet I've owned, but very serviceable. Haven't updated any ROM beyond CM7, but it was fine (I've heard things get a bunch better if you OC, but never did it). I would assume you're talking about the Color as it's what I have. I've heard but not sure, they've locked down the Tablet pretty hard.
  11. CaptainRon

Yes she has the color Nook. She's already given me her blessing to root it. I'm still more tech savvy tech than my teenage kids. For now anyway, I think my 15 year old may eventually surpass me.
  12. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

My son's been accepted to Computer Information Technology school and the VA is paying for it! :D

Something tells me he won't need my help rooting much longer: in fact, he'll probably end up helping ME in the future so I know how you feel.

Does anyone want to take a SWAG if those Google glasses will be adaptable to trifocal lenses? Some of us old farts need more vision correction than augmented reality can provide :rolleyes:
  13. The_Chief

CaptainRon likes this.
  14. BabyBlues

Mmmmm malbec. Beer I'm a light weight. Don't like a heavy taste for the most part. Riesling, ice wines and Moscato are favorites. And Ruby port.
  15. BabyBlues

Congrats!!!!!!
    The_Chief likes this.
  16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

So I ran for the first time with the endomondo app, come to find my training route is not a full 5k but a half mile short. That explains why my performance was worst than I thought it would be. Oh well.
  17. BabyBlues

But you still did it which is a great accomplishment!
    AntimonyER likes this.
  18. The_Chief

Well Done, Antimony! I don't even like DRIVING 4-1/2 miles... let alone RUNNING it! You're an inspirational Gnexer :D
  19. doctorfrylock

doctorfrylock Well-Known Member

Hey, im 16, and my parents are getting me the galaxy nexus. The problems i've heard with the stock software don't bother me since I'll be putting a custom rom and maybe a custom radio on it. So would the G-Nex be a good choise?
  20. CaptainRon

Well IMHO the G Nexus is the best phone available today.
    chiph411, ryancmatchett and jmar like this.
  21. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

The_Chief likes this.
  22. BabyBlues

The_Chief likes this.
  23. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

It is the best choice out there in my humble opinion as well. Great screen, ICS, and stability like I have never seen in Android. I use AOKP ROM and LeanKernel. Enjoy it when you get it and unlock it right out of the box because that will wipe your phone completely, ALL PARTITIONS.
    doctorfrylock likes this.
  24. breadnatty08

Chief, that's a great video! All you need to do is add some music.
    Morning everyone! Happy Easter.
    The_Chief likes this.
  25. BabyBlues

Happy Easter everyone!
    And Happy Passover (sorry its a day late)!
    Copacetic and The_Chief like this.